Sequel: Take a Breath

Until the End of Time

Say What?!

I sat up, throwing the covers off of my body, looking at Kevin concerned. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"Nick..Nick's in the hospital."

My heart dropped into my stomach the second those words left his lips. I knew that Nick was a diabetic, but I'd known that my whole life. I was there whenever the doctor told him. We did everything together.

"W-What?"

"He wasn't keeping track of it last night. It was pretty insane, and it's all my fault," Kevin sputtered, his head falling into his hands.

"Kev, it," I stopped myself before I finished that sentence. He cracked a smile as I said 'Kev', but I wasn't going to give it to him that easily. I've too much pride to do that to myself. "It isn't your fault."

"It is," He shot back at me, his eyes beginning to turn red.

"It isn't, stubborn ass."

"Is calling me names necessary?"

"Yes. Yes it is."

I rolled my eyes, walking to my closet and threw a pair of jeans and a black shirt on the bed before raising an eyebrow at him.

"What?"

"Do you mind?"

"I've seen you change a million of times. It's not like I think of you in any way other than my brother's best friend."

I winced at his words, but didn't show it otherwise. Was he this much trouble six years ago? Was I this sensitive six years ago? It was obvious that the answer to both of those questions were yes.

"Kevin, get out. Please."

"Afraid I'll see something I like?"

"You have a girlfriend, idiot."

"Point being?" He smirked jokingly.

"Out," I growled, pointing to the door.

He walked out slowly, closing the door behind him softly. You know, it was funny how even with Nick in the hospital, he could be calm and Kevin-ish. Damn him.

I threw my clothes on, not even bothering with fixing my hair. I just threw it into a sloppy bun. I mean, what's the point? I'm only going to a hospital. I opened my door, flipping the light switch down as I came out, looking downstairs.

"Where is everyone?"

"The hospital," He replied.

"And why didn't they wake me up?" I demanded.

"Because I volunteered to run back here and do it."

"Oh, because seeing you first thing in the morning is really what I want to do."

"Geez...Okay, Madi."

I sighed, following him downstairs and out of the door. I got into his car calmly, my heart not faltering or a blush creeping up in the least. It was either because Kevin was being a dick, I just wasn't in the mood, or beause Nick was in the hospital.

Probably all three.

"Are you upset with me, Madison?"

Gee, why ever would you think that, Kevin? "No, not at all."

He rolled his eyes annoyed, pulling out of the driveway. "Look, if you're pissed because of Danielle-."

"Why would I be upset because of her?"

Truth is, I was, but if he was happy, fuck what I thought. "Because of the way you acted around all my other girlfriends."

"They never liked you for you, Kevin. They always wanted to get to Joe or needed help passing a class."

He sighed softly, not taking his eyes off of the road. "I know that now."

"Do you? How do you know that she isn't using you?"

His grip on the wheel tightened, and he increased his speed toward the hospital. "She isn't using me, Madison."

"Something seems off about her, Kevin."

"You talked to her for a second. How could you possibly know that?" He snapped.

"She just gave me that feeling."

"Wow. You must be really jealous."

"Jealous of her? Ha! Yeah."

"I'm not saying you're jealous of her exactly. More of what she has."

"And what does she have?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Me," He replied slowly, pulling into the parking lot.

Right about now was when I decided to have my heart sputter and the blush crept up. Thank you, really. Thanks. "What? I am not...jealous."

"Is that so?" He asked, pulling the keys out of ignition and looking at me dead on.

I swallowed hard, trying to tear my gaze away from his, but ultimately failing. "Y-Yeah. 'Course."

"I thought you had something of a crush on me back in the day."

I mustered up about all the courage I had in my body, looking him straight in the eye, my heart already breaking at what I was about to let escape my lips. "That was six years ago, Kevin. And a lot changes in six years. Especially you."

And with that, I was out of his car, and inside the hospital, already about to sit with my family and the rest of the Jonas family. "Mrs. Jonas, how're you holding up?"

"I'm doing fairly well, dear. The doctor has been very assuring."

"Good," I said with a smile and sitting next to Carmen, whom was texting Joe though he was right next to her. It might take me a little while to warm up to the rest of them, but Carmen was right back on track with Joseph. I kind of hoped that Joe knew, though. It would suck if two Jonas boys broke our hearts.

