Oh The Places You'll Go

Modesto, California

"Mom, I don't think I should go. What if I'm needed somewhere?" I asked my mom, getting into the car hesitantly. I put my backpack in the middle seat. It was holding everything I ever needed for a journey.

"It's for family." Mom stated, getting in the car as well. She started it up as I sighed and started driving to my grandmothers house.

"I know, but..." I muttered, not continuing with my sentence. Mom glanced at me then back at the road as we drove. I couldn't even have Nikki out because my family didn't know about this. Only select people knew.

And even if I did try to tell them, they wouldn't believe me. Everyone thought that Pokémon was just a show that aired on TV a few years back. But it was so much more. Very few people actually did have Pokémon. I had only met one other person.

There were people though that did believe that they existed, and to try and help prove themselves, they caused a lot of damage. And that's always where I came in. To save the people that were in trouble, and then of course take the trouble-makers into Pokémon headquarters, where people would erase any memory of it.

That's why only a few of my family members and friends knew. I didn't wanna risk putting them in trouble either.

"Lyra! We're here!" Mom shouted. I jumped and looked at her. We had probably been here for a while, but I had been spacing out.

"Great." I muttered, putting my backpack on my shoulder. I always just told everyone that I carried stuff like a wallet and other stuff a normal person would carry in a backpack or purse.

I got out of the car, and shut the door then walked up to the house. Most of my family was already here, including my aunt and uncle whom we hardly ever see.

"Lyra! Sandy!" My grandma walked over to us, and hugged my mom then me. I smiled and hugged her back.

"Hi grandma." I pulled back from the hug and waved to the rest of the family. I always felt so awkward around my family. They didn't understand me.

I sat down between one of my aunts and one of my cousins who was about four probably. I had a nine cousins, but seven of them were younger than me. And they were always so energetic.

"What's in the backpack?" Alyssa asked, pointing to it. She was my oldest cousin, her age being 21. She wasn't always enjoyable to be around.

"Just... Stuff." I asked, hugging it to myself. If they saw the stuff, they would think I was crazy. A lot of people would.

"Like what?" Rosie grinned. She was the four year old I was sitting beside.

"Just stuff like a water bottle and sunglasses." I smiled down at her. Well, it was true. I did have that stuff in there. I also had a change of clothes in there for the times I had to go away for a while. I just alternated between outfits usually.

"Oh." She nodded, getting down from her chair. She ran over to the other girls to play with the bubbles grandma had gotten out for them. I watched them for a bit as my one aunts started talking.

"Maybe we can take them to the park to wear them out a bit." She suggested. "We just need a few people to come." She said, to which everyone agreed with. It was hard to watch seven little kids by yourself when their ages ranged from eleven to two.

"I'll come." I said, standing up. They were younger, I wanted to protect them.

"I'll come too, since most of them are my kids." My other aunt, Tara said then called over her kids. "Sally, Megan, Penny, and Rosie! Come over here!" She called. Her girls ran over to her.

"Yeah, let's go girls." Vince, my uncle said. "Alice, Mary and Hannah." He walked over to the other girls, picking up Hannah. Hannah was his, the other two were his girlfriends kids, but he treated them like his own.

So we had four adults basically, and seven kids. This would be easy. As long as nothing came to spoil it.

"Let's go!" Rosie grabbed my hand, and led me out of the backyard and to the driveway. I held her back so we could wait for everyone else.

Everyone that was coming filed out of the backyard, one by one.

And we started on our walk to the park. Which only took about five minutes since it was just down the street.

"I wanna play on the swings." Sally said, running ahead of us. She was ten, but not very mature for her age. "Come on Alice!" She called to the eleven year old, who ran with her.

Megan chased them, trying to catch up. She was eight, I think. "Wait for me!" She complained.

I watched the girls as they all walked to the park. Vince was behind everyone, carrying Hannah and talking with Tara. Aunt Jessa was walking beside me holding Mary's hand. And I was holding Rosie's hand.

I was lost in thought. What if something did happen? I couldn't let them get hurt, but I didn't wanna bring them into all of this. It was so... Dramatic. Something I hate. With a passion.

"Let's go!" Rosie grinned, running up to the park. A few of the other girls were already playing on the playground. The rest of the crew ran to join them, including their parents.

