Status: Hello all my amazing readers! I am currently re-editing all my chapters and plan to post new ones soon :)

Mistakes of the Heart

Unexpected Call

I can’t believe that he had the balls to call me. After everything that he did to me and everything he put me through. Truthfully, I don’t even know why I answered. I guess I was just curious to see what excuse he had for me this time.

“What do you want Ian?” I repeat my question.

“Aw, why do you have to be like that, Mel?”

“You fucking know why! And don’t call me Mel.” I snap.

“You never seemed to be bothered by it before.” He says in a suggestive tone.

“That was before I realized how much of a scumbag you really are.”

“Someone’s feisty today.” He playfully remarks.

“You know what Ian, either you tell me why you decided to call me or I'm hanging up.”

“Alright, alright. I was just trying to have some fun with you. “

“Ian…”

“Whatever. I just wanted to tell you that she stopped by today.”

“Why the hell would I want to know that?”

“She said that they're no longer going to press charges. I thought you should know.”

“What changed their minds?” I ask, now curious.

“Who knows? Maybe we can tell you parents and they'll-”

“There's nothing you can tell my parents that will change anything.” I say cutting him off. There was long silence.

“I miss you, Mel.” He whispers.

“Oh, well, that’s tooo bad.”

“Oh, come on-”

"Maybe you should have thought about it before you lied and cheated on me!” I yell.

“Babe-”

“Don’t even go there, Ian. I appreciate you telling me, but our relationship is over. You are lucky that I am even talking to you right now. So, I'm going to go. Have a nice life, asshole!” I yell and then hang up.

I shouldn’t have expected that I could just drop everything and leave. The one good thing about coming here was the thought that I could just leave everything behind, but sometimes it has a way of finding you. At one time, I believed I was “in love” with Ian, but it was more that I liked the idea of him. Don’t get me wrong, I sometimes have those days when I miss him, but I have learned to move on. If anything, what he did only made me stronger.

I decided to get off my bed, take a shower, change into something more comfortable, and try to get some sleep. I really need a distraction from all these guys. I'm tired of feeling so damn overwhelmed.

***

The rest of the week was fortunately drama-free. I didn’t get any more unexpected calls or awkward confrontations. In the one class I had with Mr. Johnson, I avoided any eye contact or conversation with him. The only time I would say something would be during class, if I were being asked a question. Everyday he would try to keep me after class just to mock me, but I always found a way out of it. Also, I knew the exact moment to leave my room without bumping into him. You could say that I was becoming an expert at avoiding him.

By the time Friday came around, I was feeling pretty good. I would finally have the weekend for myself and have time to relax. I waited in anticipation as the final bell rang to signal the school day was over and instantly got a text message from Hayley.

“You made it through your first week! Down to celebrate?” I couldn’t help but smile to myself. I guess I wouldn’t mind having a little bit of fun.

“For sure! What do you have in mind?” I replied back with a smile on my face. Tanner came up from behind me and decided to poke my sides, causing me to let out a scream.

“Oh my god, Tanner!“ I turn and glare at him.

“Nice to see you too, California.” He laughs while holding his stomach. This boy is going to drive me crazy.

“I was thinking that we should hang out or something this weekend?” he asked after catching his breath.

“Me and Hayley are thinking of going out and celebrating.” I say nonchalantly.

“Celebrating?” he questioned. Then Hayley appeared out of nowhere.

“Yeah, celebrating making it through her first week, dumbass.” Tanner’s face suddenly turned annoyed.

“Was I asking you?” he snapped at Hayley.

“Does it look like I care?” Hayley retorted.

“Maybe if you weren’t such a bit-”

Before they made a scene I interrupted saying, “So where do you go to have fun around here?"

Both of them turned to me and said, “The Cove,” as if it was the most obviously thing in the world.

“The Cove? Where is that?” I ask. This time, both of them looked at each other and then back to me. I could see a small smile forming on their faces, making me a bit suspicious.

Then, Hayley says, “I think I know where we're going! You're coming to my room and I'll help you get ready.”

“Alright, I'm just going to head back to my room first and drop off my stuff. Meet you in an hour?”

“Sounds fantastic.” She smiles.

“See you later, Tanner.” I wave and start walking in the direction of my room. Both of them immediately turn to each other and start whispering, while slightly glancing back at me. What have I gotten myself into?

***

As I enter my building, I'm suddenly grabbed by the wrist and pulled into a dimly lit room. A familiar hand covers my mouth to prevent me from screaming.

