‹ Prequel: Falling To Pieces

All You Need Is Love

Never Would Have Thought

I laid in the hot tub, thinking about what Olivia said. I pretty much tried to ignore her the past few days, hoping she wouldn't talk anymore. She acted too much like a mom to me. I wondered where my best friend went.

Yes, I did want to know where the money came from, why he had it, and why he never used it. But it's not like I was going to yell at him. I'd ask calmly, and not ask too many questions. Olivia sent me a text last night saying he was probably a drug dealer. I shook that idea off, knowing he couldn't be.

The back door closed and I looked up to see Caleb walking outside with Serena. Regan must have been sleeping because he also carried a baby monater.

He set down the small radio and handed Serena to me. I took her, kissing her cheek and holding her in my lap so she wouldn't drown.

He stepped in and kissed my cheek lightly. I took in a deep breath, choosing my words carefully.

"Caleb. I have to ask.. where is all this money coming from?" I asked, pointing to my bag laying on the grill.

He checked over, then looked back at me and shrugged. "A friend."

"When did this 'friend' give it to you?" I asked again.

He looked a little nervous, but answered almost right away. "A few weeks ago. I wanted to save it up a little so maybe we could... move out." He murmured.

I eyed him. I knew this 'friend' couldn't have been real. Caleb didn't have any friends that dumb.

But of course, I shrugged it off and got out. I walked back into the house with Serena on my hip.

---------------------------

Later, I walked into mine and Caleb's room. A hand full of clothes, and the other was holding a baby bottle filled with warm milk. I smiled and handed Regan the bottle and watched him suck on it.

I giggled and opened my closet. I noticed there had been something pressed against the wall that I never noticed before. A cardboard cut out of a peace sign. This wasn't here. I didn't buy it, and Caleb couldn't have bought it.

I picked it up, my plan being to throw it away.

I did a double-take, looking back at the huge hole that was now in the wall. My mouth dropped open as I saw stacks of money. I wasn't sure if I wanted to feel happy, or angry with him.

I dropped the sign and stomped down the stairs. Things running through my mind as fast as possible. I wanted to kill him now. He had money and didn't tell me? Did he have a job already? And I didn't know about it? Was this why he could never find a job?

I walked into the living room and stopped. I saw Nathan and my dad sitting on the couch, dad looking pissed and Nathan looking worried.

I froze. No, not daddy. Not now. Not in the middle of all this.

He looked over at me. "Shilo. What is this?" He pointed towards Serena who was held by Nathan. I gulped and watched the floor, hoping it would pull me through like some Freddy movie.

"Nathan and Serena." I muttered.

"And what are they doing here?" He asked. I knew he already knew.

"Nathan and another guy, Caleb, is staying with us for a little while.." I bit my lip.

"And the baby?"

"She's mine.."
♠ ♠ ♠
And the father knows! =O

Comments are lovely! xD

--CHRISTA