When in doubt, get drunk.

Jack Daniels.

“Stiles man, there are a billion other girls out there who would be lucky to have you.” I said to one of my two best friends. He just sulked more.
“Ugh, look with Scott off with Derek doing his stupid werewolf business, I have taken it upon myself to help you out. I know Lydia broke your heart, and I’m sorry, but like you always say…” I pulled a bottle of Jack Daniels out of my jacket.
“Getting drunk is always the answer.” I waved the bottle in front of his face, and smiled. He cracked a little bit of a smile at that, but soon enough was pretty much sulking again. I rolled my eyes and pulled him deeper into the forest until we were higher up on the mountain instead of amongst the trees. He plopped himself down against a rock. I sat down in front of him and cracked open the bottle.
“I know you want the first sip.” I smirked. He took it from my hands and drank a little before passing it to me.
“Hey” I slapped his chest lightly.
“If you’ve liked this girl since 3rd grade, and she just acknowledged your existence now…you weren’t bound to get anywhere anyway.” He shrugged.
“I just, built up this thing in my head, ya know? Like that she really liked me.” I personally didn’t like Lydia to begin with, and I didn’t see what Stiles saw in her at all. Whether it be the fact that all she does is put me down, and Scott up until recently too, or that she is just a natural grown bitch, I just don’t get it. As the bottle emptied, we loosened up.
“So then, there was t-this guy and he told me to jump, and I was like I’m not jumping off a cliff, are you crazy?” he started laughing hysterically, to the point that we were both rolling on the floor. There was a large gust of wind and I pulled my small leather jacket tighter around me. Stiles noticed and motioned for me to come closer to him, almost as if he was gesturing for a hug. I gladly leaned back into him and we relaxed. It’s not like we’d never (I guess you could call it) snuggled before. We’d been best friends since the 1st grade for god sakes. The wind picked up, and it generally seemed scarier out on the mountain than cold. We’d both known it was a full moon tonight, but were stupid enough to walk all the way out here anyway.
“We, we better get going” Stiles said. I leaned away from him. He got up and lifted me up. We closed up the bottle, and stumbled our way back to the bottom of the mountain where Stiles house was. We were laughing quite loudly the whole way there. When my hair was blowing wildly in my face, I stopped aggravatingly. I turned in the direction the wind was blowing in so I could pull my hair back into a ponytail.
“Veronica?” I heard. I turned to Stiles.
“Sorry” I’d seen he hadn’t noticed I’d stopped and he was a few meters away. I walked towards him when suddenly we heard snaps of twigs, and felt the presence of others. I quickly grabbed the hand he’d held out to me. We looked around disoriented. This was not what should be happening to two pretty buzzed teenagers.
“Scott?” I yelled.
“Derek?” Stiles followed with.
“This isn’t funny!” He yelled again as we heard the footsteps getting closer. We heard growling and I felt tears well up in my eyes as I could see the resemblance of a large wolf in the distance. I covered my mouth, and buried my face in Stiles’ shoulder.
“It’s ok” he whispered. We knew moving wouldn’t be any use because whatever it was, it would catch up anyway.
“We need a plan” I whispered into his neck. He just nodded. I watched the clouds of his breathe float away as he tried to steady his breathing. The werewolf as we could tell it was now moved closer and closer. Stiles braced us both by wrapping an arm around me. We both squeezed our eyes shut. I heard heavy movement, and excessive growling. I opened my eyes and turned around to find who I was pretty sure was Derek attacking the much larger werewolf. Stiles and I took this time to completely book it back to his house. Once we were inside, he locked the door and leaned against it. We both stood there listening to only the sound of our heavy breaths leaving us.
“That was close.” He said.
“That was Derek right? Do we like thank him?” he shrugged checking all the windows and doors, making sure they were locked. Once he did that he went upstairs and I followed.
“Can I stay over?” I asked.
“I-I don’t want to go home by myself.” I said looking around insecurely.
“Yeah no problem” he said. He kicked his off, and turned the lights on. I took my shoes and jacket off, the half empty bottle of Jack Daniels falling out.
