Status: Not as active as I would like it to be. :[

Wall Flower

Image

They say opposites attract, and when putting a pair such as Loraine Jane Fontaine (who is utterly mortified at the sound of her name) meets Joseph Adam Jonas (who really has not thought about his name), the two are like magnets, whether or not Loraine likes it. The two met at Loraine's sister's wedding and, both fortunately and unfortunately for Loraine, were always bumping into each other thereafter.

They became instant friends, enjoying each other's company and unexpected friendship, but Loraine is torn: She of course has feelings for this boy, a boy who is unlike her in many ways, and all she wants to do is be friends with him. Joe wants that too, but when the demons of his past finally catch up with him, it seems there might not be enough room for Loraine.

In a tale of friendship, learning to trust God and the people he put in your life, and love, Loraine's and Joe's is a story worthy of one of Loraine's many poems.

(A/N: Just so you know, Joe Jonas is not part of the band The Jonas Brothers - there IS not Jonas Brothers. They're not celebs. Bye!)
  1. Any Kind of Canvas
    Normally she does not draw but his handsome profile was one that would look just right on any kind of canvas.
  2. The Dancing Dragons
    “Is that a challenge?” Joe asked, and he smiled coyly.
  3. Speaking Spanish
    “Mother,” I groaned. “Not the cumquat thing.”
  4. Little Dragon and Little Snake Child
    “Hey, don’t call me a lazy girl,” she said, popping her head up. “Now, can you bring me my food?”
  5. A Hope in You
    “Yeah, yeah,” she said with a wide grin and a bright blush staining her tan cheeks. “Don’t tease me, ‘cause I know you’re about to. Remember: you get that way with Joe.”
  6. Monday, the 17th of September
    “You don’t have to yell,” Joe said calmly, a blank expression staining his usually cheerful face. I could tell that this person was the same person from yesterday. The pain on Joe’s face gave it away.
  7. Open Arms
    I wanted it to stop for the sake of our friendship.
  8. Plans
    “Are you two done with your love fest?” I asked them.
  9. The Jonas Family
    That wink made my blood boil and I was becoming unreasonably angry at Kevin for figuring me out so quickly.
  10. One Person Short
    "I’m scared that I’m going to push him away without meaning to."
  11. An Angry Dragon and Mini Turtles
    However, I fear Joe may had been burned.
  12. Picnic
    I stared at Joe with wide eyes, quivering limbs, and a palpitating heart, and what I saw in his eyes scared me: A reflection of my fear.
  13. My Past, Told by Loraine
    . Ever since my childhood experience, I always wondered if any stranger children have suffered what I have. . . .
  14. My Past, Told by Joe
    But, when my freshman year ended, Kevin was very suspicious. . . . He wasn’t ignorant of my behavior.
  15. A Decent Back to Normalcy
    He finally lifted his eyes up to mine, grinned timidly, and said, “Now it’s my turn to ask this: Do you think differently of me now that I’ve told you my darkest secret? That I’m stained, too?”
  16. Fashion Sense
    Nick raised an eyebrow, not really looking as though he wanted to talk, and Joe said, "You think that highly of our fashion sense for girls?"
  17. Night Life
    “Who bought you that outfit, Loraine? That person knows style! And you looks perty in it!”
  18. Coffee Shop
    I felt my body sway slightly with the music; my fingers swam through the notes with ease, for all this was like dancing was for Cassandra, singing for the Jonas brothers, and breathing for me: all too natural.
  19. My New Job
    I made their drinks with a furrowed brow: how could I have let such an ugly emotion such as jealousy snake its way into my heart?
  20. Happy Birthday
    ‘Twas only my nineteenth birthday, and so there was therefore no need to have everyone bow down before me and offer temporary, twenty-four hour servitude. I need not be so offended that none of my friends nor family have texted me about my birthday.