Remember

'cause all the roads they lead to where you are

I lye in bed, the covers pulled over my head as The Used sounds from my iHome. Bert's voice distracting me from the morbid thoughts floating around inside my head. I ignored the calls sent to my phone, same with the text messages. Riktor had tried to contact me on countless occasions, but I allowed all of them to go straight to voicemail. It has been a few days since Warped Tour. Mum brings food to me, but otherwise, I have no contact with anyone. I updated my blog once, but have yet to return to my computer. I spend my days lying in bed, listening to music, pretending my life were a fairy tale; pretending 'happily ever after' were real.

I sighed, pulling my pillow closer to me, wanting to allow the tears to fall, but I continue to battle them off. I'm so sick of being weak, I thought, but it's who I am. I'll never be anything more.

My door opened after a soft knock. I knew it was Mum, but it's a bit early for her to be brining me a meal. "Addison," she said, testing the waters to see if I'd speak to her. I grunted to let her knew I'm listening, so she continues, "There's someone here for you." I pulled the covers down, allowing myself to look, completely curious as to who had shown. If it were Riktor she would have said.

"Who is it?" I ask upon noticing Mum holding the door mostly closed, blocking my view. I can only assume she did it in case I wanted nothing to do with whoever is out there, or that I had been indecent.

"He says he's a friend of yours," she said, opening the door more to reveal a white haired boy with a septum piercing. I grinned, hopping out of bed to tackle him in a hug. Mum laughed before leaving the room.

I rested my head on Rhys' chest, happy to have him here. I admit, he's looking quite attractive in his black-plaid skinny-legged jeans with random zippers and patches, a pair of suspenders hanging from the waist, and his black Mötley Crüe t-shirt. "Hello to you too," he chuckled out, wrapping his arms around my waist, leaving his hands to fall on my lower back.

"I thought I'd never see you again!" He chuckled again, shaking his head at me. He loosened his arms around me as I wiggled off him, blushing scarlet at my actions and the clothes I had on.

"I exchanged numbers with Riktor before he left. He actually just dropped me off here. Said something about you not wanting anything to do with him right now, and left me." I nodded, taking a seat on my bed, pulling the covers around me. Rhys took a seat next to me, and we talked for a while.

When seven o'clock rolled around, Rhys' phone goes off, blasting the Zounds throughout my room. I want to scream in excitement, finally I've found someone else who's into their music, but I hold back as he answer the call. "Hey, what's up?" I turn my attention down to my phone, noticing the 10 new calls I had received in the last couple hours. "No, I'm at Addison's place, why?" I ignore the calls, checking out the 99+ missed text messages from the last few days. "I'll be there in a few." Most of them are from Riktor, telling me to answer his calls. "All-right, 'bye." Riktor ends the call, turning his attention to me. I set my phone down, smiling softly at me.

"It was nice seeing you again," I say, beating him to it. "You've got my number, right?" He nods his reply. I stand, leading him out of my room and down the stairs.

He bids farewell to Mum before turning his attention back to me. Engulfing me in a hug, he whispers, "Take care of yourself," in my ear before adding, "You've my number. Hit me up if you need me, all-right? I'll answer no matter what." I smile gratefully before letting go.

"You're acting like I'll never see you again!" I make it out to be a joke, but my insides are flipping, hoping that isn't true.

"With how anti-social you're being, who knows," he laughs. I agree with him, but assure him we'll keep in contact.

When he's gone, I ignore the strange looks from Mum, and go back to my phone. A couple of them are from a strange number, but I know exactly who it is by what was said: Addi, I'm sorry. Please, forgive me? I miss you.
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit: on top of the world - boys like girls

thank you so much to the following for commenting on the last chapter:
Purple Nightmares
Neon_Skies_Killjoy
Hot Chelle Rae
Aurielle (it made sense to me. xD thank you, though. thats a huge compliment!)
The Mini Monster


What would you guys do if I made Rhys and Addison get together instead of Addison and Andy? Would you hate me?