Status: Completed

Psyche

12

Alexandria talks a lot, and Jamie talks a little more than he would with a stranger.

She’s a year older than him. She moved from Manhattan, Kansas, where she and her dad lived with her Grandma. Her grandma’s rad but kind of bitchy. Alexandria wants to start her own magazine called GlamRebel. It’ll have subjects like diverse music, empowerment among youth, races, and genders, ethnic beauties, DIY sections and a cat appreciation page. She wants to meet Courtney Love some day, and wants to go back in time so she can marry Joe Strummer and have ten kids with names starting with A through J.

“But not one of my kids will be named Alexander or Alexandra. ‘Cause 95% of my family has those names and other variations. True stuff.”

“Why?”

“My grandpa says we’re descented from Alexander the Great, but he’s a compulsive liar and hasn’t been the same since the War, so who knows. Pretty cool if it’s true, though.”

When she’s done with her goodnights, Jamie’s right eardrum is pulsing from her voice. He remembers he’s hungry when the smell of chicken goes under his door, and he decides it’s safe to come out. Girlie’s home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got lost in Kansas today trying to get to KU. It was horrible. Nothing but flat grass for miles . . . no cows . . .