Defender of Lorien

Chapter Two, The Dark Ride

It’d been two days since Anya had started her journey to Rivendell and things were already starting to get difficult. The sun was just beginning to set, the air was getting chillingly cool, too cool, being that it was spring time in Middle Earth.
Anya loosened her grip on Elyana’s hair, letting him know that she wanted him to slow his past. She gazed at the woods to her right, she could feel a presents near, following her every move. She didn’t dare reach her mind out to this presents, not after what happened to her the last time she reached out without Galadriel near her.
Elyana stopped in his track, shaking his head side to side.
“What is it you hear my friend,” Anya inquired, “Where is it coming from?” But her voice didn’t seem to sooth Elyana, if anything he seemed even more agitated, “Whoa Elyana, calm yourself.” And with that Elyana bucked her off his back. Anya went flying through the, but because of her elfishness, she was able to land on her feet, just like a cat.
Elyana didn’t try to run away, but something was defiantly upsetting the beautiful animal. There was a rustling come from the woods, which was now behind Anya. Anya held still, waiting for whatever presents was in the woods to make the first move. Anya stood there, watching her own breath slowly materialize in front of her.
Finally, after what seemed like hours, Anya's sharp ears heard the sound of a sword cutting through the air behind her. Anya moved her head at the last second, grabbing out one of her daggers, and through it at her attacker. The blade cut through her opponents exposed neck, and he fell to the ground in a pile of blood.
To Anya's surprise, her attacker was an orc, far from its homeland, and seemed to be by itself. That didn’t make any sense to her, orcs never traveled alone. If there was one here, there must be more nearby, but why were they here?
Anya calmed Elyana down before scouting around to see if there were any more orcs were nearby. By the time she was done, there were stars in the sky, and she knew that she’d better make camp. After searching around for a bit she found a small cave perfect for camping. Since she’d just ran into an orc she decided not to light a camp fire. She laid out her bed roll, and closed her eyes for a little rest.
Even though Anya had chosen the elfish way of life to her human, she still had to sleep like a human, while all other elves just meditated. As she slept she dreamed of her home, bright colored flowers, and of protecting her family. When she awoke there were gray clouds circling the sky above her, as if they were vultures circling their prey.
This is strange weather, it’s not natural, Anya thought to herself, I need to get to Rivendell as soon as I can, before something befalls me. And with that she jumped onto Elyana’s back and rode hard to get to Rivendell.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would really like some comments please :)