Status: Completed

Psyche

8

“So how are you and Johnnyboy?” Alexandria asks. Her and Jamie are on a swing set at the park by her apartment or– as Alexandria likes to say – the trashy park cults don’t even want to do rituals on.

“We’re fine. Why?”

“Because he stole my BFF and I’m totally jealous,” she laughs, and Jamie does also, telling her if he doesn’t spend that much time with Jean.

Alexandria’s not actually jealous. Not in the true sense of the word. And Jean technically hasn’t “stolen” Jamie. Stealing means Jamie is hers because she saw him first and Jean just whisked him away. She owns no one, but it’s still weird to see Jamie hanging out with someone else who isn't her. And maybe there's still a small concern in her that's afraid Jean might a 180 and turn on Jamie. Or she might just care and worry too much.

She grabs Jamie’s hand and they swing until their legs begin to ache and the rusty swings are creaking too loudly for them to bear.

Alexandria wonders if it is possible to care too much. Her dad has told her again and again she’s too pushy, and that’s probably why people have such a hard time with her. She’ll get in their face about things they may not want to bring up (but it has to happen). She’s confronted strangers, her dad more than once, Jean, but she hasn’t with Jamie yet and she feels like she needs to. But she also knows she can embarrass Jamie in a million ways and he won't let up what's in his head so easily.

That’s okay. She’ll be nice. She’ll lay low for awhile, only because she likes Jamie and doesn’t want to scare him off like she’s done with everyone else.

She only wants to make sure things are okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
.
.
.
Hey kiddies.