Remember

feel like it don't make sense

"I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry," a small voice floated to my ears. I look over, confusion setting in as I rack my brain trying to figure out who the boy before me is. He bit his lip nervously before reaching up to tug on his septum piercing slightly. I continue watching him, willing myself to know who he is as he shifts under my stare. "You don't know me," he finally states, "you just looked lonely and upset. I figured I'd come say hi." His nerves shone most toward the end as though I'd reject him for purely wanting to talk to me.

I smile softly before responding with, "Thank you." He nods, tugging at the bottom of his shirt before taking a seat next to me.

"Why are you alone?" he asks out of the blue, nibbling his bottom lip as he looks at me awaiting his answer. How do I respond to that? I ask myself, searching my mind for any set of words that could possible make sense to someone else.

"I needed away from my cousin." It seemed the easiest to respond with, and he took the hint that I didn't want to go any farther than that into explaining. "Why are you alone?"

"My sister is off watching the Ready Set and I'm not into that sort of music. I told her I'd meet her at Paramore's booth in an hour." I nod with a small smile, finding it adorable that he's here with his sister. "I'm Rhys," he informs me, holding out his hand for me to shake. I grab hold, shaking his hand politely.

"I'm-" I start to introduce myself only to be cut off by someone shouting my name. I smile, making a motion with my hand as to say 'that's me they're calling,' but continue my cut statement anyway, "Addison." Rhys says something about my name being cute (I honestly wasn't paying too much attention), and I thank him, telling him it's nice to meet him.

"Addison! Why did you dart off like that? He wants to see you, you know." I shrug, forcing myself to keep my back turned to Riktor. Rhys' eyes go wide, his mouth falling open ever so slightly.

"Are you mad at me, Addi?" His voice comes out like silk, floating through my ears in a soothing way, almost making me forget about the last two years. I bit my lip hard, feeling a small trickle of blood slide down my lip and drip off my chin, the pain numbed by the force of impact. I will myself not to cry, refusing to allow him to see the effect his disappearance truly had on me. Keeping my back to him, I take in a deep breath through my nose and shrug, looking to Rhys for help. Rhys stares back, utter confusion shining in his perfectly shaped, deep forest eyes.

A hand lightly places itself on my shoulder, just barely there before my trembling voice whispers out, "Don't," sounding more like a brush of wind against ears than a sound emitted from man. The hand moves itself away from me slowly- cautious, acting as though I may break down at any sudden movement.

I glance over at Riktor, his eyes are set on Rhys, his mind leafing through old files trying to find something on the boy before him. Rhys blushes under Riktor's gaze causing a small, barely-there smile to form on my lips. "Rhys came to make sure I'm all-right," I informed Riktor. His gears stopped overworking themselves and a slight look of relief flashed in his eyes. Riktor thanked Rhys for his kindness before he turned his attention back to me.

"I thought you wanted to meet him in person?" His voice sounded so unsure; complete confusion on my behaviour.

"I thought I did," I began, taking a seat with my back against the tree. I set my eyes on my shoes so as to not have to look at the three men watching my every movement before continuing, "but that was before I really started thinking." I took in a breath, licked my lips, and looked up at Riktor. "When we were in that crowd, I saw it- I saw him," I clarified, "for the first time. The real him, the person he worked so hard to be. The Andy I never could have seen through a computer screen, or even at a coffee house. That's the real him up on stage. Why ruin it?" I flicked my eyes over to Andy, watching him carefully before adding on, "Besides, if he wanted to keep me in his lifeā€¦" I trailed off slightly, turning my attention to the sky before finishing with, "he would have."
♠ ♠ ♠
title credit: love like woe - the ready set

thanks for commenting!
MurderInkorporated.
ISetMyZombiesOnFire
Durch-Den-Monsun-87 (i believe you have the most comments so far xD)


seriously guys! id love more stories to read.