‹ Prequel: Falling To Pieces

All You Need Is Love

Breaking News

I couldn't stand living under the same roof as Olivia any more. I really couldn't. She treated me like a little kid, took over my kids, and even yelled at Caleb for things he didn't do. Or did do.

I wanted to tell my daddy about Serena and Regan. I wanted him to know me and Caleb were together, and I wanted his blessing that I could see Caleb. I wanted Olivia to get off her ass and take care of her own child more so that I could move out. Sure, daddy was letting us stay here but I wanted my own place. Now that all this money had shown up at random, I was ready for my own place. Maybe I could get Caleb to buy us a really nice cabin, or maybe a small house with a barn.

I knew she worked, but she worried about too many other things. During the day, I cleaned. I really did. What did she do? Come in after me and cleaned again, saying it wasn't done right.

Nathan wouldn't talk to her, I wouldn't ask Caleb, so it had to be me. When, I wasn't sure. But it needed to be soon.

I groaned and fell on my bed. I turned on the tv and heard the news theme song. I was ready to turn it when I heard, "breaking news!"

I sat up and listened to the news dude.

"In other news, money had been reported stolen from more than one place. Peoples Bank called in $300 this morning had suddenly went missing. And several people have called in that their houses have been broken into, nothing being taken but money. Oddly enough, nobody seems to have seen this thief."

I bit my lip and looked at the closet door. No, not Caleb. He wouldn't steal, would he?

I heard foot steps and quickly turned off the tv. He walked in and smiled at me. "Hey, baby."

I nodded. "Hi."

"You okay?" He asked, sitting next to me.

"Sure." I smiled.

No, I wasn't. A thief was sitting next to me. How would you feel?
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually had this chapter already written because I had to get the idea off my head. Ashley's chapter fit, so I just added this xD

---Christa