Sequel: Take a Breath

Until the End of Time

The Wedding Day

The Wedding Day

The past few days it seemed as if everyone was on their toes. This wedding was supposed to be the wedding of the century, or something like that, anyway. Of course, I couldn't watch it. I couldn't watch him marry her; I couldn't watch him throw his life away on her.

I felt guilty considering that I'd helped Danielle plan the damned thing, but how could I not help with it? Kevin was so happy that Danielle and I got along, and the least I could do was help make sure that everything went smoothly for today.

"Madison?"

It was Carmen, and I knew why she was here. She was going to make sure that I didn't run away from this, but I had to. I was eighteen now, and I'm pretty sure no one would stop me if I just up and left. I didn't exactly know where I'd run, but I knew it'd be somewhere far away. Somewhere that no one would guess.

"Yeah, I'm in here."

She opened the bathroom stall, smiling sadly down at me. I was fairly positive that I had mascara stains down my cheek, but I honestly didn't care. Her hair was piled neatly in a bun, accompanied by a white rose to go with her gorgeous red gown. Her brown eyes flitted from where I sat, and to the dirty pair of sneakers, creating a pool of mud on the white tiled floor.

"Everyone's outside, you know. Aren't you at least going to come sit with me?"

"You have my parents to sit with. Keep the seat warm for me, will you?"

"I'm not leaving here without you, Madison."

"Then we're both going to miss the fairytale wedding."

She sighed softly, brushing a strand of wild hair behind my ear. "Madi, you have to tell him that. You have to tell him. It's now or never."

I stood up slowly, ignoring the pain that shot through my legs. I stepped forward, my heels clicking against the tile, and looked in the mirror. Yeah, I did look pretty horrible. I turned the water on, wiping away the black smudges that streaked down my cheeks, and took a deep breath.

"Now or never," I repeated.

"Exactly, so will you go, please?"

"I'm going," I forced out through gritted teeth.

I opened the door, pushing past Joe quickly, who was probably waiting on his fiance. Apparently, Carmen and Joe were set to elope. I bet Mama Jonas would be real happy about that one. Nick squeezed my hand in encouragement as I walked past him, and I sent him a thankful smile.

I reached the end of the hallway, opening the door slowly, to see Kevin adjusting his tux. I smiled warmly, stepping further into the room, and shut the door softly behind me.

"You clean up nice, Jonas."

"Thank you, Madi. You look stunning," He commented, grabbing me by the waist.

"Thank you," I smiled easily, my heart beginning to hammer in my chest. It wasn't because I was nervous to be around him. No, I was perfectly comfortable with being around him. I loved being around him, but I was nervous for what I was about to tell him.

"What'd you need to talk to me about, Madison?"

I pulled myself away from him, looking him in the eyes. This was something I hadn't been able to do in a long time, and I thought about backing out when his eyes met mine with such an intensity. I took a deep breath, smiling sadly at him.

"Kevin, there's no easy way for me to say this... Danielle cheated on you. I should have told you when I found out, but I didn't. I'm sorry-."

"No! How long have you known?"

I looked at my feet before barely speaking. "A while."

"How long?" He growled.

"A couple of months."

"You know, I thought we were best friends, Madison. Why wouldn't you tell me this?"

"Because I knew that it wouldn't matter! I knew that you'd still marry her! She isn't right for you, Kevin!"

"Yeah? Then who is? You?"

I swallowed hard, meeting his gaze. His face softened, and he took a step toward me. "You...You loved me? All this time and you never once said anything to me?"

"You would have never loved me, Kevin. You loved Danielle."

He swallowed hard, sitting in the chair with a loud sigh. "All on my wedding day. I guess it is bad luck whenever you see your bride before the day, huh?"

"Maybe so. Kevin, I came to tell you goodbye."

"What? Why?"

"You and Danielle can work out everything and be together forever. I want you to be happy. I love you, Kevin, I do. But I've chased you since I was twelve, and it's finally time to let go. It's finally time for me to say this is it. Goodbye, Kev."

And with that, I was out of the room. I was out of the building. And I had already slipped my shoes off, my feet pushing against the pavement, faster with every step. I kept running, and never once did I look back. I knew that I'd love him, but I'd love him until the end of time.

Nothing, not even this, could change that.

-------------------------------------------------

Madison didn't know it, but not too soon after she left the building, Kevin met Danielle at the altar and did what every bride feared. He told her that he couldn't marry her. Now Kevin Jonas, he was a good church man, but he cussed like any other sinner at Danielle. Not that she didn't deserve it, because she honestly did.

Everyone in that place was shocked. Everyone that is, except for Denise. She knew her son would make the right choice in the end, and she didn't even have to hint at it for him. Kevin Jonas, would no longer be engaged or have any type of relationship with Danielle.

Oh no, but instead, he'd be searching. Searching for the love of his life, Madison. And he wouldn't stop until he found her. Even if it took the end of time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sequel or No? :D
Like how it ended?
If anyone could make me a banner for the sequel, it's to be called, "I'll Be Here Forever."
Thanks! (: