Status: Is anyone still reading this? If so, I'll dig up the next few chapters to get this story finished!

Come Back To Me

We Change, We Wait

All of my senses started to wake up, starting with my sense of hearing. The room was quiet aside from the gentle snores that I could hear beside me. My own breathing was soft and steady, just as it normally was when I woke up. Next was my sense of touch, which told me that I was lying on my stomach with an arm across my stomach and someone’s head buried in the crook of my neck. It was a nice, calm feeling, lying there with my eyes still closed as my body slowly woke up. Without even opening my eyes I could tell that I had forgotten to close the blinds on the window before I went to bed the night before. Hell, I didn’t even remember making it up here to my bedroom. The last thing I remember was curling up next to Gare as everyone finished the ridiculous game of 7 Minutes In Heaven. My bed was nice and warm, so warm that I didn’t want to get up at all.

The figure beside me begins to stir and I open my eyes to look at Garrett as his own blue eyes slide open to look at me. He looks so cute in the morning with his hair a mess and his eyes dulled down just the slightest bit from sleep. I smiled and kissed him on the tip of his nose before scooting down a little bit and resting my head on his chest. We lay there in silence and let the morning light settle around us.

“Merry? Did you really mean what you said last night?”

“Every word of it, Gare. Why?”

“I thought I might have dreamed it,” he said with a sheepish smile.

“If you’re capable of dreaming all of that, then I’ll be damned if I’m actually a figment of your imagination.”

“You’re too amazing to be a figment of my imagination.”

“Pshh,” I said quietly before we lapsed into another silence.

“I’m gonna go take a shower,” he said with a small smile. I knew that smile very well because every guy had one. It was the ‘care to join me’ look and I wasn’t falling for it. Shaking my head, I sat up and rubbed my eyes as a yawn overwhelmed me. My eyes slid shut as I yawned and when I opened them, Garrett had disappeared. Frowning, I climbed out of the bed and walked over to my closet. The clothes had been thrown onto hangers and hung in a very messy fashion, which bothered me all the way to hell. I hated when my clothes were unorganized. Grabbing the closet organizer I had brought from Chicago, I hung it in the closet and began folding the jeans that had been tossed in a back corner. Who on earth had I asked to put my clothes in the closet? I honestly couldn’t remember. Maybe it was Pat, who was probably passed out in the guest room of the house. Or maybe he’d gone home with one of Jess’ friends. I wouldn’t know until I left my bedroom.

Someone quietly tapped on the door frame of my bedroom and I turned to find Garrett in nothing but a towel with tomato stained cheeks. He refused to look at me as I stared at him—my face surely a look of shock and lust mixed. He looked at the pants in my hands and raised one eyebrow. They were an old pair of his sweatpants, ones he had left at my old house years ago. I had taken them with me and kept them tucked away until winter every year.

“Oh, um! Right… here, take these. They’re yours anyway,” I said hastily as I thrust them into his hands and turned back to the closet. My own cheeks were now a fierce bright red, one that probably matched my hair. Garrett muttered a thanks before I heard him shuffle out of the room, presumably back to the bathroom to put the said sweatpants on. I finished folding all of my other jeans and reorganized all of my shirts, most of which were band shirts. It was a nasty little habit of mine to buy a band shirt, even if I didn’t listen to that band. Cool shirts caught my eye so I would buy them. At least I went home and listened to the band. If I liked them a lot, I’d buy or download all of their music. If not, I’d probably buy a few songs. There was no point in representing a band if I didn’t even know who they are or what they sounded like.

Garrett walked back in as I grabbed some clothes to go shower myself. Lucky me, I didn’t have a hangover like most of the others probably did. For once, I was Garrett had been overprotective and watchful of me. He reached up a hand to touch the lump on my head. It was barely noticeable anymore because it had shrunk some last night before I went to sleep.

“The lump is barely noticeable. Is it still tender?”

I nodded, trying not to hit him for even touching the sore spot. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to him. I hugged him back, glad to be back in his all too familiar arms. This was definitely something that I could get used to.

“Go shower, I’m gonna head downstairs and make everyone still here hangover pancakes.”
Doing as I was told, just like a good child should, I went into the bathroom and take my nice warm shower. Not gonna lie, it felt nice to just stand there under the water without having to worry about somebody banging on the door to remind me that I wasn’t the one paying the bills. Because now I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this chapter is absolute crap. The weather changing where I live is completely fucking with me and it's making me sick. I've started school, which means any updates will probably be on weekends and holidays. It's only been three days and I'm already swamped with homework, but I will be writing. I just don't know exactly when it will get posted.