Status: Active. :]

Someone, Somewhere

Chapter 5: Fall In and Out of Love

After Danny called Sam and told him we wouldn't be coming back to the studio, Danny led me through the winding streets of New York City. I had lived in NYC for 2 years and never really explored the city. There were so many sights that I hadn't seen. We were walking down Broadway when Danny had enough courage to hold my hand.
“It's very dangerous through here.” He explained his sudden display of affection.
I liked the feel of his fingers entwined with mine. His hand felt soft and safe. It was the first time in over 3 years, I truly felt safe. Our little adventure was interrupted by my cell phone ringing “Not The Amerin Average”. I quickly grabbed the phone and opened it.
“Amber!” A woman's voice screamed from my phone.
I quickly shut my phone and returned it to my pocket.
“Who was that?” Danny asked.
“I don't know.” I whispered.
That was a close call. Danny looked at me skeptically, but shrugged it off, as we continued on. We walked a few streets, before turning onto Main.
“Here we are.” Danny stopped in front of a small apartment building.
He led me up two flights of stairs, and down a long hallway. We came to a stop in front apartment number 313.
“This is my little studio apartment, for when I'm New York.” Danny explained as he pulled keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door.
We stepped into what must have been the living room, but it didn't look like a living room. There was a twin air mattress up against the wall, a laptop laying on the air mattress. Two wooden chairs sat around a small table, with a piece of paper laying on it, and an acoustic guitar was sitting in the corner. Danny led me to a chair and I sat down. Danny walked over and picked up the acoustic guitar, then sat down in the other chair, across from me. He picked up the piece of paper and handed it to me. There were lyrics on it.
“It's a song I've been working on. Will you sing it with me?” He asked me.
I nodded and he began to play the guitar and sing. I sung, softly, along with him.

It was you that told me I could do this
You put the music in my heart
And how you sang with the band in Memphis
It's hard just to be strong
Not knowing if I've done you proud
I like to imagine you smile when you hear my songs

His voice was so beautiful. I found myself staring at him, and completely forgetting about the song.

Even though I'm on my own
I know I'm not alone
Cuz, I know there's someone, somewhere
Praying that I make it home
So here's one from the heart
My life right from the start
I need a home sweet home
To call my own

There were more lyrics on the page, but he stopped after the first chorus. I continues to stare at him. His voice replayed in my head. He put the guitar and turned back to me. I snapped out of my daze as he spoke to me.
“What do you think?” Danny asked.
“I think it's amazing. I'm not sure what is has to do with trust, but it's truly amazing. What's it called?” I asked, noticing there wasn't a title on the page.
“I haven't really gotten around to naming it, yet.” He confessed.
“I think you should name it 'Someone, Somewhere'” I thought out loud.
“'Someone, Somewhere'? Why do you think that?” He asked.
“I don't know. Those words jumped out at me.” I explained.
“Huh? Someone, Somewhere? I love it.” He agreed.
“Good, now, explain to me how this helps build trust towards you.” I challenged.
“Uh, it doesn't,” he and I both laughed, “but I may know a way to do that.” He stood up and returned the guitar to the corner.
He grabbed my hand and led me out of the apartment, and onto the street. We walked in the opposite direction that we had before. We had only walked 2 blocks when Danny stopped in front of a police station. Danny turned to me with a serious face.
“Autumn McPherson, trust me, when I say I am going to help you find your missing sister.” Danny was dead serious. I was dead scared.
Danny was going to find out that I' not Autumn, but rather the missing sister, Amber. I couldn't let that happen.
“You don't have to do that.” I insisted.
“I want you to trust me.” Danny replied, dragging me closer to the police station.
“Then, let's have sex, and I trust that you'll wear a condom, and have no diseases.” I begged.
“No, I want you to trust me for real. On a deeper connection” Danny pulled me through the doors.
“What's deeper than sex? I do trust you!” I yelled.
“I haven't even proven it, yet, and I want to,” Danny drug me to the front desk.
“No!” I yelled, but it was too late.
“I'd like to see the case files for missing person Amber McPherson, please.” Danny asked the officer behind the desk.
“Only family members can view the files.” The officer replied.
“This is Autumn McPherson, Amber's twin sister.” Danny replied.
“Oh!” The officer left the desk and went in the back.
A few minutes later he came back with an open folder.
“According to my records, Amber McPherson does not have a twin sister.” The officer told Danny and I.
“What? That's impossible. She has to have a twin sister.” Danny argued.
“Nope. Got a younger brother, but no twin sister.” The officer assured.
“Then, that must mean...” Danny turned to me, but I was already making my way to the door.
I ran outside onto the street in tears. I heard Danny behind me, yelling.
“Autumn? Autumn! Wait!” he yelled.
I stopped and turned around.
“My name is not Autumn, it's Amber.” Danny had caught up to me.
“Why would you use a false I.D?” Danny screamed at me.
“I don't want to talk about it.” I urged.
“Oh, my God! You still can't trust me? I was about to sabotage the tour to help you look for this missing sister, and...wait? Who called you earlier?” Danny asked, almost in a whisper.
I hated answering him.
“My mother.” I replied, sobbing.
“Oh, my God. How am I supposed to trust you? I can't believe the girl I fell in love with is a complete fake and a total liar. What? Are you going to steal my lyrics and use them for your own?” Danny demanded.
“No, I would never do that1” I screamed, and cried harder.
Danny was yelling so many things at me. I just wanted to crawl in a corner and die. I felt like shit standing before Danny Worsnop. I also noticed that I shrunk myself into a small thing of a person as Danny continued to yell.
“I can't believe you. I'm sorry, but I don't believe you” And, with that I watched him walk away.
I watch the one thing I ever truly loved walk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Typing Chapter 6. lol It's 5:03 in the morning.