Carson & Caroline

1/1

“Come in. ” I called when someone knocked on the door as Honey slid from my lap to the edge of my desk. The door opened and my security stepped aside to allow Ricardo to enter. Ricardo was relatively young at about 23 but knew his manners. He bowed his head slightly at me from where I was seated. I put my boots on the desk and intertwined my fingers in my lap.

“Hello Carson.” He said. I tipped my hat at him as I slid a pack of camel cigarettes from my jean pocket. I retived one and allowed Honey to light it. Once she did I took a drag then blew smoke in the air.

“Nice to see you. I heard you been been being drove mad on the streets.” I said with my infamous killer smile. Ricardo clenched his jaw.

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.” My own baby blues flew to his hazel orbs and he quickly looked away.

“Speak.” Ricardo swallowed and turned his gaze away from me. I swung my boots off the desk and Honey threw an almost alarmed look my way.
“What happened Ricardo?” I said calmly.

“Some cops found one of our brothels and someone squealed about a few things.” I turned to meet Honey’s gaze. She smiled as she slid off the desk and walked toward Ricardo. He tensed and she smiled as she passed him.

Her gold heels made no sound on the carpet as she went to my security and whispered in his ear. The muscled man nodded and closed the door. Honey glanced back at me and nodded. She raised the clingy gold dress, showing off the garter belt that held a few lethal looking knives. Honey then hid herself behind a large potted plant in the corner. All the while Ricardo’s gaze was on me.

“What brothels are you talking about Rici?” I asked sweetly around the stick in my mouth. He licked his lips.

“The police busted our-” I held up my hand.

“Rici stop. I gave you money to start a hotel. You said that’s what you wanted to do. But instead you started a brothel? I thought I knew you better.” I said hurt filling my voice as I put a hand over my heart. Ricardo looked startled.

“But Carson . . .” I shook my head.

“Get the fuck out my office Ricardo I told you how my sister died from that shit and you turn around and do the same. Damn mate I thought I had finally found a friend.” I spat taking the stick from my mouth and glaring at him.

“Carson man you can’t do this.” Ricardo started as I walked past him.

“I can still see her, her blond her blowing in the wind as she escorted some old pervert to his backseat. It’s fuckin sick and here you are involved in that business.” I said making it sound as if I was choking on the tears that where trickling down my face. Ha I was a master at crocodile tears.

I brushed past the potted plant and saw a flicker of gold. Ricardo lunged after me sputtering. Once he reached the door Honey struck as quickly as a snake. Her blade was at his throat while her other hand coveted his mouth.

I reached out and snagged a tiny wire from his breast pocket. You think the cops could do better. He choked and she quickly covered her mouth to prevent another sound from slipping past his lips.

“It was good seeing you Ricardo.” I said as he stared up at me in surprise. I shut of the transmission. Honey lslammed the kinife hilt into his throat. He crumpled and i inhaled on my stick. His eyes widened as security returned and carried him back into the office.

“You're lethal." I told Honey. She shrugged and pecked my cheek.

"Being a hired gun will do that to you." I slung an arm around her waist.

"You? With a gun instead of your knives?" I shuddered.

She scoffed. Ricardo was struggling to speak but the blow to his throat stopped that. I let go of Honey and pulled a gun from my slacks. It had a silencer on it and the man's eyes bulged. It was satisfying being on the other side of the gun teaching someone a lesson.

“Can you leave us now Mr. Hill?" Yeah I knew the security's name. I just chose not to get attached to people who where basically my human shields. He nodded then hurriedly exited the room. I pulled my hat off and set it on the desk then shook my hair out.

“I’m still wearing my stage make up so you probably can’t tell this but I’m female Rici. My name is Caroline. My brother was killed in a brothel after we where kidnapped. So now I own these streets and I now I am the master, the pimp, the boss, the mother fucker in charge. Do you understand? And no one, you hear me you fucking snitch no one double crosses me and lives to tell a soul.” I shot him point blank in the head then put my gun away.

“You know what to do Honey.” I said sitting back down after fixing my hair and putting my hat back on. My best friend and ex-hooker herself nodded and changed into Ricardo’s clothes. She replaced the wire then left. She'd slip out the side door quickly. The only glimpse people would see was Ricardo's clothes. Her face would be hidden by a hat and the dim lighting.

She acted like my girlfriend as I acted like a man making myself known in new York's seamy underbelly. Most girls who escape from human trafficking never want to go back or/and want to help the girls they used to be like. Fuck that. I wanted to be the one ordering the hits, selling off the girls and boys and saying who got to sell my shit ware. Security came back and took away the body, once he was gone I texted Honey.

Make sure Mr. Hill iis let off and that his wife get’s the check.

She texted me back a few moments later.

;) got ya

I smirked as I set back down and finished my smoke. I wasn’t that girl standing on the corner dressed in fur and faux jewels waiting for the man that was supposed to escort to a party then fuck him where ever he wanted.

No I was the women who pressed a blade against the girls back and whispered wicked promises that made her shake and wish someone was there to save her as I pushed her onto the streets.

Just like I wished before I saw Carson laying dead after a costumer took his S&M games far. My twin lying naked and bruised, just another dead whore. I pushed the thoughts away as I flicked my ashes into an astray. This was my town and I wouldn’t let anyone take it from me.