Status: Active. :]

Someone, Somewhere

Chapter 3: Oh, Wow. There He Is.

"Autumn! Are you done packing yet?" Sierra screamed at the top of her lungs.

This condo is so large, that I barely heard her.

"One more outfit and I will be!” I screamed back.

I, honestly, had finished packing an hour ago. Now, I was trying my best to wipe the smile off of my face. Despite the sour answers I gave Sierra earlier, I had secretly been dying inside to meet Danny Worsnop. I wasn’t a crazed stalker, or even a fan girl. Danny Wornsop, to me, was the King of Metal-Core Screamo. He was only 2 years older than me but I felt he was already a legend that had been around for many years. I felt he had experienced the worst and best of the music industry. I believed him to be incredibly wise, and he was my role-model. It just didn’t help at all that he was the most gorgeous man I had ever seen. And, that is why I wore this smile.

I had been trying my best to hide my smile. Thinking about dead puppies, and even my past. But, none of the things could bring my smile to cease. I even tried to think of an excuse. I was excited for tour? I was excited about meeting my favorite band? If I didn’t believe it, no one else would either. But, if I was going find an excuse I would have to do not, because I heard footsteps nearing my door. Cassandra burst into my room.

“Tell me your done packing? I'm sick of hearing Sierra complain!” She yelled at me, jokingly.

I sat on my bed and looked at her.

“I’ve been done for an hour.” I confessed.

“Really? Then what have you been doing up here?” She yelled again.

I thought about telling her, but she’d freak and possibly tell Sierra. Or worse? Tell Danny.

“Nothing.” I smiled, because nothing meant something, and that something meant Danny Worsnop. She knew this.

“You’re smile says otherwise. Are you fantasizing about Danny Worsnop?” She whispered, so only I could hear her.

I couldn’t say anything. I just closed my eyes and smiled.

“You do like Danny!” She burst.

She slowly walked over to me.

“You’re afraid to like him, aren’t you?” This woman could read minds.

“I’m not a fan girl, and I don’t love him. He’s like my hero. He’s a…” I couldn’t finish.

“A sexy beast of a man, though a hero, none the less.” She finished for me, the words I was afraid to say.

“Right. And, I know he’s all about the sex, drugs, and alcohol and I can’t be around that anymore.” My smile faded, and a tear strolled down my cheek.

“Not all guys are like the one your sister had. Who knows? Maybe he’s a nice guy.” She comforted.

“He has a million fan girls, 10 times prettier than me, throwing themselves at him. You’re telling me he’s not going to give in?” I questioned.

“You’re afraid for him to be a nice guy, aren’t you?” She was so good at reading people. I hated that.

“If he’s not a nice guy, then I can stay clear of him and be safe. I’m used to being safe.” I answered, in a hushed tone.

“But, if he’s a nice guy, you wouldn’t have a reason to stay clear of him. I understand this, like you would not believe.” She hugged me, and whispered in my ear.

“I know you understand it. Way more than I was hoping, and that’s why I need you to keep this a secret from Sierra, and especially Danny.” I begged.

“Your secret is safe with me. And, I am going to trust that you’ll find a way to tell if Danny is a nice guy or not. And, if he is, that you’ll make the right moves.” She smiled at me, a smile that read that everything was going to be okay.

I smiled and hugged her back.

“Now, let’s get your bags and go meet your favorite band!” She took one of my bags and began to walk out of the door.

“What the…? What is in this suitcase?!” She yelled.

“Shoes.” I saw her smile.

“Well, at least, you’re a typical girl.” She commented as we descended the stair case into the living room.

As soon as we stepped foot into the living room, Sierra jumped up and ran to us.

“It’s about time!” We have to go! We have 20 minutes until we have to be there!” She said, yanking the suitcase from my hand.

“Sierra, Sumerian Records is 2 blocks away. If we walked there, we could make it in 5 minutes!” Alex told her.

“She’s anxious to meet Ben.” Andrew explained.

“What happened to Skylar?” I asked.

“Oh, I’m still with him, but he’s not coming with me, and we’re on break.”

All of a sudden, my cell phone rang “Not the American Average”.

“What perfect timing!” Alex yelled.

Sierra gave Alex a dirty look. I looked at my phone, and saw a number I didn’t recognize. I pressed the talk button and put the phone to my ear.

“Hello?” I said.

“Amber! Oh my God, Amber. It’s mommy, honey! Amber?” A woman’s voice screamed.

I hadn’t heard that voice since I was 17.

I quickly hung up the phone. I couldn’t believe my mother had found me after 3 years.

“Who was that? Cassandra asked.

I looked at her.

“Wrong number; I don’t know.” I whispered.

I suddenly felt the urge to get the hell out of there.

“Sierra is right. Let’s go.” I ran to the car, but in the place of Sierra’s escalade, was a giant tour bus with our band logo on the side. Our logo is a sexy she-devil with blood red letters “SFS” on the bottom.

“My daddy’s birthday present for me.” Sierra explained.

