Sequel: My Own Glory
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Just One Cup

New Life

It was a long drive. She had driven for the past six hours nonstop. The bright lights from the other cars flying by her just urged her to press the gas pedal further to the floor of her Chevy Tahoe. In a foreign city, she wanted nothing more than to reach her destination.

Danni was tired. So much happened in the past few months. She was promoted in her job which ended up sending her to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Not only was her whole life joining her but so was her goddaughter, Madison. The four year old was fast asleep in the back. As Danni looked through the rear view mirror, it was evident that she had no care in the world. This transition was nothing to her, defiantly not as life changing as it was for Danni.

She looked so much like her mother, it hurt Danni to look at her sometimes. But Madison's mother was her best friend. When the question came up about taking Maddi in, Danni couldn't help but volunteer.The girl had nothing.

Danni let out a sigh of relief when she turned into the drive way of her new two story house. She parked the car and turned it off, resting her head against the back of her seat. "I'm home." She got out of the car and went to pull Maddi out of her car seat. The little girl didn't stir as she was carried through the new house to her plain room. Danni kissed Maddi on the forehead and shut the bedroom door.

Boxes were scattered all over the rooms waiting to be unpacked. "It can wait till tomorrow." she mumbled before she headed to her own room. It was the same picture there; boxes and bins. She had a lot to do to finally be settled in but tomorrow she needed to go to work. Tomorrow everything would get put in motion.

----

Beep beep beep beep...../Slam!

Morning came too fast for Danni as she rolled over to stare at the blinking 6:00am on her alarm clock. Today was her first day at work in this mysterious city. She wasn't as nervous as she thought she'd be. She's been doing this the past few years and this wasn't any different really.

This opportunity promised good business. It was a business that surprisingly was missing in this town. When Danni brought up the idea to the Corporate Offices, they couldn't be happier, "Why hadn't we thought of that before?" was all they said.

After rolling out of bed Danni went through the boxes looking for some thing to wear for her first day. She settled for a pair of black pin stripe pants and a red button down top. Laying them on the bed she jumped in the shower quick. The hot water massaging her tired back, trying to wake her up for the day ahead. When she finished, she dried off and got dressed.

"Madison, it's time to get up." She gently shook the little girl until her eyes fluttered open, "You need to get dressed and eat some breakfast. Then you're coming to work with me." Maddi nodded and got up, sleep still in her eyes.

Back in her room, Danni dried out her hair and wrapped it in a bun. Little make-up graced her face. When the reflection in the mirror seemed decent, she joined Maddi in the kitchen. She was surprised the girl could keep herself from falling face first into her bowl of cereal.

"How you feeling kiddo?" she asked. Maddi grunted some form of response earning a laugh from her guardian. Danni helped Maddi clean up and led her to the car.

When Danni arrived at work, everything was in full swing.

"Welcome to Tim Horton's!" the cashier girl said. Danni smiled at the girl and let herself in the back.

"Danielle Samson?" An older gentleman asked as she knocked on the Manager's door,

"Hello Eddie."

"You made it. I hope everything is going alright. And who is this?" he said motioning to Maddi.

"This is Madison. I didn't have a sitter."

"It's quite alright, I understand. Everything here has been going great. So many people praise us for being here."

"Good, that's a great start."

"And I know you'll keep it going. I'll let you get acquainted to everything." He patted her shoulder and left her new office. Madison jumped up into the spinning office chair watching Danni look through the paper work.

"Alright Maddi, I'm going to go up front for a little bit. Will you be okay back here?" she nodded and went back to playing with her teddy bear that she carried around everywhere.

She smiled and walked around the building. The place was bigger then the others she worked at which was defiantly a plus. The machines were brand new and already brewing. The workers were acting happy, being so early in the morning. Danni greeted them and complimented them on their work. "Welcome to Tim Horton's!" The cashier girl said greeting the customers.

Danni was helping one of the teenage boys change out the coffee when there was a tap on her shoulder, "Hi, um...I need some help." The cashier girl said. Danni glanced down at her name tag, "Sure Ashley." She followed the teen to the front of the store.

"What seems to be the problem?" She asked.

"These guys want an order of 30 cups of coffee." Ashley explained. Danni raised an eyebrow and turned to the gentlemen ordering. In front of her was probably the two most good looking guys she's ever seen. Both quite tall with broad shoulders, muscles tight against their T-Shirt's. They seemed taken back, their eyes looking her up and down.

"That's a lot of coffee for just you two." She said breaking the awkwardness between the small group.

"We're getting it for our friends." The shorter one said.

"Right, well we can make you 30 cups of coffee and box them up." Danni told them. "Ashely, ring these guys up and help the other customers," She turned to the gentlemen, "Give me a minute and I'll get your order together." The guys nodded.

As Danni was getting their order together, the two guys stood off to the side keeping to themselves, "Sid, did you see her? Where has she been? Do you remember her?"

Sidney Crosby had seen plenty of good looking women but this woman...was something else. Her face didn't have as much make-up as he was use too. Nowadays, all he'd seen was a mask of that stuff painted onto the face of every puckbunny that wanted something from him. Her dark, brown hair was tied into a bun, out of her beautiful face. Sidney couldn't stop watching this girl as she bustled around the place gathering the cups of coffee and setting them in a cardboard box. That will defiantly be easier to carry. She must be smart. Beauty and brains? There's no way a girl like her exists.

"Here you guys go. I just put some sugar and cream in a bag." She said. Sidney grabbed the box.

"Thank you. Sorry for all the trouble." Max told her as he took the bag from her.

"It is a pleasure. Enjoy the coffee." Then...she smiled. Sidney felt his mouth drop slightly.

If Max hadn't nudged him, he would've stood there all day, "I think I just found my new favorite coffee shop." Max said as soon as they got outside. Sidney just nodded. He will defiantly be returning soon.

"I can't believe Max Talbot and Sidney Crosby came in today." Ashely squealed.

"Who?" Danni's question earned a disgusted look from the teenager.

"You don't know who Sidney Crosby is?" When Danni didn't answer, Ashley continued, "He's only the greatest hockey player ever." Ashley explained as if it was the most obvious thing on earth.

Danni wasn't much of a hockey fan. She never really followed it and it wasn't until college that she started watching a few games. She knew Pittsburgh was a huge hockey town and when the idea of a Tim Horton's going up there, many emails of praise flooded in. It just never dawned on her that it was as big as everyone said.

When Danni agreed to bring the business down to Pittsburgh, she didn't realize it would have this kind of reaction. And if it was going to bring in good looking men like this Sidney Crosby...then maybe this could be bearable.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the only chapter in 3rd person. Everything else will be in 1st POV.