Gone

Chapter Four

"Erika, come to bed please." Erika? That's my mother. Well, he's drunk. That makes me feel a little better.

I play along. "I thnk I'm going to sleep on the couch tonight."I said hoping he agrees.

"You sure baby? I swear I won't hurt you again. Cmon darling." Bullshit he wouldn't do it again. Yeah right. He just wanted to get into my- i mean mom's pants.

"I'm sure." I reply as i remove his hands from me. I start to walk down the stairs. For awhile i can feel his eyes burning into the back of my neck. Slowly, his steps lead into the master bedroom.

I go to the downstairs bathroom to see if theres anymore blood. I wash off what's left. When I leave I go up to his room. The tv is on. He's watch 'Sopranos' re-runs. No movement. Thank God he's sleeping.

At the end of the hall is my room. He made sure I was on the second for this time so i could run away without being noticed.My door locks from the outside so i can't hide anything. If I jumped from this height I'd break something, but wouldn't die. So I would be stuck. Trapped. Till some one found me the next mourning.

I lied in bed. Suddenly, all the sadness washed over me like a huge wave. I felt it rush through my body. The tears came back. As i fell asleep I felt the warm salty chemicals drip down my face and soak into my pillow.