Kevin walked in, looking somewhat flustered as he sat next to Danielle. She forced a smile before retreating to the ladies room. I, being curious, followed her in there. Though, from what I heard her say, she never knew I went in there.

"Rachel, this is serious. I'm pregnant. What am I going to do?"

Kevin wouldn't...would he?

"I'm not telling Kevin. Are you fucking insane? He'd leave me in a heartbeat. Wait, no he wouldn't..He loves me too much."

She smirked at the idea, and I wanted to go punch her so bad. She was pregnant, but it wasn't his child! The nerve. He wasn't some fucking toy that she could play with when she wanted and toss to the side when he wouldn't screw her.

Wait, wouldn't he figure out she cheated when she had a bump? You can only be "fat" for so long before people start to suspect things.

"It's easy, Rach. I'll get rid of it. No one has to know."

My jaw dropped as she said that; she had the nerve to not only cheat on him, but now she was taking another life as well? Women like her make me sick. The only reason she wants to be with Kevin is for fame, and even after that, his money.

She ended the call, washing her hands slowly, and I walked out of the stall, pretending as if I hadn't heard a word. I made my way to the door, debating whether or not to tell Kevin. If I didn't tell him and he found out I knew, he'd be heartbroken. But if I told him, he'd be heartbroken.

I sighed shakily, returning to my seat before Denise looked at me. "What's the matter, Madison? You look as though you've just seen Satan."

Oh, I have. And he's a girl. "I'm alright. Just a little shaken up, I guess."

"Nick'll be alright, sweetheart. I promise."

"Yes ma'am."

It wasn't Nick that I was really worried about. It was Kevin and his happiness. The doctor came down the hall, taking in every one of our faces and looked at me.

"Are you Madison?"

"Y-Yes....Why?"

"Mr. Jonas wanted to see you first."

I swallowed hard, standing up. His parents and brothers seemed to be taken back, but they said nothing of how they felt. I decided to push my thoughts back, and not to worry about them later. At least then I could talk to Carmen about it. I followed him down the long hallway, taking the elevator to the fourth floor.

Once at his room, I opened the door slowly, and saw him smile weakly at me. He didn't look like total shit, but his face was pale and he looked tired.

"Hey Nicky. How do you feel?"

"I've felt worse," He admitted, sitting up.

I sat on his bed, stroking his hand softly, before placing a kiss on his cheek. "Why'd you want to see me first?"

"I had something I needed to tell you. I know it's been a while, but I trust you more than anyone, sunshine."

I cracked a smile at the use of his old nickname, and looked at him intently. "I'm all ears. What's up?"

"Madison...I'm...gay."

I almost choked, bringing my hand away from his quickly. My best friend. Nick Jonas. Was gay. Sure, it shocked the hell out of me, but I'm his best friend. I didn't exactly expect this. Okay, so maybe I kind of figured something was up, but I never once thought he was gay.

"You're..gay?" I asked again, just to confirm it.

"Yeah," He replied, smiling a little. "Are you going to run away screaming?"

"Please, Nick. It takes a lot more to scare me off."

"So you don't think I'm weird?"

"No. Hell, if anything, I'm relieved."

He laughed lightly. "And why is that?"

"Because you can't break my heart."

"Thanks," He replied, his smile fading a bit. I could tell that he was worried about Kevin and myself, but he said nothing because he knew I didn't need or want him to. I hugged him tightly, apologizing for everytime I said he needed a girlfriend. He said that he only discovered this recently, so that made me feel a little better.

"Madison..how do you think the fans will take it?"

"Well, if they really love you, they'll accept you."

"Thank you. And my parents?"

I sighed softly. The truth is, I don't know how they'd take it. They're really religious, old-fashioned, and I doubt they'd be thrilled that their second youngest is gay. But they'd get over it. Eventually.

"I don't know, to be honest, Nick. But I'm sure your brothers will be okay with it. Joe might be the hardest to let it sink in, but I'm sure everyone will adjust. I'm glad you told me first, though, Nick. I'll always be here for you. You know that, right?"

"I do. Thank you."

"Anytime, Nicky. Anytime."

"I love you, Madi."

"And I love you, Nick."
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe :D
At least it ended happily...
BUT there were two shockers in there. One of which you might have guessed, or both. Who knows? Tell me what you think, please?

Who should Nick be with? Any suggestions?

Leave some love! (:

Thanks you guys (: