Status: Hello all my amazing readers! I am currently re-editing all my chapters and plan to post new ones soon :)

Mistakes of the Heart

Uninvited Visitors

My shower makes me feel a little better and gives me enough energy to start unpacking my suitcases. But before I even have a chance to make a dent, I hear multiple knocks on the door. I open the door and find Tanner with - of course - a giant smile plastered across his face.

“I should get double points for this.” Hey says this while leaning against my doorframe with a little smirk playing on his lips.

“Nice to see you too,” I say as I roll my eyes, “how did you find me?”

“Ms. Phillips and me have a special relationship,” he states with a mischievous grin.

"Um, what the hell?" I think as I give him a questioning look.

“In other words, while she had to take a 'personal call', I snuck behind her desk and found this paper with your room number on it.” He holds up a paper that has my full name in bold letters containing some of my personal information.

“So you’re a California girl, huh?” he states as he starts reading it.

“Oh my god, Tanner! Seriously, do you want to be labeled as a stalker?” I yell at him, while attempting to grab the paper from his quick hands.

“Easy, California. It seems that someone is trying to hide some secrets.”

I try to keep a straight face, while I think about what my records must say. I am really not in the mood to get into what happened back home, and I rather not give the people here something to judge me by already.

“ Whoa, did you like burn your school down or something? If looks could kill...” he laughs.

“ Tanner please I am sooooo not in the mood.” I sigh.

Tanner’s curious expression has now turned a bit more playful. “How about we make a deal?”

“Fine.” I already know that I am going to regret this.

“I will give you this paper, but you're going to have to owe me something in return.”

“Come on, Tanner!” He starts reading the paper again.

“Melanie Rose Tyler - high school senior…”

“Alright, alright! What do you want me to do?!” I practically shout at him.

“I haven’t decided yet, but you have to agree that no matter what it is, you will do it.”

“Ugh… fine! Just give me the paper and go.” Who knows what I am going to have to do, but I know it is worth all the trouble.

He hands me the paper, then says, “Yeah about that. I have been meaning to ask you why you are staying here. Isn’t there a girls' dorm?”

“They told me it was full and that I had to stay here. Now, if you don’t mind, I would like to get back to unpack-” Forcefully, Tanner pushes his way past me to get a better look of my room.

“You get this all to yourself? Not fair!”

“ Oh my god, Tanner! Have you heard of personal space?” Then, I hear a familiar voice come from behind me and when I turn around, I recognize the jerk from earlier today.

You got to be kidding me!

“Mr. Warren, you are not supposed to be in here.” He turns around and looks me up and down, making me feel a bit unnerved. Then, recognition fills his face and he narrows his eyes.

“What the… what are you doing here?” he says in an accusing tone.

“ Clearly, this is my room.” I cross my arms and roll my eyes - almost challenging him to question me.

“ Well clearly you are lost. These rooms aren’t for students,” he mockingly states.

“ Well, you are wrong. If you really have a problem, you can go whine to the admissions office.” I hold up the paper as proof. “ They can deal with you.” I say this while turning around to face a confused Tanner.

“ I am only here because I usually welcome the new 'teachers' and show them around, but I don’t see that happening.” Each word is filled with a hint of cockiness, annoying the hell out of me.

“ I don’t deal with annoying assholes, anyway. ”

His face turns bright red out of anger and mumbles, “ Whatever. I have better things to do with my time.”

“ Just stay the hell away from me.” I yell.

He smirks and says, “ Well good luck with that one, neighbor.”

Oh, shit. “ Please don’t tell me that YOUR room is the one across the hall?” I say as I turn back around to face him - hands clenched at my sides.

“Don’t look so excited, sweetheart.”

“Seriously? This is not going to work out. I have to ask for another room!”

That’s when I hear Tanner clear his throat.

“Uh, did I miss something?” Both what’s-his-face and me turn and look at Tanner as if he was speaking some foreign language.

“Whoa,” he puts his hands up defensively, “I am just trying to understand what is going on. I am just an innocent bystander here.” I couldn’t help but roll my eyes.

“We… bumped into each other this morning.” I say.

“More like you threw yourself at me.” he crosses his arms over his chest.

“Oh, don’t flatter yourself!” I yell back. This guy is such a prick.

He then shakes his head and looks back up at me - his eyes judging me from head to toe. I just glare right back and after a few minutes of mad-dogging each other, he abruptly turns around and angrily walks out the door. The moment he slams his door across the hall, Tanner says, “ So I see you met Mr. Johnson.”

