Status: Total of 22 chapters. Completed.

A Reckless and Relentless Prank

Chapter 16: No, She Didn't! Did She? She Did.

James' POV

Just after we had decided to tell the guys and girls that we had played a joke on them, my parents, as well as Katelyn's parents burst through the door. I looked at Katelyn, feeling completely worthless. I was going to be in so much trouble with Katelyn's parents. I didn't even do anything. And, my parents were going to hate Katelyn. And, I couldn't let that happen. Until now, I couldn't admit that I loved Katelyn, more than a friend. But, now that this harmless prank is going to tear us apart, I had to do what I had to do to keep us together. I know those harmless kisses we shared last night, meant something more to her than just a prank. And, I know they meant more to me.
“Mom, Dad, Mr, and Mrs. Thompson? What are you doing here?” I asked like I had no idea.
Katelyn's dad stared me down, and I knew I shouldn't say another word. My dad spoke after me, answering my question.
“We got a call from Cameron and Courtney saying that you had sex?” My mum buried her head into my dad's chest, and sobbed.
I felt heartbroken.
Katelyn's mum spoke after.
“Please, Katelyn, tell me it's not true?”
Katelyn's mum sobbed openly. Her dad continued to stare me down. At this moment I felt like I was two feet tall. I looked at Katelyn, who had already got up and walked to her parents. I got up and stood beside her. I didn't quite expect what Katelyn replied with.