Status: Active. :]

Someone, Somewhere

Chapter 7: Meant To Be

After Danny and I left the restaurant, we began to make our way back to the studio. That's where out tour buses were. Sumerian Records closed at 9, so we expected everyone to be on a bus, asleep. But when we got back to the buses at twelve thirty, we saw Andrew standing outside our tour bus. As we walked closer, I saw that Andrew was pissed.
“Andrew? What are you doing out here?” I asked him.
“Ben and Sierra are in Sierra's bunk, and Cassandra and Alex are on the couch. They aren't letting anyone in!” Andrew yelled.
I looked at Danny with a worried expression.
“You can sleep on our couch.” Danny insisted.
Andrew sighed in relief.
“Aw, thank you man!” Andrew yelled, hugging Danny.
He wasted no time scrambling onto the AA tour bus. I had a thought and I turned to Danny.
“If they aren't letting Andrew in, then I can't go in either.” I worried.
“Well, then I guess you'll have to sleep on the AA bus as well.” Danny insisted.
“Is that a good idea?” I asked him.
“Autumn, nothing is going to happen.” Danny assured me, though I didn't really believe him. He could sense this.
“If you're still worried than I will sleep on the other couch, and you can take my bunk.” Danny offered.
I smiled, because I liked that he thought enough of me to give me his bunk.
“Thanks, you're such a gentleman.” I complimented.
Danny smiled and before I knew it, his lips met mine. For a few seconds, his lips were on mine, and time stood still. Then, he pulled away and smiled. Danny walked to the bus and held the door open for me. I stepped on the AA bus and Danny showed me where his bunk was. Underneath James and beside Sam. I climbed in and Danny kissed my forehead before he walked to the front of the bus. I fell asleep thinking about the tour, and more excitingly, my date.

I awoke the next morning to a scream of anger, followed by two loud thuds. I removed the covers from my body and jumped up. As I ran to the front of the bus, and I saw Ben in just his boxers, Sierra in just her bra and undies, and Danny and Andrew sprawled on the floor.
“Why did you scream?” Danny yelled.
“We're trying to sleep!” Andrew yelled.
“Sorry! Didn't expect to see you guys on the couch.” Ben apologized.
Sierra tried her best to cover herself up while holding onto Ben, as they trudged to Ben's bunk.
“Don't forget you have a show in 3 hours!” Danny yelled.
“3 hours?! It's 3 o'clock!” I yelled running to Danny.
Danny nodded as if it were no big deal. I quickly found my shoes and walked towards the front of the bus.
“Where are you going?” Danny asked, concerned.
“I have something to do before the show.” I mumbled.
“You have three hours until the show. You can't wait until I can go with you.” Danny asked.
“No, I have to go now. It will take me 3 hours to get it done.” I opened the bus door and stepped out.
Before I shut the the door, I heard Andrew explain where I was going.
“She's honoring her missing sister.” I heard Danny gasp.
I quickened my pace and zoomed through New York City. I knew Danny was going come after me, and I also knew I'd be in for a lecture if he found me, but I had something to do. I always did this ritual before a concert, as a way of saying that one day I will come clean about my true identity. I stopped just in front of a monument. And not just any monument. The monument of National Arts. Something I had always held dear to me. I stood there and stared. I heard footsteps, which isn't unusual because there are hundreds of thousands of people in New York City, especially this early in the morning, but I distinctly heard these footsteps approaching me. I didn't need to turn around to know that the footsteps belonged to Danny. Danny's footsteps led him directly beside me, and he stared at the monument. I looked at his face, which was surprisingly cheerful, and happy. I expected anger or even upset. We stood in silence for a few minutes just staring at the monument.
“Andrew told me you loved the National Arts.” Danny spoke, ending the silence.
“Amber does.” I answered.
“You are Amber.” Danny corrected, the cheerful, happy expression never leaving his face.
“No, this new person I created, her twin sister, is like her in almost every way, but I truly think I have become Autumn.” I said, my eyes still not leaving the monument.
“When did you decide this?” Danny asked, almost chuckling.
“Yesterday. I know I am Autumn, and I have three important reason behind this.” The reasons had left an impression on the front of my brain, and never left my thoughts.
“Yeah? What are they?” Danny asked, a little sarcastic. But I was being serious.
“Amber would be drinking, partying and doing drugs. Amber would never have a successful career. And, most dear to me, Amber would be in love with the old, druggie, alcoholic Danny Worsnop. Only Autumn would fall in love with the new, kind, respectful, clean, gentleman Danny Worsnop,” I turned to Danny, “And I have.”
Before Danny could speak, I rambled about my theory.
“Cassandra said I was in love with you before I met you, but I thought I had to meet a person to love them. I also thought you were still the kind of guy I would have fallen for three years ago.” My mumbling and rattling on and on meant one thing.
I was afraid for him to love me back. I was scared of a relationship. I was so terrified that I would fall back into my old ways, and start doing the bad things that lead me to this very spot, today. So scared that I wasn't even giving him a chance to speak. I just continued on.
“I'm sort of afraid to fall back in love, but once I knew I could trust you, I knew I could fall in love with you without getting hurt.” Danny walked to stand directly in front of me, all the while I continued to talk to him in a super fast, and high-pitched voice. Cutting me off mid sentence, Danny crashed his lips to mine. And this wasn't just a kiss. It was passionate, deep, and moving. Electricity filled my veins, and I knew this was his way of saying he was in love with me, too. Even if it made no sense of how two people could fall so madly in love while only knowing each other for two days. But just to think of what has happened in those two days is enough to understand why. Danny knew everything about me that no one else knew. And he accepted me as I am. Which might have been the one thing I was searching for the whole time. I also was thinking all of these rational, complicated thoughts while kissing the most gorgeous and gracious man in the world. I realized I must have been doing a horrible job kissing back, so I focused more on the kiss, and less on my thoughts. Once I was focused on kissing Danny, the kiss deepened, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, and Danny hugged my waist. Danny broke apart from me, smiling a white, toothy grin, but continued his grasp around me.
“I thought you wanted to get to know me first.” I breathed out.
Danny chuckled, and I could feel his heartbeat through his chest. It was beating in the same rhythm as mine.
“I just learned everything about you that I wanted to know.” Danny also exhaled, catching his breathe after the amazing kiss.
“Oh, really? What's that?” The lack of oxygen was really getting to my brain, that or Danny Wornsop's kiss was making me woozy.
“I know that you love me. I've waited a whole day and half to hear that you love me.” I cracked an embarrassed smile, even though I was confused by his words.
“But you've only known me for a day and half. You loved me before we met?” I asked, removing my arms around his shoulders, and grabbing his hand.
“I'm one of those people that doesn't have to meet someone to love them. I knew I loved you the first time I saw you on stage.” Danny was speaking from the heart, and if I wasn't holding his hand I would have melted right onto the sidewalk.
“I think I loved you when I first saw you, too, but I was so afraid that I didn't notice.” I confessed.
“I'm glad you got over your fear.” Danny smiled and pecked my lips.
“Well, I guess this first date tonight is going to mean a little something more.” I flirted.
“I think we just had our first date. Tonight will be our second.” Danny corrected.
“Two dates in one day; we really move fast. I still get to know everything about you, and you should know I kiss on the second date.” I joked, and Danny's laughter filled my ears like music.
Our lips met again for another kiss, and without a thought out loud we began walking back to the tour bus, hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry its really late!