Sequel: Take a Breath

Until the End of Time

I Just Kissed..Kevin?

A large, calloused hand fell onto my bare shoulder and I inhaled sharply, biting on my lower lip at the contact. I raised my gaze to meet Kevin's, and a nervous smile graced his lips. "Madi, can we talk? That is, if you and Nicholas aren't too busy."

I blushed furiously, looking at a now red-faced Nick who gently pushed me off of his lap. "Y-Yeah, we were just talking."

"Because all best friends talk like that," Kevin muttered, sounding somewhat bitter, turning his gaze to Nick.

"We're still best friends?!" Nick practically squealed, standing up.

Okay, how did his family not know by now? Did nothing seem off to them or was I just a little more sensitive to the little things because I knew? I shrugged the thoughts out of my head, ultimately deciding that they didn't matter at the moment merely because they didn't know right now.

Anyway..

I pinched the bridge of my nose, looking at Nick. "Yes. Yes we are."

He grinned widely, rushing forward so that it looked as though he were about to hug me tightly. I winced, moving away from him. "Touch me and you die, Curly."

His smile faded, and he walked into the kitchen a little more than glum. "Fine."

"So..," I said, risking a glance at Kevin, dragging it out.

"So," He echoed, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"My God, just go to Starbucks!" Joe yelled, walking into the kitchen and rubbing his face roughly. He must have hit the door a little harder than Nick or I though. Huh. Oh well. His nickname isn't Danger for no reason.

Kevin grabbed his keys with an eyeroll, grabbed my hand, and led me out to his car. I tried very hard to ignore the tingles that ran up and down my arm when he grabbed my hand, but I am only human, right? Even if he was with some other girl, I couldn't help what I felt for him.

I leaned into the leather seat, looking at the faint chips in my lime green nail polish. He started the car and it sputtered before purring to life, and backed out the driveway safely, might I add. Before we got to the end of the street, he pulled the car over to the shoulder, and peered at me catiously.

"Madison, I wanted to apologize."

"Hum..?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I've been a real jerk, and you haven't done anything to deserve that. I guess I was just pissed at myself."

"Why would you be..pissed at yourself?"

"Because I loved you, Madison. I loved you and I didn't do anything about it."

My breath caught in my throat, and I leaned forward, clearing my throat. "What?"

He laughed bitterly, rubbing the palms of his hands on his jeans angrily. "I loved you, Madison. When I left, I distanced myself from you because I didn't want to hurt you anymore than I already had! I'm sorry that I never kept in contact..I..You know why now."

'Tell him!' My heart screamed at me, over and over. I opened my lips to speak, but nothing ever left them. I didn't know what to do. I never expected this. This never was supposed to happen. Ever. Before I could actually make my brain and mouth work together, he closed the distance between us, kissing me fiercely and passionately.

And before I knew what I was doing, I was kissing him back.
♠ ♠ ♠
So....It's been a while!
Thank you for sticking with me(:
Comment?