I just sat on the swing, watching them all. I was envious. The most they had to worry about was tripping and getting a scrapped knee or elbow. Or going down the slide backwards by accident. And I constantly had to worry about keeping everything a second but keeping everyone safe at the same time. And it was hard.

It was even harder though when there were complete strangers around. Like that guy walking his dog. And that guy in the trench coat, looking suspicious. Extremely suspicious.

I watched him as he walked near the playground, eying my little cousins up. And something just didn't set right with that.

"Hey!" I shouted, getting up from the swing. Vince and Jessa looked over at me, watching me storm over to the guy, who looked over at me. His eyes were cold, and his smile was sending chills up my spine.

"Hi there. Is this your family?" He asked, his tone was horrific. You could tell he wasn't sane.

"Yeah, and you're not getting near them." I glared, moving my backpack to just one arm. I dug into it, still watching him.

"Oh?" He asked, his eyes locked with mine.

"Yeah." I smirked a little, grabbing six little pokéballs. I moved them behind my back. "I'm positive." I said, throwing the balls.

Six pokémon erupted from the balls, which flew back to my hands. I put them back in my bag. "Nikki, use thundershock! Samantha use psychic!" I shouted and ran behind them to my family.

"Uncle Vince, take Hannah and Tom will take you back. As soon as you guys get there, go inside." I said, whistling for Tom. He flew down and landed gracefully. Vince jumped up, then accepted Hannah from Jessa. "Tom, go!" I said. He nodded and flew back to my grandma's.

"Blazer!" I called. He darted over quickly to my family. "Sally and Alice, come over here." I said. They walked closer to me. "Blazer, can you hold them hold in your arms?" I asked. He nodded and picked them up easily. I bit my lip.

"Nikki, Samantha! Keep going, you're doing great!" I looked over at them. They were amazing.

"What's going on?" Jessa demanded.

"Right, aunt Jessa, climb onto Blazer, and hold him tight." I said, helping her on him. She wrapped her arms around his neck. "Okay, now Penny," I picked her up, and placed her between Jessa and Blazer. "Hold on as well." I said. "Now go!" I pointed. Blazer roared and ran off.

"Aunt Tara, Megan and Rosie, come here." I waved them over to Melissa. "Let's go." I said, helping Tara onto Melissa's back then handed her Rosie then Megan. "Mel, follow Blazer." I smiled. She nodded and ran off. I sighed. Only Mary was left with me.

"Great job Samantha. Awesome Nikki." I smiled, recalling them. The guy glared at me, struggling to pick himself off the ground. I glared. "Mary, come here." I said. She walked over to me, slowly. I bit my lip. Okay...

"Sapphire! Use ice beam, and curve it into that house." I said. Sapphire growled loudly and did as I said. I nodded. "Just throw me onto it, so I slide." I said. She nodded and picked me up after I grabbed Mary.

"I'm scared." She said, looking up at me. I smiled.

"Relax. You're going to be fine." I said. "Go Sapphire!" I shouted.

She tossed us, and hit us with a water gun to help shoot us along. I recalled her as well as I slid on my butt, holding Mary on my lap.

As soon as the ice path stopped, I jumped up, still holding Mary. "Ugh!" I groaned as I almost fell. She was heavy!

I ran up to the house, and into the backyard, where Vince was waiting. "Take her inside, and no matter what, do NOT let me in!" I said, shoving him to the door. I could see everyone inside, watching. Mom looked scared.

I looked over to see Tom, Melissa, and Blazer. I recalled Blazer and Melissa. "Thanks guys."

I heard panting behind me, causing me to whip around. "You just led me straight to you." The trench coat guy smirked. I shook my head and backed up.

"Stay away." I warned, looking past him. "Blazer no!" I shouted, even though I had recalled him. The guy spun around in horror, thinking he was about to be harmed. "Tom now!" I shouted as Tom flew over him, and grabbed him in his claws. He had no way to escape.

"Let's get him outta here." I said, climbing onto his back. "You did great buddy." I kissed his feathers and stroked them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was totally unsure about writing this, but I'm glad I did. ^__^ How did you guys like it? Let me know in the comments!

It took a while to write cause I needed to take breaks to refocus x__x

If you wanna suggest a city or an idea for me, that would be awesome. Of course, you would get credit. :3

Thanks guys! ^__^

-Ashley Dawn