Status: Completed

Psyche

13

Monroe is a little club-type place where, local or nonlocal, indie-pop/rock bands perform all-ages shows. When Jean and his band aren’t playing at festivals or (luckily) opening up for more well-known bands at other gigs, they perform at Monroe.

Artemis Phantom is a three-piece band. Jean sings lead and plays bass, Ellisha Shapira’s on guitar and vocals, and Lewis Boyd does drums.

Jean’s mother will tell anyone that bothers to listen that he came out of her womb singing instead of screaming, which was for the best since she had a migraine while giving birth and wanted to be put into a coma.

Singing is what Jean does best. It wasn’t supposed to be too serious in the beginning. But when he met the other boys in his church’s youth group, they melted together so well they decided they had to do it.

Jean wants to be a musician, have people listen to what he creates, and to be an inspiration. It’s such a cliché feeling, but any other reason will make him appear more big-headed than he is.

It’s become more of a lifeline and it’s probably why Jean did poorly in his sophomore year of school.

He knows better now. Junior year will be better. As long as he still gets to sing, everything’s cool.
♠ ♠ ♠
. . . Either I wasn't paying attention or something malfunctioned because chapter 12 posted twice.

Sorry about that :<