Seventh Twilight

One: One

Its funny how the forest never seems to change.
No matter how long you have been away for, when you come back- its like you never left.
It's welcoming...


It hadn't changed at all. The smells of apples still roamed the air and rode the breeze from the orchards to the north right across the river and into the little town nestle in the valley. The leaves on the trees lining the roads still waved with as much enthusiasm as they had when I was a kid, the wildflowers still filled the meadows where the cows and horses roamed, even the square still bustle with the light traffic of a small town's charm. The sun still smiled down through the clouds that hung like castles in the sky, swirling and telling stories of far away places as they lazily inched along. Everything was the same. nothing had changed at all, even the feel of the dirt and grass in between my toes...

I wasn't sure if that was a good thing, though...


~*oOo*~


"Ellsia, stop acting like a baby and get out of the house." Jaciean roughly chopped the onions in the kitchen, throwing boxes around when they got in her way. She wasn't happy about being here, not at all, and she was sure to show it by her attitude and the increasing number of broken china. Ells didn't object, and she was sure to take out her little brother out of his high-chair and move him to the pen in the living room before one of the boxes hit him.

"There you go." Ells put him down on the blankets and pushed his toys closer to him so he would be content for at least another two hours. She went back into the kitchen and took the baby's sippy cup back to him before he made a fuss of it, he took it gratefully. The little boy chugged it happily as he looked up at his sister with his big brown eyes. ells smiled back down at him. " Do you like it here, Eli?" She asked, watching him go about and pick up a purple toy with rings attached. He shook it and then popped it into his mouth, the cup being completely forgotten. Ells rustled his light-brown curls and sighed. "You don't really care where you are as long as there's toys, do you?"

"ELLSIA! Where's Elizia?" The woman barked, storming out of the kitchen and down the hallway.

"I put him in his pen, Jaciean." Ells answered, not bothering to turn around when she came into the living room, keeping her eyes on Eli.

"Good. I'm going out, you're watching Elizia while I'm gone." Ells turned in horror as she watched the truth play out. Jaciean grabbed her purse and high heels all the while mumbling at how there would probably be no where to go in the small backwater town.

"You just told me to stop being a baby and go outside, and now you're telling me to stay here with one?" Jaciean turned and gave her daughter a dirty look, then replied in that horrible voice that made nails on a chalkboard pleasant.

"Its a small town in the middle of nowhere, Missy, its not like you'll be killed on the street, just take him with you. Now stop whining and just be back before your father is." She slammed the door, leaving an annoyed Ells and not the slightest bit phased infant alone in the empty house. Ells sighed, that woman could get under her skin like nothing she has ever known.

Ells turned to her little brother, determined to not let that woman ruin her day. She would go out... "Hey, big guy, how about we go to the park?"