Status: We be working on it

Save You From Him

Chapter 8

I'm at Jay's house celebrating Carlos, Jay's little brother's, birthday. It's me, Chase, Frankie, Jay, Carlos (of course), Maria, Jay's twelve year old sister, and her two friends. Carlos just wanted a calm birthday for today but tomorrow he's going to have a big party at his grandparents backyard with all of their family. Mexican parties are always fun, festive and full of so much love. I've been to a few with Jay and his family. It was great. They treated me as if I was apart of the family.

We're in Jay's backyard sitting on lawn chairs. Maria and her friends are sitting on the grass further away, playing with dolls. Jay made hot dogs and hamburgers that Chase mostly swallowed. His stomach is like a black hole I swear. This is really fun. It's taking my mind away from my throat, which hurts like a bitch.

Frankie and Carlos are getting alone great. Really great. Jay is pretending that Frank and Carlos aren't flirting. It's so cute and funny.

The only bad thing is that Chase keeps glancing at my neck. I tried my best to cover it up but I ran out of make-up. It's had me on edge, especially since the lawn chair Chase is sitting on is right next to mine. The arm rest touching.

Chase suddenly leans over to me so his mouth is close to my ear. "Hey sugar," he whispers. I blush as always. He puts one of his hands on top of mine. "I'm really glad I met you." I look at him quickly to see him smiling sincerely. I just stare into his eyes as my heart swells. Now I know how the grinch felt when his heart grew three sizes that one day.

This is what I needed. I've been feeling a little down, scared and alone. But, however random Chase's comment was I couldn't help but instantly feel better.

"I'm glad I met you too," I whisper. We just look at each other with goofy smiles on our faces. These are the times I cherish.

"Okay!" Jay shouts, making me and Chase look away from each other. "Now we are going to do one of Carlos's favorite things to do at a party. "Get your asses up!" We all get up and start walking to the big ass tree that's located in their backyard.

When we get to the tree Jay reveals a piñata. "A fucking piñata!" Carlos and Frankie yell at the same time. They look at each other and then look at the ground where the piñata stick. They look at each other again before both diving to get the stick first. Carlos gets it first and stands up quickly. But Frankie grabs a bat nearby him and stand up too. They stare at each other for a moment before they start fighting each other with the wooden objects making lightsaber noises.

We all watch in amusement. They back away from each other after a while and look at each other intently. "You have been trained well, young Garcia," Frankie says, trying to make his voice really deep.

"Yes Darth Frankie," Carlos says. "Jay and Terry have taught me quite a lot. But enough talking! You must pay!"

"Pay for what?" Frankie ask. I'm just smiling because laughing makes my throat hurt. Jay is clutching his stomach laughing hard and Chase is doing the same.

"Like you don't know! "Carlos scoffs. "For killing my daddy of course!"

"But young Garcia," Frankie begins, pausing for dramatic effect. "I am your daddy." It's silent for a moment before Carlos squeals and drops his stick. He begins to run to Frankie and wraps his arms around Frankies neck. Frankie wraps his arms around Carlos's waist and lifts him up, spinning him around.

"Oh daddy!" Carlos cries. "You're alive." Chase is full blown laughing like Jay is. They have tears in their eyes and everything. I'm holding in my laugh and just grin.

Frankie puts Carlos down and they smile softly at each other. They are completely perfect for each other. I feel an arm snake it's way around my waist. I look to see Chase grinning like a mad man. "They look perfect together, don't they?" Chase whispers.I nod, watching Frankie and Carlos talking to each other animatedly. Jay is busy spinning Maria and her friends around. "Hey Terry?" I hum to tell him that I'm listening. "Well I-I was wondering. . ." he trails off. He also stuttered. Something Chase doesn't do.

"You was wondering what?" I ask encouraging him to continue.

"I wanted to hang out again. Just you and me." He sounds so nervous. It's cute. "I know that tomorrow Carlos and Jay are going to the bigger party tomorrow and I know your not going. So I was thinkig we could hang out until Carlos and Jay get home since your staying here fore a few days. I mean last time was fun." He stops talking and starts holding his breath, anticipating my answer.

