Status: New M. Shadows Story!!!

When I Look At You

/Chapter 6\

I pushed the door open roughly, hearing it slam against the wall as I saw Jack sitting at my desk.

I openly glared at him as I walked over and pushed him off my desk.

"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Lots of hostility. What's got your panties in a wad?" Jack asked with a grin as he sat at the chair in front of my desk.

I narrowed my eyes at him, not wanting to admit that I was pissed that he interrupted things between me and Matt and the fact that I didn't have his number and he didn't have mine.

I was even more pissed that I already liked him a lot.

Damn it.

"Besides the fact that I'm working on my day off?" I asked him sarcastically.

He chuckled and dropped a file on my desk.

"Thought you'd want to handle this one. Brandon Mars. Wanted for three counts of spousal abuse, assault and battery, assault with a deadly weapon. 15,000 dollar bail." Jack said.

I flipped the file open and read his report.

So this guy likes to hit women.

His former female co-worker.

An ex-girlfriend.

And his wife of twelve years.

And in front of their three children no less.

My fingers tightened on the case file and I heard the paper crinkle between my fingers.

If there's anything that gets underway my skin, it's women beaters.

I have a zero tolerance for it.

He does it once, he'll do it again.

And when I see cases like this, where men beat their wives senseless and sometimes right in front of their own children, I snap.

I threw the file down and stood up.

"I'll be back later." I said, moving around my desk and over to the supplies desk.

I grabbed a walkie and clipped it to my jeans and a can of mace.

I still think it's stupid that Jack won't let me carry a gun.

It's not like I'm gonna shoot anybody.

Well….

Okay, I guess he does have good reason.

I went back to my desk and slid my knife into my back pocket and clipped my cuffs to my back belt loop.

Jack grabbed my arm as I tried to walk around him.

"What the hell." I growled, ripping my arm out of his hold.

"He's a huge guy Mia." He said.

"And? I can take care of myself." I said firmly.

"I know that. But this guy is known for resisting arrest. I'm not letting you go alone. We ride together." He said, grabbing a mace can of his own and walking towards the door.

My mouth was open as I watched him walking away.

"Are you serious?" I asked angrily.

"Dead serious. Now let's go." He said, opening the door.

"I thought you were just supposed to order people around and look pretty." I laughed.

He pushed me out the door and I laughed as I climbed into the company provided truck.

We made our way to one of his favorite spots a pub about two blocks from his house.

Great.

I'm stuck in a car with my boss that I've screwed on ocassion.

Can't see this day's getting any better.

"I lost you at the club last night." He said.

"I could've been parading around naked and you wouldn't have noticed. You were to busy with your face in that bleach blondes tits." I said, looking out the window for Brandon's car in the lot.

Black four door Sedan.

Thats it.

Now the boring part.

Waiting.

I heard Jack chuckle.

"Are you jealous Mia?" He asked cockily.

"Not in the least." I scuffed.

"So where did you end up going last night?" Jack asked.

I looked over at him.

"Why are you so interested?" I said.

"You interest me." He said with a shrug.

"If you must know, I went home." I said.

"That doesn't sound like fun. You should've come home with me." Jack said, leaning closer.

I turned my face away from his.

If only he knew just how much fun I had with Matt last night.

He'd probably blow a gasket knowing he was the farthest from my mind anytime Matt's lips came in contact with my skin.

I smirked.

"Now that is an idea that doesn't sound very entertaining. Plus, I had company." I said, rolling down my window.

Jack was silent for a minute.

"What kind of company?" He asked timidly.

I looked over at him and raised my eyebrow.

His eyes widened and I smirked.

"Hmm. Male company. I don't believe you. I think your are just saying that because you wish you could've been with me last night." Jack said.

I started to laugh.

I couldn't help it.

"That is funny. And I'm not lying." I said.

"He's not better than me. We both know that." Jack said, running his finger down my thigh.

I grabbed his hand and threw it back in his lap.

"Trust me, last night, was the best sex I've had in years." I said with a dreamy smile, remembering Matt's body plastered against mine.

Jack looked dumbfounded and I looked back to the pub.

Bingo.

"There's our guy." I said, jumping out of the car.

It took Jack a little longer than usual, but he was standing next to me soon enough.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Always." I answered.

We both moved forward, making our way closer to Brandon.

Man, he is a big guy.

"Brandon Mars! Hands up!" We yelled.