Defender of Lorien

A Night of Pain

Anya followed her company back down the stairs. At the bottom Haldir bid them farwell for now and asked Anya to show them a place that they may find it comfortable to sleep for the night. Following her father’s orders, she led the fellowship to a clearing of trees not too far from her home.

“Nifalath, will you please gather a bushel of pillows and covers for my traveling companions, I’m sure they would be most appreciative,” she said.

“Anya, you are getting paler by the second,” Aragorn stated walking over to her. “Let your kin tend to your wound. I’ve only seen an elf look this sickly just before they died and I don’t wish to lose another of our fellowship.”

“Come, Orylonn will be expecting you,” Bravain said once again taking her arm. This time Anya didn’t fight him off, but instead followed his lead, even though she already knew where to go. Legolas went to follow them but Bravain told him to stay with the others. Anya didn’t even realize that Bravain was leading her home until they were just outside her door.

“This isn’t Orylonn’s,” Anya protested.

“I know, but our Lady instructed her to come to your home so you may rest in the comfort of your bed tonight,” Bravain assured her. Stepping into her home, Anya was over by the smell of boiling herbs and spices. Her head began to swim as her pain finally took over. This wound felt like none she had ever received before. Her knees buckled under her and she fell to the floor.

“Bravain get her in the bed,” Orylonn shouted at her brother. “She is worse than I feared.” Anya’s whole body shivered, her skin clammy to the touch. A foul oder filled her nose when Orylonn removed her makeshift bandage from her wound.

“Oh my, Orylonn what happened to her?” Bravain’s voice sounded distant, a ringing in her ears making it hard for her to concentrate.

“She must have gotten orcish blood in her wound,” Orylonn responded. After this pain became all Anya knew as Orylonn cleaned her wound. It felt as if flames were coursing up her side and engulfing her. And with one final scream her world went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a brief chapter, but it was meant to get you all excited and ready for the next couple to come:)