Status: Completed

Psyche

15

If Alexandria had a stockier built, shorter hair, and a Roman-like nose, she’d look exactly like her dad, Jamie muses.

He sits in the back seat of Mr. Dawson’s (his first name being Alexander, go figure. But he prefers being called by his last name) car. Alexandria sits shotgun, constantly turning around to talk to Jamie. Dawson doesn’t say much, but he does ask Jamie regular questions every once in awhile, and he has a pleasant attitude, so Jamie likes him okay.

Jamie has this mindset that all homes should be neat and organized like his, so to be in Alexandria’s small apartment with boxes still littered about, takes time to get used to. But at least it’s clean, doesn’t have roaches, and smells like freshly-washed laundry.

“Dude, we have the freakiest neighbors ever. I can make my own comedy act from telling stories about them,” Alexandria gushes. “Every other night I hear stuff from the other side of the wall in my room, and I think they’re having satanic, cult activities. Or very kinky sex.”

She takes him to her room which is three steps away from the front door. He finds a clear spot on her electric lime bed to sit, and pets the fat chinchilla resting beside him.

“That’s Celebrity. He acts like a diva,” she says, flipping through her CD case. She picks a Babes In Toyland album to play to cover up any silence.

“Research has shown,” she begins smartly, “that indie-listeners, such as you, don’t listen to a variety of music that isn’t indie or underground. I’m here to help broaden your horizon and cure you with some old-school 90’s alternative.”

Once the lesson is over they eat dinner: chicken nachos, root beer floats, and pink, star-shaped cookies Alexandria made.

Jamie wants to stay here forever.

She drags him back to her room, turns the radio down, and explains each crook in her room in detail. In the right hand corner is a small bookshelf and crates full of CDs, books, and movies. The bottom right has a neon pink beanbag, and a sidetable with incenses and a large jar filled with different candies in it. The left corner has Celebrity’s cage and items. The wall next to it is full of pictures.

“This is the wall of celebrities,” Alexandria says, pointing to glossy black and white photos of silent film stars. “This one’s Rod LaRocque. He’s my favorite, but Ramon Navarro is my all time crush.”

“I thought Joe Strummer was,” Jamie pipes.

“Him and Miley Cyrus but they’re not dead silent actors, hmm?”
♠ ♠ ♠
(If anyone ever spies any errors please let me know ♥)

:)=