Writing You a Symphony of Sound

Doctors and Daddies

I stared at them until Mr. Burns spoke, looking directly at me. Something told me he was serious, because this what my dad used to do.

“Eden, what are you going to do. You’re seventeen. You can’t raise a baby.” he said.
“I.” I couldn’t speak. If I did, I was going to cry again.

“Eden and I talked about. Even though this was unplanned and even though she being raped is the reason she’s in this situation. She will not kill her baby.” Kyle said.

“There’s always adoption” his mom suggested. I went to speak but Kyle told her for me.

“She wants to keep it.” he said. I nodded.

“That’s totally fine. We just wanted to know. I’ll make an appointment for you at my OBGYN” his mom said. I nodded and Kyle turned to me.

“Let’s go to the park” he said.

“Sure.” I said. He took my hand and we walked just like that to the park. I automatically went to the swings and checked my phone. Nothing.

“KYLE! EDEN!” I heard Austin and Jonathan scream across the park at us. I knew I was about to be attacked. So I braced myself and sure enough, I was lifted off my swing soon after. I gasped for breath as he put me down.

“Dude! Don’t kill her. She needs to live for at least another nine months!” Kyle said, smacking his band mate.

“What?” Jonathan question us.

“I’m pregnant. Don’t worry. It’s not Kyle’s. Actually, I don’t know whose it is. Seeing as I’m a horrible person.” I said.

“Kyle?” he said.

“It’s a long story Jonathan. I’ll let her tell you later. She’s just a little bit emotional about it. I mean, she just found out.” he said.

“Have you told Makayla?” he said.

“No. I’m not speaking to her.” Kyle said before sticking his hand on my back again.

“Come on, we need to go see when your appointment is Eden.” he said. I walked the three and half blocks quietly. Almost too quiet.

“FUCK!” Kyle screamed as his house came into view.

“What?” I said.

“Makayla’s there. I’m sorry Eden.” he said. “I’m going to break up with her.”

“No Kyle. I don’t want you to break up with your girlfriend for me.” I said.

“Eden. Makayla is a bitch. I’m not happy with her. There’s a reason I didn’t sleep with her on your sixteenth birthday. I’ve been in love with you since middle school. Now we’re going to be seniors, and I just want you to be mine!” he said. I stared at him for the longest time.

“I-I-I I’m sorry. Eden I really shouldn’t have said that. I mean, you’re pregnant and the last thing” he said.

“Kyle” I said.

“You need is a relationship right now. I’m so fucking” he continued on.

“KYLE” I said.

“Stupid, I mean I love you Eden and I want to be with you but” I groaned.

“KYLE WILLIAM BURNS. SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR A MINUTE” I said. He stared at me.

“What?” He said.

“Quit ranting.” I said, grabbing his baggy, grey shirt and kissing him.

“I love you too.” I whispered as he kissed me back.

“What the fuck?” Makayla got out of her car.

“Makayla. I’m sorry. I can’t be with you anymore. Please go home. Delete my number and leave me alone” he said.

“So you’re going to leave me for this piece of shit?” she said looking at me.

“Well, yeah. Except she’s not a piece of shit. She’s Eden Jaid Kane. She’s my best friend. I’ve known her longer. She has a bigger place in my heart” Kyle said. Then he laid his hand on my bloated looking stomach. “And so does this little guy or gal” With that, we walked inside the house.

“Eden dear, your appointment is at 4:30 today!” His mom yelled. I looked at the time. 4:00.

“Okay! We’ll be back!” I said. I drug Kyle out the door and to his car so we could go see my baby.

The drive there was completely silent. So was the walk inside. I walked up the desk to get my paperwork while Kyle sat down.

“Can I help you?” the nurse said.

“Um, yes. I’m Eden Kane. I have an appointment” I said. She handed me my papers and I went to sit beside Kyle. There were other people here. A woman that had to be almost due, another woman big but not as big, and a nervous looking couple with twins that had to be about three.

“Eden Kane” the nurse at the door asked. I got up first and Kyle followed me silently. He had never been this quiet. I got examined and we waited for the doctor. When she finally came in, I took a deep breath.

“So Eden, I expect you’re about 12-14 weeks. Which means you can hear the heartbeat if you want to” she said.

“Sure.” I said. She got the little device and Kyle looked up.

“Is it okay if I record this? So my family can hear it?” His voice was almost inaudible but the doctor smiled.

“Yes. You can.” she said. Kyle hit the record button on his phone and she quickly found my baby’s heartbeat. When she was done, I couldn’t help but smile.

“This is amazing. Thank you” I said. She nodded before we left.

“Let’s go get something to eat” he said. Soon enough he pulled up at a McDonald’s and we went inside.

“Anything you craving yet?” he said.

“Sweet tea.” I said.

“That’s a normal craving for you” he said.

“Oh, and strawberries” I said.

“You hate strawberries!” he said.

“Don’t blame me. Blame the child” I said. He rolled his eyes and recited the order that we’ve gotten for two years to the lady.

“Go find us a place to sit, please” he said. I nodded and went to the booth. When he came over, five minutes later, he was in his quiet spell again.

“Kyle?” I said when we were halfway done.

“Mhm?” he was mumbled because he was taking a drink.

“Why are you being so quiet?” I asked him, wondering.

“Just thinking” he said.

“You’re going to hurt yourself doing that. What are you thinking about?” I whispered.

“How your baby won’t have a dad, you know? I was thinking. Eden, what if we put my name on the birth certificate?” he said. I almost choked on my tea.

“Are you serious?” I said.

“Yeah. I want to be the father of your baby.” He said.

“Whatever you want Kyle. I already figured that you wouldn’t be “Uncle Kyle” to him or her anyway. I figured you’d be called Daddy” I said. He kissed me.

“This is what I want, Eden. I want to be with you and this baby and have our own little family” he said.

Our own little family
Those words sounded amazing right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
So they heard the baby's heartbeat, got together, and Kyle wants to be the baby daddy?

Comment = Love and answers :)