Oh The Places You'll Go

Sanford, Florida

Although we tried to prevent it, it was officially impossible to hide our secret. Everyone knew that pokémon were real now. I guess it was mainly because of the people that passed by and saw them, cause it's not like we could chase every person down to erase their memories.

Now it was hard to travel anywhere without people asking to see my pokémon. And it was harder to catch the enemies cause they usually could call me out and they'd get away while people flocked me.

A lot of the time I would flee the scene and try to catch up, but it was usually too late.

Like now, I was trying to make my way into the bank where two men were holding people hostage. But it was impossible basically since the pedestrians surrounded me, wanting pictures and such.

"Listen, people might die if I don't get in there!" I finally shouted, pushing my way through everyone. People kept grabbing onto my wet clothes anyways.

I can't even just have Samantha use teleport or anything, cause I don't want them to feel startled.

I managed to make my way up to the doors. I bit my lip and sent out Nikki. Usually people, even if they were bad, still liked seeing them.

I knocked on the glass to see the two men turn around and look at me. They saw Nikki then started talking. I bit my lip as one walked over and opened the door. I walked in, recalling Nikki to protect her.

"What do you want?" He glowered at me. I looked over at the people, cowering in the back.

"I'm helping these people, I don't care what you say." I said bluntly. He looked over at his partner, laughing together. I rolled my eyes.

"If you try anything funny, one less person will be leavin' this bank." He smirked, grabbing my arm. He pulled my with him to the rest of the people, and shoved me down.

I knelt in front of a little boy and his mother. The two men talked amongst themselves, glancing over to make sure none of us tried to make a run for it.

"Mommy, I'm scared." I could hear the little boy say. I looked over a little bit.

"It's okay sweetie, God's watching over us. He won't let anything happen." The mom promised, rubbing his back. He was crying.

I turned around a bit more. "Hey sweetie, you're gonna be okay." I said sweetly. "I promise I won't let anything happen to you." I smiled. He looked at me.

"You're the lady with the pokémon, right?" He asked. I nodded. "Are they gonna help save us?" He asked. I bit my lip.

"Yeah, they are." I smiled. "I just need to think of an idea." I said. He nodded, and sat quietly.

I had to think this through. These peoples lives were in danger. I needed to do something, and soon. I couldn't just teleport everyone away, cause everyone had to be standing, and in a tight group otherwise it wouldn't work. And that was a little risky. But then again, so was everything else.

"Is there a room back there somewhere?" I whispered the one of the bank tellers. She nodded.

"The break room." She said. I nodded back, and looked at the men.

"Okay guys, I'm going to distract them, and one by one, I'm going to need you all to sneak back into the room." I said. "Kids first, then moms, the elderly, then everyone else." I whispered. They all nodded in agreement.

I looked over at the guys, and slowly stood up. One of the men quickly pulled his gun out. "Don't move!" He said. I quickly put my hands up.

"Actually, I'm not going to hurt you. It's just that, well, you let me in cause you saw I had pokémon. So obviously you like them... Would you like to see Nikki, my Raichu up close?" I asked. They paused then talked quietly then nodded.

"Yes, um, we would." The other man said, nodding us over. I walked over to them and turned around so they could see I was only pulling out the pokéball.

"Say hi to the men, Nikki." I said, pressing the button. She appeared, and looked at them and growled. "No, we're not gonna hurt them." I said. She looked at me, tilting her head in confusion.

"Can we pet her?" One of the men asked, excitement in his voice. I nodded.

"Mhm, you can pet her." I said, walking to the other side. They followed so their backs were to everyone. I looked over and nodded to them as the men petted Nikki.

"Rai." She purred happily, her ears twitching slightly. I smiled and watched as everyone filed quietly into the backroom, one by one.

"Do you wanna see Samantha too? She's really pretty." I said. They looked at each other than nodded. I recalled Nikki, then sent out Sam.

"Whoa, she's like, gorgeous." One of the men said. I smiled.

"And wanna see something really cool that she can do?" I asked. They both nodded. "Okay, I just gotta move here a little." I scooted closer. "Samantha! Teleport now!" I said quickly. She glowed for a split second, and teleported us to the backroom where everyone was waiting.

"Hey!" I could hear the guys shout.

"Check everywhere!" One said, followed by footsteps.

"Everybody huddle really close. As close are you can." I instructed. Everyone did as I said. "Samantha, teleport again!" I said. Everyone glowed and we all teleported outside the bank, safe and sound.

"Hey! It's the hostages!"

"They're safe!"

"And there's a pokémon!" People started shouting, coming closer. I recalled Sam and ran over to the officers.

"Everyone's safe, I trust you guys can finish off the robbers?" I said. He nodded.

"Thanks so much Lyra. You've been a great help." He smiled. I giggled.

"Not a problem. If you guys ever have a major problem, let me know." I handed them one of my business cards. He accepted it and put it in his pocket.

"Thank you." He said. I nodded and pulled out one of my pokéballs.

I threw it and watched as Tom appeared. People started screaming in excitement. I giggled and got on him. "Let's go home buddy." I said. He cooed and took off.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY FOR ASHLEY UPDATING ALL HER STORIES TONIGHT. ^__^
Seriously, I updated every single one that's still going. xD Yay me!

Thanks for all the positive feedback on this story guys! <3 <3
Comment with your favorite pokemon! Mine is probably Raichu or Pidgeot. o__o So graceful. Those two are usually always on my team. ^__^

-Ashley Dawn