Sequel: Take a Breath

Until the End of Time

Lies to the One You Love Most Pt. 3

I pulled the keys out of the ignition, slamming the car door shut and running to where Kevin sat. And though it was snowing, the temperature was freezing, and my vision wasn't the best, I knew that he was an emotional wreck. I grabbed his chin softly, forcing him to look at me.

"Kevin, you need to go home. Your family is worried about you."

He laughed bitterly, a faint smell of alcohol hitting me in the face. "No, they aren't. They don't give a flying fuck about me."

"They do, honey. I promise they do. They're worried sick," I spoke softly, stroking his cold face gently.

"Then why aren't they here?" He spat, jerking away from my touch. "And why are you here?! I thought I made it clear I wanted nothing to do with you."

"No, I'm sure you made it clear, Kev, but I don't know how to listen."

I dug in my pocket for what I was looking for, and I showed it to him. "Look, Kev, we made a promise when we were kids, and I don't plan on backing out of that anytime soon. Forever and always, right?"

I grinned, showing him the first bracelet he had given to me before he left. His brown eyes seemed to sparkle then, the life slowly seeping back into them. His breath was hot on my face now, and he pulled me in for a tight hug. "Madison, I'm sorry for earlier. I-I love you, Madi-girl."

I smiled happily, slipping my hand in his and walking to the car. "I love you, too, Kevibear."

The scene before us now would be like something much like that from a movie, but movies had happy endings. Though I wasn't sure how this would unfold, or even that our lives had a happy ending, the story now was Kevin and mine. He had his happiness back, and I helped him get it.

In less than a month, he'd be a married man as his constant, drunken babbling about the wedding was going on. In less than a month, I'd be by his side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?