“We never finished this?” I said quietly. He grabbed it from my hand and chugged a lot of it. “God, I needed that, after…well that” he pointed out his window. He disappeared into his bathroom, and I got cozy on his bed. Once again, it wasn’t like we’d never slept over at each other’s houses before. Besides, my parents always thought he was way too much of a dork for me to ever want to get involved with. He walked back out clad in pajamas. He rubbed his head lazily. He fell back onto the bed turning the TV on, and the light off. I sat up cross-legged closer to him.
“So, do you know who that was?” I asked.
“Derek”
“No I mean the other one, the one that was going to….kill us.” He saw the fear in my eyes.
“I don’t know…the alpha maybe?” he guessed.
“Probably.” It was quiet for a while, only the faint sound of the sitcom on the TV in the background. I grabbed the bottle, and took a large swig of it. He sat up like I was in front of me. I drank some more, tilting my head back a bit, as the liquid was further down. I stopped drinking and put my head back to its normal spot. I felt a small drop of the liquid that had simply missed my mouth roll down the side of my face, but before I could reach to wipe it away, Stiles already had. I blinked a few times as he held his hand there. He didn’t make any movements, just studied my face. He leaned in closer to me, reaching behind my head to pull out the messy pony tail I had made because of the crazy wind outside. Without any words at all he kissed me. I wasn’t sure if it was the fact that Lydia had hurt him, or the fact that he wasn’t completely sober, or the near death experience we just shared together that made him do it, but I didn’t exactly reject. In all honestly, I’d never had a crush on either one of my best friends, but I had wondered what it would be like to kiss them, or be in a relationship. I thought it would always remain a fantasy, but here I was in an empty Stilinski home, on Stiles’ bed kissing him. He tasted like Jack Daniel’s and his minty toothpaste he had probably just brushed his teeth with. I could smell him so much better now that he was closer. The cheap cologne he had mixed with nature, and sweat. It was intoxicating. I wrapped my arms lightly around his neck, and he pulled me closer so that one of my crossed knees was on top of his. I pulled my hands away, and instead grabbed his face. He pulled away in need of oxygen I suppose. He swallowed hard before looking at me. I just laughed, this made him feel as if he didn’t do anything wrong and laughed as well.
“I-I don’t really know why I did that.” He said. I nodded
“I know” I grabbed his face again and pulled him in for another kiss. I knew this thing wouldn’t lead to anything; it was just the start of being drunken-friends with benefits…if it even went that far. Mid kiss there was a clanging near the window and suddenly Scott was in the room as well.
“Oh hey, I guess I’ll just leave and uh…leave you too.”
“No wait!” I said getting up. As I did Derek made his way into the room as well. I hugged Derek
“Thank you! You saved our lives” I breathed out. He stood there awkwardly, and I let go.
“No problem” he turned to Stiles.
“What were you thinking…bringing her out there? On the night of the full moon” he said getting angry.
“I uh...”
“It was my fault, I did it” I confessed. He turned to me surprised.
“Whatever don’t do it again. Like you said, you could have died, if it wasn’t for me and Scott here.” Scott nodded in my direction, and I jumped into Scott’s arms as well. As we let go, I saw Derek put his hand in Stiles’ face.
“What you don’t want a hug from me?” he asked sarcastically. I shoved Stiles.
“Anyway, I’m out of here” Derek said. He nodded in everyone’s direction and escaped out the window. Scott just smirked at us.
“What?” I said. He waited a few more seconds.
“Don’t think I didn’t see that…that…thing. Whatever is going on between you two that led to a kiss.” I blushed and bit my lip. Stiles stood up and threw his arm over my shoulders.
“Look Scott,” Scott through his arms up.
“No, no need for excuses, I’ll just leave you two alone again” He was half way out the window
“Goodnight” he said in a sing song voice. I threw a pillow at him, but he got the window shut in time. I laid down, as did Stiles.
“So…” he said.
“So”
“So what uh, is this?” I shrugged.
“Let’s just wing it.” He smirked, shut the TV off and wrapped and arm halfway around me. We fell asleep unsure of what tomorrow held, really only knowing that we enjoyed kissing each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
so is it sucky? I just really love Stiles and needed to do this so....