Status: Active. :]

Someone, Somewhere

Chapter 4: Rehearsal Times

Danny led me into the rehearsal room, where everyone was talking and waiting for us. Sierra was flirting with Ben by the guitar stands. Alex, Cassandra, Sam, and Cameron were talking by the sound booth, and James and Andrew were discussing the tour with Mr. Timmons. As we entered the room, Cassandra looked towards us.
“It's about time.” She yelled.
She winked at me.
“What were you guys doing?” Ben asked.
Danny shrugged his shoulders, “Just talking,” he answered.
“Yeah, right!” Sam joked.
“Talking leads to sex with Danny!” Cameron yelled.
“Guys, you known I've changed.” Danny corrected, a little annoyed.
“We know, Danny.”
“We're just kidding.”
“Guys, let's not waste anymore time. Can we get on with rehearsal?” Mr. Timmons asked.
“Awesome idea!” I walked to Cassandra, and we walked to the bus to get our equipment. Cassandra kept smiling at me, like I had accomplished a great deed. I didn't say a word to anyone, I just got my stuff and went back inside, leaving everyone else outside. When I got back inside I heard Danny and someone else talking through the door. I didn't open it I just listened.
“You really like her, dude?” I heard Cameron asked.
“Yeah, ever since her sister's story was all over the place I became obsessed with knowing everything about her. I really feel like I know her, and she is amazing on stage. She's so lively, but she never opens her eyes during their shows.” Danny complimented me.
“You've seen her live?” Cameron asked.
“I've seen Scream For Silence live a few times. What? You thought I was her stalker or something?” Danny asked.
“No, I just didn't know you liked the band, too.” Cameron replied.
“Yeah, but I really like her. She's been through a lot and I really feel like that if I get to know her more, she could be the one to understand what I have been through. She's the main reason I went to rehab. I don't want to the be the guy her sister ran away from.” Danny responded.
“Don't screw it up.” Cameron stated.
“I'm trying my best not to, but I think she thinks I'm still the old me. I tried to explain that I had gone to rehab and didn't do any of that stuff anymore, and she completely blew me off.” Danny told Cameron.
I felt bad for what I said to him. He was only trying to show me he was a better person than before.
“Well, show her you've changed.” Cameron said.
“I need to get to the know real her, instead of what I've researched.” Danny thought out loud.
“Well, then get to know her.” Cameron stated.
Danny was silent for a minute. I leaned closer to the door.
“I will.”
All of sudden, the door opened and Danny stepped through the door, bumping into me.
“Oh, Autumn, I'm sorry. Are you okay?” Danny asked, holding my arms, keeping from falling.
“Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks.” Danny smiled at me.
He obviously had no idea that I heard his conversation with Cameron. I smiled back at him.
“Ready, to hear me sing?” I asked him.
“Yeah, I just hope you can live to your reputation.” Danny challenged.
“I'm sure I can.” I challenged.
I walked back into the studio, where everyone, to my amazement, was set up and ready to go. I hadn't even know they were already in here and I was standing right outside the door. Danny, stunned that U had left him in the hallway, walked in behind me. I took my place in front of the band, and looked at the floor, terrified that Danny Worsnop was watching me. I tried to make myself as small as possibly. Praying no one would see me. Suddenly, all of that changed when Alex began, I couldn't seem to control myself any longer.

“Dry your eyes
Wipe away those tears
There's in them for you
Nothing but fear,” I screamed.

“Grab a lighter
End this pain
Set me on fire
End this never-ending rain
Track your every move
Walk out of here
Scream your name
Erase these tears” I sang.

The chorus was always my favorite part. I felt so free and alive during it.

“In vain is the cry
You cry into the night
You set me on fire
With every slap I fight
In vain is your cry
You cry into the night
I'll walk away this time
Try to hold me tight” I belted out.

Like Danny had said earlier, I always close my eyes during a song. I don't like being the center of attention at all, and if I see people staring at me, I can't continue. But, as I belted out the lyrics to our song, I felt I needed to change that. So, during the final chorus I decided to open my eyes for just a second. I saw James, Sam, Cameron, Ben, Mr. Timmons, and most intently, Danny, staring and watching me. I couldn't take it. I stopped singing. I tried to close my eyes again, but it was too late. I already knew I was the center of attention, and I couldn't handle that. My stomach starting churning and I knew that if didn't leave now, I'd vomit in front of everyone. I darted out of the studio, past the front office and out of Sumerian Records. I raced around a corner and hunched over a dumpster, just in time to vomit up everything I had for breakfast. A few seconds went by of constant vomiting, and I heard footsteps coming around the corner and getting closer to me. I felt I should be scared, but then I felt a warm, tingle inside me. I felt soft hands graze my neck as they held my long, brown hair out of my way. I couldn't see a face, but I knew it was Danny. My stomach was in knots and it wasn't because of my nerves. It was because of Danny's presence. All of a sudden, I stopped vomiting. I leaned up and wiped my mouth with sleeve.
“Are you done?” I heard Danny ask.
“Yeah, I think so.” My voice was raspy.
“What happened to you?” Danny asked when I was facing him.
“Nothing,” I answered, afraid for anyone to know what I was hiding.
“Don't give me that! What happened to you?” Danny demanded.
“I don't feel comfortable talking to you.” I replied.
“Why? I've tried talking to you all day, and you've given me the cold shoulder. Give me a chance.” Danny pleaded.
I felt sorry for him. I had been a little cold towards him.
“Fine. Okay.” I gave in. It really didn't take much.
“Good, now, what happened to you in there?” Danny asked, calmly.
“I opened my eyes and saw everyone staring at me.” I replied, as I sat on a ledge. Danny sat next to me.
“Why did that make you vomit?” Danny asked.
I pondered telling him for a minute. I had never told anyone before. Then, I figured it might do me good if someone knew, and who better to tell than Danny Worsnop.
“I don't like being the center of attention.” I answered.
“What do you mean?” Danny responded.
“I never open my eyes during a song. When I opened them in there, I could see that everyone was watching me. I felt so vulnerable.” I was on the brink of tears.
I buried my face into my hands and let a few tears escape. I, then, felt arms wrap around me. I wasn't used to that kind of affection. I wasn't used to any kind of affection, but Danny was hugging me. I let him hug me for a few seconds, but then I pulled away.
“I'm sorry, I never cry. I don't usually open up to people.” I dried my eyes.
Danny just sat back and looked at me.
“Why don't you open up to people?” He asked.
I had thought about this many times, and had only come up with one reason.
“I don't trust people.” I replied.
Now that I was saying it out loud, it felt more like an excuse to block myself away from the world.
“Well, I swear you can trust me.”Danny stated.
I smiled, but I was still a little skeptical.
“Prove it,” I challenged, “Make me trust you.”
Danny smiled, and I knew then it wouldn't take much for me to trust him.
“Well, let me tell the guys where we are going, and I will.” Danny challenged back as he pulled out a cell phone.
“Where are going?” I asked, coyly.
“You'll see. You'll like it,” He answered, “Trust me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have to finish typing up Chapter 5, and writing chapter 6. I hope you guys can wait.