Would going out with him be wise? I mean last time we did have a lot of fun. Plus I'm not going to the other party tomorrow because I don't want to answer Jay's grandfather's questions. Jay's grandfather is very observent and can spot just about anything. He is very smart. Plus I don't have to worry about Kyle because I'm staying here for a few days. But what really has my brain screaming 'say yes' is that I love spending time with him.

"Yes," I whisper, not speaking to loud because my voice sounds hoarse when I speak louder. I pull away from him and stand in front of him. He's grinning like a mad man still and I know that's what my smile looks like.

I feel small hands lace their fingers with mine. I look down to see Maria. I hold in a groan. She has it in her head that we're going to get married someday.

"Look girls," Maria shouts to her friends. They look at us and begin to giggle. "This is my boyfriend, Terry." Carlos, Chase, Frankie and Jay all start howling with laughter. I feel my cheeks heat up in embarrasment but can't help but smile at her craziness.

"He's so cute!" The little chubby girl squeals. She's so cute! You just want to pinch her cheeks.

"I know," Maria sighs, looking up at me. "Our babies are going to look even cuter." I choke on my spit when I hear this. Our whats?! I glare at Jay, Carlos and Frankie who are still laughing at me. I look at Chase to see that he's pouting.

So cute.

Chase put his arms around my waist and pull me to him. Maria's fingers are still laced with mine though. Maria is glaring at Chase. If this wasn't me in the middle it would be hystrical.

"No!" Chase protest. "He's going to have my adopted babies!" Then he sticks his tongue out at Maria. They start to argue but I tune them out. My face is as red as an apple.

Have his adopted babies? He can't be serious. Can he? No he's not serious. He's just playing with Maria.

I'm taken from my thoughts when I feel someone jerk on my arm and begin dragging me into Jay's house.

It's Jay dragging me. I'm confused. Why is he bringing me into his house? What happened? But I don't talk until he brings me into his kitchen.

He let's go of my arm once we reached the kitchen. "Whats wrong Jay Jay?" I ask confused. He points at my neck, making me freeze. I hadn't told Jay that Kyle choked me. I just told him that I needed to get away from the house for a while.

Jay turns his back to me and grips the counter tightly. "What happened?" Jay asked his voice strained.

"I got back late from hanging out with Chase. . ." I begin and then I tell him everything that happened yesterday. When I'm done Jay is silent for a long time. After five more minutes of waiting for him to turn around and lecture me I walk over to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

I turn him around and see silent tears pouring down his face. I'm shocked. Jay isn't one to cry. But when he does cry on those very rare times you wouldn't be able to tell. Jay never makes a sound when he cries. I always thought that silent crying is more emotional.

But enough of that. I want to do what Jay always does or me. I wrap my arms around his waist and hug him. I bury my face in his chest and sigh when he wraps his arms around.

"Shh Jay," I murmur. "Everything's going to be alright."

"Don't say shit like that to me Terry!" Jay cries out. "We both know that that is a huge lie. He almost killed you this time Terry. I'm so scared. I feel so helpless. My best friend could die at the hands of his own brother and I'm not doing shit to stop it."

"Jay. I know that this sucks. But it's not your fault. I keep asking you to keep quiet, making you feel guilty because I keep saying he's the only family I have left. Which is true. Your doing good Jay."

"Stop saying that Terry. Your not making this better. I don't want to lose you. Forget Kyle." But I can't. He's my family. He's my brother. I know that he beats me but I just can't leave him. You wouldn't be able to understand unless you were me.

"I can't Jay," I whisper. "I just can't."

Jay begins speaking the same words in spanish over and over again after I say that. "I'm sorry I can't rescue you. I'm so sorry."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I can't rescue you. I'm so sorry. - Sorry I can not rescue you. I'm sorry.

OMFG!!!!!! Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows part 2 the final chapter is finally out!!!!! Am I excited?! Yes I am!!! Harry Potter Nerd Alert!!!! I've been waiting for this since I saw Part 1!!! No scratch that!! Since I read the book!!! I read ALL seven of them. Yes Yes Yes Yes. As you can tell I'm super excited.

Well anyway you should check out this story Blood Stained Puppy Love . It's a really great story so far!!! Go read it subscribe and comment.

Thank you for commenting
fischerblog
and
sk8terchick!!!

Comment&Subscribe But Most Of All Enjoy

Your turn Sara!! Can't wait to read your part