Status: Active. :]

Someone, Somewhere

Chapter 2: Information Needed

“Who wants to go to a concert?” My friend, Sierra asked.
“Never been to one.” I responded.
“What? Oh my God! Why don’t you just stab me?” She yelled back.
“I told you. I just grew up with the music. I was a very deprived child.” I joked.
“You must have been!” She yelled back.
I met Sierra, Andrew, Alex, and Cassandra the night I moved here, 2 years ago. We all got along pretty well. We all lived together in a large condo. I still live under the name Autumn, and my story is that I moved to New York in search of my sister, who is still missing. Sierra, Andrew, Alex, and Cassandra are all in a band called Scream For Silence. They were in search of a new lead singer, when I moved here. I didn’t know much about singing, but I knew I had a voice. After, begging and pleading they let me front their band. We tour small parts of New York. It’s how we afford this condo, and all of our instruments.
“Well, it looks like Asking Alexandria will be in Time Square tomorrow night! Autumn, shall I book the tickets?” Andrew asked me.
“I could see them live?” I asked, my twinkling with delight.
“Perfect band to see for your first concert! I’ll book us tickets.” He turned back to his laptop.
Just then, Alex came walking through the doors. After giving a hello kiss to Cassandra, his girlfriend, he proceeded to speak to us.
“Guy! Great news! We’re going on tour tomorrow!” He screamed.
“What?”
“That’s great!”
“With who?” I asked.
He slowly walked over to me, and put his hands on my shoulder.
“You, of all people, will be the most excited to hear that we are going on tour with Asking Alexandria!”
“Are you serious?” I screamed in delight.
“Yes, your favorite band’s opening act quit last night, and I just happened to be at Sumerian Records this morning! I pitched them our demo, and they loved it!”
We, then, proceeded to do a little happy dance.
“Okay, we have 5 hours to pack, and then we go to meet the guys!” Alex screamed.
“Autumn! We have to get you hooked up with one of the guys from AA!” Sierra screamed.
“No, honestly, being in their presence is enough. I don’t need to date any of them.” I insisted.
Every since I moved here, Sierra has tried to get me with guys. She simply thinks because she has a boyfriend that I should, too. Luckily, I have Cassandra to defend me.
“Sierra! I’ve told you. If she wants your help, she will ask for it!” She screamed.
“Fine! But, at least, tell me who you’d rather be with?” She begged.
“Only if you promise not to try to get that person and me together!” I forced.
“I swear!”
“Promise.”
“I promise!”
“Okay, uh, let me think,” I thought, and I thought.
“No one really seems to come to mind.” I responded.
“Come on, you must like someone!” She pleaded, “Ben?”
“No, too rugged.”
“Sam?”
“Too cute.”
“James?”
“He has a girlfriend.”
“Oh. Cameron?”
“I just don’t find him attractive.”
“Danny is the only one left. What about Danny?” She pleaded, with puppy dog eyes.
She waited for my response, and as I glanced around the room, everyone else was, too.
“I guess, a little.” I whispered.
“Yes! I knew it! I knew you liked Danny!” She jumped up and down like a circus clown, and danced all around me, pointing her bony little finger at me.
“I have to pack!” I ran to my bedroom.
“You embarrassed her!” I heard Cassandra scream at Sierra.
Then, I heard footsteps, near my door. The next thing I know, Cassandra was sitting beside me on my bed, telling me everything was going to be fine. I hoped so.
Ever since running away, 2 years ago, my self-esteem, and confidence is gone. Everyone tells me I’m a beautiful person, but I just don’t see it. I feel worthless for all because of all of the things I did so long ago. I force myself to walk past bars, and alleyways. I know if I go in there, I’ll fall back into my old ways. I don’t want that. And, I hate myself because I’m so vulnerable.
“I just feel like she’s trying to break you out of your shell.” Cassandra explained.
“She’s going about all the wrong way. Maybe I don’t want to be broken out.” I whispered to her.
“I know you do. I can tell. Every time you’re on stage, you have that twinkle in your eye. I can see it all the way from the drums.”
“The stage is my most comfortable place. I feel like I can be myself, and still be protected. But, I don’t want to be broken out of shell.” I demanded.
“Then what do you want?” Cassandra asked.
I pondered this for a moment before responding.
“I want to break out of my shell, myself.” I replied.
“Well, you can have lots of practice on this tour. Get yourself packed. I’ll see you downstairs.” She walked to my door.
“And, Autumn. No one cares about your past. You can’t let the past steal your present. And, maybe it would be good to put some flirting moves on the Danny Worsnop. It might do you good.” She winked as walked out of door.
I, sighed, thinking only of the tour, and ways to branch out. The next 2 months were going to be fun.