Status: Hello all my amazing readers! I am currently re-editing all my chapters and plan to post new ones soon :)

Mistakes of the Heart

Revealed Secrets

It has been three weeks since the "incident" with Mr. Johnson. And, I know that Haylie and Tanner are starting to get suspicious about my behavior. It wasn't that I have been sad or depressed, it was the fact that I have been acting perfectly fine. They are expecting me to be in this sort of mood, but I act as if nothing had ever happened. The truth was that I was thinking about everything that happened to me – all the time. But, I wasn't thinking about the fact that I was almost - you know - but rather the reason I wasn't.

Mr. Johnson seems to not only be invading my thoughts but also invading my dreams. These dreams are not exactly PG either, if you know what I mean. Honestly, I am avoiding everything to do with him. If anyone were to ask about what happened, I just avoid the topic or make up some lie. The worst part is that I have been ignoring all of Callie's calls and I am pretty sure she is past being pissed off, but rather worried about me. I just know that she would be able to tell that something was bothering me, and I would end up telling her. It's not that I have a problem with telling her, it's just that I am not ready to admit anything yet.

And when it comes to me and Mr. Johnson, I would have to say it is anything but normal. The first time we saw each other was during class on the following Monday. We didn't look at each other the whole day, but that was until I accidentally bumped into him, again. Both of us looked up with wide eyes and awkwardly made muffled apologies. We ended up staring up at each other longer than we were supposed to, and didn't snap out of it until someone called for him. Nothing really happened since, but that didn't stop our wandering eyes. Lately, it has been getting a lot harder for me to ignore these feelings I have been having towards him, but I keep telling myself I made the best decision. At least it was Friday, and I had the weekend to breathe.

I was walking out of my last period when I received a call.

" Hello?" I answer warily, since I didn't recognize the number.

" Hey Melanie? It's Shelby." The moment I heard that name, I froze. It couldn't be her. We haven't talked since... since that day.

" He-hey, Shelby. What's u-up?" I stutter, anxiously.

" I heard your parents shipped you off to some boarding school, and wanted to see for myself." she answers.

There was a long silence before she snapped , " So? Is it true?"

" Um... yeah it's true." I mumble.

" Do you really think that moving away is going to change anything?"

" Excuse me? I don't understand. I thought you dropped the charg-"

" Who said I dropped them for your sake? Besides, it's not like you can hide there forever." I can feel moisture begin to fill my eyes.

" Shelby, I swear I didn't know what Ian was planning to do. You have to belie-"

" Save it, Melanie." she scoffs."What makes you think I am going to believe anything you say?"

" I-I don't know." I breathed. " But, I do mean it Shelby. I really didn't know what was going to happen." I could feel a few tears slide down my cheeks.

She sighed. " Whatever. At least I got what was mine. Just know that you can't hide from your past forever." Then the line went dead.

It felt like my heart had stopped and I just wanted to run as far away as I could; but instead I dropped to the ground. I was mentally and now, physically exhausted. I just didn't want to hide anything anymore, but I knew I had to. This was a new start for me and I wasn't going to let some stupid mistake ruin everything.

" Melanie?" asked a familiar, male voice.

I look up and unsurprisingly there was Mr. Johnson with his enticing blue eyes, almost reeling me in.

Annoyed with myself, I ask? " How much of that did you hear?"

He looks a little fidgety when I glance up at him.

" Er- ." he responds, causing me to groan and cover my face with my hands.

“ Just don’t say anything.” I mumble.

“ Melanie?”

" What?!" I snap, but then see he is offering his hand out to me.

I sigh again, take his outstretched hand, and let him pull me back up to my feet. He ends up dragging me back into his classroom, closing the door behind him.

" Why don't you sit down?" he suggests.

I cross my arms over my chest, stubbornly.

" Just do it. Don’t be stupid.” he says.

" Fine." I mumble and sit down in one of the empty desks.

" Now, you don't have to tell me what happened, actually you don't have to tell me anything at all. But if this has anything to do with the other day-"

I couldn't help but look surprised. He was worried I was freaking about his little attempted kiss?

“ What makes you think this has anything to do with you?”

He then starts to turn red, showing that he was starting to get angry.

“ I am trying to have a decent conversation here and you are still acting like a child. I don’t know why I even try- ”

Before he could say anything else, I said, " The reason I came to Belmont, wasn't because of some random decision. I was actually forced by my parents, because of some stupid mistake I had made."

As I was speaking, he never took his eyes off of me, and kept the same blank expression.

I took another breath and continued. " Pretty much, I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. My now ex-boyfriend, convinced me that we were going to this big school party, but he lied." I look down at the desk, and started playing with a paperclip.

