Sequel: Take a Breath

Until the End of Time

Lies to the One You Love Most

December 16th, 2009

The wedding date was nearing, and it wasn't sluggishly creeping up, either. With the constant pressure of Danielle's tedious requests, making sure that Carmen and Joe didn't push either of their limits, and keeping Nick's secret a secret..it was incredibly hard to keep my head on straight.

"Madison?" Kevin called, setting a coffee down in front of me, bringing me back to reality.

"Sorry, Kev," I apologized sheepishly, licking over my lower lip, "I guess I was just zoning out."

"I do that a lot, too, Madi," He replied with a genuine smile, rolling around the engagement ring on his finger. "Madison?"

"Yeah?" I breathed, taking a sip of the coffee and looking at him.

"Do you think that I'm making a mistake?"

"Wh-What? Why would you be asking me that?"

"I don't know," He sighed softly, rubbing his face with a hand.

I laid my hand over his carefully, rubbing small and soothing circles into it. "Kevin, trust me, I don't think you're making a mistake."

"You don't?"

"Of course not," I got out with a weak smile. And so began lie one..

"You're lying," He accused, his eyebrows furrowing together in concentration.

"I'm not!" I argued, moving my hand back quickly, making him flinch.

He rolled his eyes, sliding the plastic chair back and walking out of Starbucks with a sigh, me following him not too far behind. I hurried behind, but I couldn't find myself keeping pace with him.

"Kevin! Slow down!" I yelled desperately, taking my heels off with an exasperated sigh. Okay, so in retrospect, I shouldn't have chosen today to wear heels.

"Madison, if you think I'm making a mistake, then why are you helping this wedding?"

"Danielle told me that it'd mean the world to you!"

"And you couldn't figure that out yourself?" He sneered, turning around to face me.

"Kevin, of course I knew that it'd mean the world to you, but I couldn't just tell you that I didn't want the wedding to happen!"

"You don't want the wedding to happen, Madison?" He asked, seemingly taken aback by my statement.

Oh, fuck. "Kevin, that isn't what I meant to say, and you know it."

"Then what did you mean, Madison? Huh? I'm sure I'd love to hear this!" He growled.

"You shouldn't marry her," I said with a sigh, shoulders slumping as he inhaled deeply, rubbing his face in disbelief.

"Fine. You've got what you wanted, Madison. The wedding's off."

And with that, I watched helplessly as the man I was in love with walked away. I hadn't wanted this to happen, but it did. Was this really the way things were to unfold..?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? (:
I think there will be about two more chapters before the ending :D
Everything's starting to unfold..