Sierra was the kind of girl that loved rock n’ roll by choice. She had never had anything tragic or drastic to happen in her life. She just fell in love with the music. With her perfectly tousled, long, blonde hair, big blue eyes, and perfect facial features, she managed to persuade her dad of everything Scream for Silence needed. The bus was a perfect example. Cassandra, however, grew up in the rough tracks of Brooklyn, New York. Most of her family had been subject to gang violence. She had lost 3 brothers to drugs and alcohol, when she was still young. One, of which, was murdered after a drug deal went wrong. This was what persuaded her to pick up the drum sticks. Alex was from a quiet, wealthy Canadian family that moved to the U.S. after his parents banking business failed. He played local bars, and clubs as a teen to keep up with his family’s spending habits. Andrew was a normal kid that grew up with normal parents. His parents died when he was 13 of a car accident, and he was tortured for his choice of music. I seemed to be a combination of all of these things. We fit together like a family.

I crawled onto the bus and took a seat on the brand new couch. Alex drove us to Sumerian Records, which no more than 3 minutes from out condo. The ride was quiet, all except the Asking Alexandria music blaring from everyone’s headphones. We parked on the sidewalk, and piled off of the bus. The clerk behind the desk led us to an office in the very back. The sign above the door read “Private Meeting. Do Not Enter.” Everyone walked right in. All, that is, except me. I lingered a few minutes outside the door. I had to gather myself together before I saw them, or I’d fall to pieces at their feet.

“Hi, I’m Sierra. I play bass.” Sierra introduced herself.

“I’m Alex, I play guitar.”

“I’m Andrew, I play guitar.”

“I’m Cassandra, I ‘m the drummer”

“Where’s your singer?” I heard a man ask.

I was sure it was Danny. This made me smile. All of a sudden, Cassandra was pulling me into the room. I instantly connected eyes with him. And, by ‘him’, I mean Danny Worsnop. Our eyes met and it felt as if everything that ever happened to me was now forgotten, Danny and I were the only ones in this room.

“This is Autumn, she sings and screams. She’s also a bit shy.” Cassandra introduced me.

“Hello,” Danny said directly to me.

I couldn’t take it. I hid behind Alex.

“I’ve seen her before. She went missing a couple of years ago.” Ben questioned.

I was shocked that anyone ever paid enough attention to that News Bouliton to remember my face. I listened for someone in my band to deny it, but to my disappointment, no one did.

“No, that was her twin sister. We have been over this. Her twin sister, Amber, went missing.” Danny corrected Ben.

I retreated from Alex and walked up to Danny.

“How do you know that?” I asked.

“Danny has been a little obsessed with you and your sister.” Cameron replied.

“Mostly you, though.” Sam commented.

“No, I just did my research, and paid more attention to Autumn.” Danny established.

This would have frightened most people, but I felt kind of flattered. Still, I felt the need to stay clear of him.

“If you don’t mind, Can we get down to business?” Mr. Timmons asked of us.

Asking Alexandria sat on the right side of the long table, so Scream For Silence sat on the left. I sat at the opposite end of the table from Danny. I had never met him before, and he knew so much about me. It’s just too bad that most of the things he knew are lies.

“Well, because of Mr. Worsnop’s recent rehab visits, I have been asked to set new ground rules for this tour. Rule number one: Absolutely no alcohol, drugs, or sex on any tour bus, or venue grounds. Rule number two: No drugs in hotel rooms. They want to wipe out the drug use all together. And, last but not least, Rule number three: All members of both bands must report to hotel rooms or tour buses by midnight, every night. Is this a problem for anyone?” Mr. Timmons explained.

Mr. Timmons studied each of our faces. When he got to mine, I looked at Danny. He gave me thumbs up, and I nodded to Mr. Timmons.

“Well, good. Who’s ready for rehearsal?” Mr. Timmons asked.

The whole room burst out in screams.

“Let’s go!”

Everyone quickly ran out of the room, and I stayed behind exiting last. Danny was outside waiting for me. I walked passed him, trying my best to catch up to the others.

“Hey, wait!” Danny screamed to me.

“What?” I mumbled, mostly to myself.

“Yes.” Danny simply stated.

“Yes what?” I was utterly confused.

“Yes, I went to rehab for drugs, sex, and alcohol.” Danny explained.

“You say it like it’s good thing.” I replied.

“It is.” He responded.

“I don’t care about your personal life.” It sounded much more harsh, than I meant it to.

“Then, what care you care about?” He asked.

“I thought you already knew everything about me?” I challenged.

“I don’t know everything.” Danny smiled. This made me open up a little.

“Uh, I care a lot about music.” I replied.

“Well, that’s good since you’re in a band.” He made fun of me.

I scoffed and walked ahead of him.

“I’m sorry,” he tried to catch up to me; “I’m not good at this.” He stated, as he stopped in front of me.

“Not good at what?” I screamed.

I was secretly freaking out inside because Danny Worsnop trying to talk to me. Oh, why do I have to be an awkward person?!

“I’m not good at talking to people I like. I freak out and say stupid stuff.” He confessed.

“Well, that makes two of us. There’s just one difference.” I stated.

“What’s that?” Danny replied, content in knowing.

“You have the courage to still talk.” I answered.

“You don’t like to talk?” He asked.

“Not usually. I like to keep to myself.” I replied.

“Well, you’re talking now.” Danny pointed out.

“Yeah, I am,” I realized,” I guess, you’re different from everyone else.”

“That’s because everyone else wants something from you. All I want is to get to know you.” He assured me.

I smiled, embarrassed, and he smiled, too.

“Well, how about you hear me sing and scream first? That’s where I’m most comfortable. On stage.” I asked him.

“Sure. Let’s go, then.”

He grabbed my hand and led me into the rehearsal room. I had just had a nice conversation with Danny Worsnop, and walked away smiling. I felt like a beast for accomplishing this task.