"Let's just say one thing lead to another, and I was charged with breaking and entering, and some other things... by the girl who I was just talking to on the phone. And it wasn't even my fault." I say angrily, but then took another breath to calm down. I finally look back up and he still has the same expression.

" And I can't believe I just told you all of that. I am such a fucking idiot. God, you must think I am pathetic. " I add, and begin to get up.

" I should just go." I tell him, but he takes hold of my arm and makes me face him.

“ Melanie, stop.” He is looking directly at me, but of course the moment is ruined by the classroom door flying open.

First walks in a beautiful, tall brunette women who looks to be around Mr. Johnson's age. Following her was none other than Tanner. Well, this is awkward. We immediately jump away from each other.

The brunette was the first to speak, " Liam?"

" Hey, Isabelle." He says breathlessly.

" Are you still up for getting a drink later?" She asks, warily.

" Er... sure." He answers. I guess I should have seen this coming.

Breaking me away from my gaze, Tanner states, " The guys and I have been looking for you everywhere, California."

All I could say was, " Oh."

Tanner looks at me curiously. " Did I miss something?" he asks, suspiciously.

" No, Tanner. Mr. Johnson was just telling me about some extra credit."

Somehow I don't think that Tanner believes me, but I just continue to play it off.

" Whatever, Melanie. I was just wondering if you were still up to seeing Aiden's band."

That's when an idea popped into my head. If Mr. Johnson could date, so could I.

" Yeah, I was meaning to talk to you about that!" I say with a smile.

Tanner looked surprised. " You were?"

" Yeah, I was. I was just wondering if you wanted to go together?" Tanner's eyes get wide, and I could see a smile start forming on his face.

Then he asks, " Like a date?"
Mr. Johnson conveniently starts having a coughing fit the minute Tanner says "date".

I smile back widely. "Yes, like a date."

" S-sure!" Tanner answers back, nervously.

I look back to see Mr. Johnson staring at me with a look of... actually, I don't what it was. Yet, all of sudden, I felt like I made a horrible mistake.

" I knew you would fall for my boyish charms sooner or later." Tanner says with a wink.

Melanie, what have you gotten yourself into now?

***

When I finally got back into my room, I decide to call Callie. It was about time I filled her in. I just knew that she wouldn't be in the best of moods.

" Hey Callie. I am really sorry! I know it has been a long time, but-"

" Melanie Rose Tyler. I don't even know what to say to you! You scared the shit out of me! I have been so wor-"

" I know, I know. But I can explain!"

I hear her take a deep breath and then she says, " Fine. Explain."

For the next hour, I tell her everything that happened. Starting with bumping into Mr. Johnson, then the phone call with Ian, then about the whole thing at the club, the almost-kiss with Mr. Johnson, the talk with Shelby, and ending with the big date with Tanner.

By the time I was done, I fell completely relieved. It felt so good to tell someone about my complicated life and I knew I could trust Callie with anything.

" Wow, Mel. That's a lot of crazy shit. I just can't believe you didn't tell me before!"

" I know, but-"

" And I swear I am going to take the first flight over and kick some ass if that guy ever lays another finger on you."

" Thanks Cal, but-

" And, Ian and Shelby better watch their backs because they officially made my shit list. Just ignore them, girl. They are just a waste of your time."

" Oh, I know Cal-"

" And a teacher, Mel? You lucky bitch! I bet he is hella sexy from the way you describe him."

I finally interrupt her and yell, " CALLIE!"

" Sorry Mel! Go ahead."

" What am I going to do about Tanner?"

" He doesn't sound that bad to me." She interjects.

" That's the problem, Cal! I don’t want to hurt him!" I exclaim.

" Ah, well you have to stop leading him on. I totally knew there you weren't telling me!”

" Oh, shut up, Cal." I mumble and it is followed by a soft giggle.

" I still can't believe you told him what happened!" she yells.

" I didn't tell him everything! He probably thinks I am crazy now."

“ I think this teacher has a thing for you, girl.” She suggests.

“ He just sees me as some challenge because I am not all over him… or something. I really don’t know or care.”

" Oh please you care, Mel. You are just not ready to admit you have a thing for him too."

“ But he is such an asshole Cal! Like he is so arrogant it’s awful!”

“ Obviously, that hasn’t stopped you.” she pushes. “So what are you going to do?” she adds.

“I have no idea!”
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go! Haha and you get to take a look into her past! :)
What do you guys think she is going to do?
Oh and I changed the school name to Belmont. :)

Anyways thanks to all the commenters...
nerdyninja1000
I'll love you always
Star Angel
ashleyr761


Your feedback makes my day :)
So, let me know what you guys think <3

AGAIN sorry for the typos :P