Writing You a Symphony of Sound

Graduation

I woke up to the pregnant woman that held my goddaughter dancing around the room.

“EDEN WAKE UP, WE’RE GRADUATING TODAY!” she sang, making me laugh before kicking the blankets off to go get ready. Kyle and Jonathan were already downstairs with Braden. I giggled seeing Braden’s outfit.

“Using your baby for band promoting are we, Kyle?” I said, noting Braden had a FTSK shirt on his body.

“You know it baby” He said, kissing my lips and handing me the baby.

“Are you ready to graduate?” Jonathan asked me as I got Braden ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa Burns until the ceremony. At 6 months old, he was beginning to be a chunker and me and Kyle found it adorable. Piling into the SUV, We drove to Kyle’s parents house and dropped Braden off before driving to the high school. As-per-usual, we were the first ones there besides the staff. Let me fill you in a little bit

Jonathan and Catt got engaged, and a couple months ago she found out she’s having a little girl. They’re going to name her Haylen Makayla Cook. Catt’s due in July and they’re really excited because they’ve rented a house and got everything they need for her arrival already thanks to Jonathan’s parents.
I got chosen to be valedictorian and Kyle’s salutatorian. My class is 350 students. How did we get here? Kyle’s parents were more than happy to watch Braden while we went to school everyday. But after today, we were going to be free.

“Are you guys ready?” the principal asked us and we nodded. 2 hours later, me and Kyle were waiting on our names to be called. When they were, we waited for the rest of the class before being dismissed. We were getting ready to leave the school with Kyle’s parents came running into the school.

“What’s going on?” Kyle said.

“He’s gone!” His mom was crying. “We put him down for his nap and when I came to check on him, he wasn’t there.”

“Who else was at the house?” we asked.

“Caleb and Makayla. They got into a fight about kids and she left.” She said. “Do you think she could have taken Braden?” she said. I groaned.

“Of course, she was fucking jealous of me and Kyle. She was pissed Kyle chose me.” I said. That’s when Caleb came in, black eyed and cut up but holding our little boy.

“She had him. Didn’t get too far, my car was running on empty, but she beat me up pretty badly.” He said, handing me Braden. “But I’ll live. Braden needed saving. He’s like my little dude”

“Um. Wow.” Kyle said, before going and buckling Braden into the carseat and starting the car.

“We’ll see you at the house” he told his parents before pulling out and looking back at Braden.

“Who knows what would have happened if Caleb hadn’t been there, Eden. We could have lost our son. I’m starting to think Dallas isn’t the best place for us to be.” He said. I nodded.

“The neighborhood we live in isn’t the nicest either. So, I’m not comfortable with him growing up like this.” I said.

“The bands going to California in a few days for us to get settled in colleges and shit. But, do you think that San Diego would be anymore safe?” he said.

“I’m sure there are safe parts.” I said. He smiled, softly.

“I’m sure you’re right. But a lot of research will go into the neighborhood we’re going to be living.” He said. “I don’t know anymore, Eden. I want to keep him safe, but I feel like I’m failing.” He pulled into the driveway and killed the engine before I could answer him but I grabbed his hand, making him stop before he could get out of the car.

“Hey listen to me. You’re the best the father that Braden could have. It’s going to get harder, because we’re moving halfway across the country from your parents. But I promise you. We’re going to get through this. We might second guess ourselves a bit along the way but Kyle. We’ve been doing it for six months. I’ve watched you change so much, I’ve watched you prove them all wrong. Kyle do you realize, you were going to be responsible for him even if he wasn’t yours. Because we didn’t even know there was a chance he was yours until the day he was born. You’re the strongest 18 year old boy that I know. There’s not many guys we just graduated with I can say that about. Except Lucas, look at him. His mom died, his dad is an alcoholic, his girlfriend committed suicide, and he’s a single father to Amelia.” I said. “But that’s not the point, you’re so much stronger than you think Kyle, and I’m truly thankful for having you.”

“Eden, I’m not sure if I want to move away from my parents. I don’t know if we’re ready to take Braden and do this without help.” He said.

“We’ll still have help Kyle. We have the band and Catt. In a couple of months, Catt and Jonathan are going to be where we were six months ago.” I said.

“It’s El Cajon, the house we’re living at. We all decided it’d be easier if we lived together for the first year of college. So it’ll be like nothing’s changed” he said.

“Then why the fuck are you scared?” I said.

“Because. I just am.” He said. I snorted with laughter and got out to get the baby. He followed us inside with the diaper bag and Braden’s toys to find everyone standing in the living room talking. Lifting him out of the car seat, Kyle took Braden and handed him off to his Mom so he could announce something, since no one knew about the band moving.

“Can I get your attention please?” Kyle said. He smiled as he stood up on a chair.

“The band and I would like to announce we were all accepted to University of California San Diego. And we’re moving in a week. It was one of the hardest choices I’ve had make, taking my son away from his grandparents. But, it’s for the best. And mom, before you start, we will be back every holiday break. Okay. That’s all.” He said and climbed down.

Yes, maybe getting out of Texas was the best for us at this time. Maybe taking Braden to California for a few years would be a good thing. I don’t know, but it worried me somewhat. I didn’t know how Kyle would react being this far away from his parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
:P lol
okay so one more chapter :(
Braden
Yes, that is Kyle's baby picture. :P Thanks to Catt for the link :P