Writing You a Symphony of Sound

Preggo-No-Mo

“I suppose that’s right, thinking about it.” Kyle said. I chuckled, looking down at our son.

“I don’t know how it happened though. We used protection and I was still on the pill.” I said.

“I don’t know either, Eden. I guess he was meant to be here, then.” he said. I nodded and looked up as his mom knocked on the door.

“Hey. How are you feeling.” she asked, coming in right as Kyle picked up Braden from my arms.

“He’s healthy, Mom. This is going to a little weird to understand, okay?” Kyle said. So his mom sat down.

“Braden Noah Burns, was born at 4:45 in the morning. He weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces and there was only one logical answer to it. Okay. You know me and Eden lost our virginity together, but we had protected sex six weeks before she was raped. Her birth control obviously failed and the condom broke, because he is a full term baby.” Kyle explained.

“Girl! You better have a reasonable answer you’re in the hospital!!” Catt came into the room, upon getting my text message that I was in the hospital. Then she spotted Kyle.

“Dayum, Eden said you were cute, but I didn’t expect you to be this cute!” she said. I snorted with laughing then regretted it because I was sore from the c-section. Kyle then chuckled, handing me my baby.

“I think that was a compliment, so thank you?” he said.

“I take it you will not be at school tomorrow, then, Eden. Seeing as you are a Prego-no-mo?” she said.

“Nope. Want to see him?” I said. She nodded, coming around the bed to see the sleeping baby in my arms.

“He looks like Kyle.” she said.

“I know!” I said.

“What’s his name.” I said.

“Braden Noah Burns. He was 6 pounds, 10 ounces and was 18 inches long” I said. She snapped a picture on her digital camera to show our friends at school and most likely, our english teacher. She kissed my cheek before looking at me.

“Okay. I have to go to school now, I can’t afford to be late, but text me. I don’t even care if I get caught. Okay?!?” she said.

“Deal.” I said.

After another 48 hours in the hospital, me, Kyle, and Braden got to leave the hospital and go home to our house. Of course, hearing about the arrival of the baby, his band mates flew back to see him along with his dad and their parents. Catt(although she was 18 and could do it) signed up for online classes to move into our guest room and help with the baby. She was my best friend and her parents had kicked her out three weeks ago, so she’d been staying there anyway. Braden always had someone holding him, rather it was me, Kyle, or Catt. He was almost three weeks old now, and Catt was dancing around the living with him trying to get him to calm down.

“Oh, he’s a mad baby. I don’t know why he’s mad. He’s a mad baby. I’m thinking about crying. I get no sleep and I’m not his parent, but I feel like it. He’s a mad baby. I need mental help!” she sang dancing in circles until he stopped crying. Kyle bit his lip from where he was folding laundry.

“Not what you expected to be doing, huh?” I said.

“Oh no, I expected. But, do you think he could have acid reflex? Because he’s spitting up so much. Normal babies don’t spit up as much as he does. And my smell is now dirty diaper with a touch of baby vomit” he said. I thought about it.

“Maybe. That could be the reason why he cries so much too. We’ll ask the doctor at his next appointment.” I said, as the crying started back up as did Catt’s “I don’t know a lullaby” lullaby. I sighed. It was going to be a long 3 weeks. I sat down, folding towels and stuff like that until we had everything done, by that time, the baby had quit crying and Catt was being super quiet.

“You think she passed out too?” I said.

“Most likely.” he said. I got up and found Braden sound asleep in the bassinet and Catt curled up on the couch asleep, so I walked back in after flipping the baby monitor on.

“Yep, they’re both out. I’m tired I’m taking a nap. You coming?” I said. He nodded before following me upstairs and to the bed room where were out before our heads hit the pillow.

The sound of Braden’s crying woke us up 45 minutes later, but it didn’t matter. We were happy for the sleep we did get. Catt brought him too me so he could be changed. That’s when I realized something.

I may not know much about being a mom, but I was trying my hardest.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to Catt because she's having a bad day and she was the only one who commented. COMMENT PEOPLE! :)