I just give Tanner a “No shit” look and he just laughs and shakes his head.

“ I think you are the first girl I know who didn’t try to get into his pants.” Tanner remarks.

“ Like I would ever THINK of sleeping with a guy like that!” I mean, he definitely has the looks but his personality just ruins it completely for me.

I continue saying, “ I just hope I can avoid him as much as possible.”

“Luckily, he's only a student aid for a couple classes. It’s highly unlikely that you'll have him. Here, let me see your schedule.” I hand it to him and watch as he reads it over. I notice his eyes get big.

“What's wrong Tanner?”

“Uh… well… um.” He rubs the back of his neck.

“Tanner, just tell me.”

“Well, you might possibly have Mr. Johnson for a class… or three.”

“WHAT?! You GOT to be kidding me!” I shout and grab my schedule out of his hands. I scan it and see no sign of a “Mr. Johnson”.

I look up and see a smile start to form on Tanner’s face again – which eventually turns into him on the ground laughing.

“ You bahaha should hahaha have seen hahaha your face!” he says between giggles.

I give him a little shove and say, “ You’re an idiot.” He just continues to laugh and I can’t help but let a little smile slip onto my face.

I shake my head and decide that there is nothing I can do about Tanner and continue to unpack.

Unfortunately, I should have thought twice about that because soon enough Tanner is going through all my stuff.

He holds up one of my bras to his chest and jokes, “ Do you think this is my size?”

I try to snatch it away from him, but that just leads to me chasing Tanner around the room. Then I hear a huge bang and turn around to see a bunch of guys entering my room.

“Dude! Again, not fair! At least give a guy a chance.” Tanner turns around with a smile, drops my bra, and does that handshake-hug thing that guys do. I notice a guy who is a little taller than Tanner, wearing black skinny jeans, and some unknown band tee. He had that messy hair look going on too.

“A-Man! It’s not like that, but you know how competitive I get.” Oh, right. They're in a competition. What did they say the winner gets? My thoughts were interrupted by a male voice.

”Hey Blondie.” He smirks. “I am Aiden. Did I just interrupt something?” he continues with raised eyebrows.

“ No” I shout the same time Tanner shouts “Yes”.

I give Tanner the death glare for the millionth time, but then I notice the two other guys who came in going through my stuff. One has curly, light-brown hair, tan skin, and bright green eyes and the other had dirty blond hair, hazel eyes, and could definitely pass for a model.

“ Get the hell out of my stuff!” I shout, feeling my irritation finding its way back.

The guy with the curly brown hair turns around first and says, “ Sure thing babe. I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Tyler and if you let me take you out, I promise you won’t regret it.”

As soon as the words leave his mouth, I see the other guy smack the back of his head and say “Way not to be desperate, dumbass. “ He turns to me giving me a model-like smile and adds, “By the way, I am Matt. Please ignore him. I mean he already knows that you are going on a date with me.”

“ I don’t think-” I start to say but of course get interrupted by Tanner.

“Hey guys give her some space,” but ruins it by saying, “I have dibs anyways.” Okay that is it!

“Seriously, I don’t want to be rude… actually, I lied. Can you guys leave? Like NOW?”

In unison, Tyler, Aiden, and Tanner says, “Aw, but…” like they were children.

Matt interrupts them and says, “Let’s give Melanie a chance to settle in.” He turns and winks at me. “Besides, we all know who she's going to pick.”

Whoa, confident much?

“Wait, I never…” That just set them off again. All four guys just started arguing at once.

Eventually I am able to force them all out of my room and take a breath. It just has been nonstop since I got here that I almost forgot about calling my best friend, Callie.

I decide to send her a text, since I don’t think I have enough energy to talk right now. I say, “ Promise to fill you in tomorrow. Sleep is necessary xoxo. ” I look at the clock and it’s almost six. I decide to just take a nap for couple of hours and then finish all the rest of my unpacking. As I close my eyes, I let myself drift off, but all I can think about is how I am even survive this school – especially living across from Mr. Johnson.
♠ ♠ ♠
Phew Chapter 3 is out! :D
From now on I will be publishing weekly but maybe if I am motivated enough *wink wink* I can publish more than one :] Thank you to all of those who have given this a chance!
There is more to come between Melanie and Mr. Johnson <3

Sooooo another round of applause for my awesome editor... running in circles;!!!!! :D haha