Status: Completed

Psyche

18

Jean’s pretty good at ignoring what people say about him, or what they think of him. He’s learned not to care.

Kind of. For some things.

He can easily brush off what Alexandria told him and simply forget her and that boy. Why should it matter to him? He doesn’t even know Jamie. He only vaguely remembers him from his time in middle school, and even then Jean swore up and down that Jamie was a she, not a he.

But Jean can’t stop the guilt and the awfulness from making him feel terrible. He keeps reminding himself he’s not that kind of person. Most of the time at least. He’s usually nicer, he thinks.

He didn’t mean to consciously use Jamie to get to Alexandria. Jamie was just there and Jean took advantage of it.

(Never mind. Jean still sounds like a total asshole.)

He’s been thinking about how to convince Alexandria he’s not a jerk and to give him another chance. He’s also thinking of how to apologize to Jamie, because lately, the boy has been irking him without even doing anything.

Jamie suddenly isn’t that other ethnic-looking person, besides Jean; among the sea of white students they call a class. He isn’t just that emo-looking guy or that smart kid. He’s someone who bothers Jean and Jean needs to deal with it somehow, someway.

He doesn’t know.