“I just need to talk to you,” a masculine voice whispers in my ear, sending shivers throughout my body. I turn around and look directly into the eyes of Mr. Johnson. He looks exhausted, like he hasn’t gotten any sleep, but still is undeniably attractive. I realize after a few silent minutes, that I was staring at him. I feel my cheeks warm up, and notice a smirk forming on his face.

I take a few steps back and cross my arms over my chest.

“ What do we possibly have to talk about?” I snap.

He looks at my intently and says, “I know you are spreading some stupid lies about me. You need to stop this childishness. I don’t want to lose my job!”

“I don’t even know what you’re talking about! "

“Don’t give me that bullshit, Melanie!” It was weird hearing him address me by my first name. “ It’s not like I have enough to deal with – especially your little school girl crush.”

I look up, fuming, and yell back, “ Oh fuck you! You don’t know anything! Plus you are my teacher, and I am not some “slut”, okay? Not to mention, you've been an asshole since the moment I met you, so why would I even be the least bit interested in you?”

I suddenly see his eyes fill with anger. His hands are now clenched into fists, and he shouts, “I saw they way you looked at me. I am not stupid!”

“ Wow, that is some ego you have there.” I say as I roll my eyes.

I can see his chest moving in and out from his heavy breathing.

“ So you don’t feel any attraction towards me? None at all?” He walks towards me with each question, forcing my back against the wall. Both of his hands are on either side of my head, and his face is just inches away from mine. I can’t deny that there isn’t an attraction, but its all physical. And it usually disappears the minute he opens his mouth.

“Nope.” I say, while popping the p.

Of course here starts another staring contest, and I can hear my heart racing in my chest from the tension. So, I just push my way past him and mumble, “I have to go meet up with Hayley soon...” I start to walk away but he stops me by grabbing my hand.

“ Just stop whatever you are doing.” He instructs.

I sigh so that I don’t lose control, and say “I swear I am not saying anything. But if you want I can see who is. ” Then something changes within Mr. Johnson's eyes and he quickly drops my hand, causing me to stumble.

“What the…” I say as I pick myself up.

He snaps, “You know what?! I don’t need to beg to some child. Just go.” Bipolar much?

“You,” I point to him, “are the one who is accusing me of something I didn’t do and to think I was about to help you…” He opens his mouth to speak but I just cut him off saying, “No! I knew I was right about you. Once an asshole, always an asshole.”

This time I run off not giving him any more opportunities to change my mind. Goddamn! Why does he keep doing this to me? Why does he have to mess with my emotions like that? Well, he's not going to get away with it anymore. I'm ready to get my mind off of him, so I just throw my stuff onto my bed and head straight to Hayley’s room.

***

When I get to Hayley's room, I find her digging through her closet looking for something to wear.

“Hey, Hayley. Uh, what are you looking for?” I question.

“I know it’s here,” I hear her murmur to herself, “I swear I saw it just the other… AHA!” she shouts holding up a very revealing red dress.

“Dressing up for somebody?” I ask her suggestively.

“No, actually you are,” she smiles widely.

“Whoa, there!” I say holding up my hands, “I'm not wearing that!”

“Oh, yes you are! It’s the only way we're going to take you to The Cove.” she says stubbornly.

“Can’t I wear something less… revealing?” I plead.

“My way or no way at all, Mel.” You can’t be serious, I groan to myself. She forces the dress up to me, shaking it in the air. I just turn and give her a questioning look.

“Fine! Hand it over.” She squeals and hands me the dress. I head to the bathroom, but then it suddenly opens, revealing a girl with long, wavy brown hair, brown eyes, and is about 5' 9.

“Oh, Mel, this is Veronica.”

“Hey, I'm Melanie, but you can just call me Mel.” I smile warmly.

She doesn’t even acknowledge me, and storms out of the room. Seriously, what is with the people at this school? I mean first Mr. Johnson and now her! I can feel a pressure in my chest, while thinking of Mr. Johnson and our little encounter not too long ago.

“Is anyone in there? Melanie?” She says while waving her hand in front of my face.

“Oh, sorry. I was kind of zoning.”

“Are you sure your okay to go out? You seem a bit distracted.”

“No, no. I'm fine! I really want to just have a fun night out,” I reassure her.

“Well, then hurry and get dressed girl!”

I just roll my eyes and go into the bathroom.

"This is going to be the best night ever! I promise!” she yells to me.

I hope she's right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for another chapter!!! XD
Sorry if there are typos and stuff... I didn't really edit :P
I big shout out to ashleyr761:D Thanks for your comment!
I hope you like it! Let me know what you think <3

Shout out to running in circles:!!!