Sequel: My Own Glory
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Just One Cup

Going Home

"Now, I know this is going to be hard, but can you tell me what happened yesterday?" The police officer asked. Sidney had called him once I had woken up. "Just start from the beginning."

Sidney squeezed my hand, "I had come home right after court let out. Lauren was there babysitting Maddi while Sidney was doing some Penguins stuff. I called my parents and Sid's parents, and a whole bunch of friends.

"I had just finished talking to Vero when there was a knock on the door. I couldn't see who it was in the window, but I had a bad feeling about it. So I sent Lauren and Maddi upstairs with my phone and opened the door."

"And it was Mr. Manning at the door?" The officer interrupted. I nodded, "What did he do then?"

"He walked in and looked around. When he didn't find what he was looking for, he turned to me asking where Maddi was. I told him she wasn't here...That's when he attacked me." The Officer nodded, writing his notes in the tiny note pad, "He would throw things around, throw me, slap me, he grabbed my neck." I felt Sidney's hand tighten, more out of anger than reassurance as he listened to my story. "After a while, I blacked out."

"Okay, that's all we need. Thank you for your time."

"I'm so, so sorry I didn't answer Lauren's calls. If I did, none of this would've happened." Sidney said once the officer left.

"It's not your fault Sid. You were busy."

"If I could get my hands around that mother--"

"Aunt Danni!!" Madison ran in and leaped onto the bed, "You're awake!"

"I am," I kissed the top of her head, "How are you babygirl?"

"I'm good! Kris and Jordan and Geno took me to see the real penguins!" That's when the three players walked through the door, all carrying giant stuffed penguins. The cutest thing had to be that each penguin had a shirt with the guys names on them.

"That is priceless!" I laughed as each guy blushed.

"We even got Sidney a penguin!" Maddi handed the Captain his 'Sidney' Penguin which also had a giant 'C' on the right side. "It was so cool Aunt Danni! I even got to touch the penguins!"

"You did? That's amazing!" Kris stepped forward turning his phone around to show me a picture of Maddi squatted down to pet the flightless bird.

"Maddi even got to adopt one of them." Jordan told me.

"Adopt a penguin? As in...it's living in my house now?" The boys laughed.

"No, the penguin stays at the zoo but she got to name one and it's hers for a month or so." He explained.

"What did you name it?" I asked my goddaughter.

"Geno." I looked up at the big Russian who just shrugged.

"He now a Russian penguin."

"Danni, it's time for some more medicine." A nurse said, stopping for a second when she spotted the guys in the room.

"Say good night to Aunt Danni, Maddi. She needs to go to sleep now." Sidney told her. Her giant smile fell into a pout, her green eyes big.

"Can I come see you when you wake up?"

"Of course babygirl." She kissed my cheek and let Sidney lift her off the bed and to the floor.

"Come on Mads, let's go figure out what to do for dinner." Jordan said, scooping the five year old over his shoulder, her high pitched laughs continuing down the hallway.

"We'll see you later, Danni." Kris and Geno kissed my cheek and followed their blonde teammate.

"You should go with them." I told Sidney as the nurse gave me the medication.

"No, I'm gonna stay here."

"Sidney, go. You need to eat and sleep...and maybe take a shower." I teased. He cracked a grin, "I won't be much company if you stay."

"Fine. But I'm coming back after." He pecked my lips and waited till I was out.

---

My head was pulsing as my head smack against the wall again. I couldn't fight anymore. I was in a lot pain in multiple spots and could feel something warm dripping from my head.

"It's been so long Danielle. I think I missed seeing you everyday. You were always...beautiful." He slapped my right cheek, "It's no wonder how you caught Sidney Crosby's eye. But there's one thing I don't get; What did you do to get him? You sleep with him?"
Slap! "You let him fuck you?"Slap! "You must be something if he keeps coming back." His right hand gripped my neck as his left hand pulled apart the buttons on my blouse, "You're a sexy woman, Danielle. If I wasn't fucking Addie," He cupped my one of my breasts, "I'd be fucking you." He hissed with a grin.

I wanted to slap that grin off his face when I struggled to get out of his grasp. He was enjoying every moment of this, all the pain he was causing me.

Stephen's left hand traveled up my skirt. I tried to wiggle out away, hot tears streaming down my face. But the more I struggled, the harder he pushed me into the wall and squeezed my neck, "You don't think Sid the Kid will mind if I see just how great you feel, do you? Think maybe he'll mind sharing your pussy with me?"

I could feel him pull at my underwear, "I promise to be gentle." He said as his finger brushed over me, "Danielle." He whispered. I did everything I could to deny him entrance but I was loosing air and consciousness, "Danielle."


"Danielle?"

My eyes shot open as a softer voice said my name. I was breathing heavily and the nurse must of come in to check on me.

"Danielle, is everything alright? You're breathing quite hard."

"Yeah...yes I'm fine. Just a bad dream."

"Alright. Well the doctor will be in to see you for check ups. But while you wait, there's someone here to see you." She said with a gentle smile.

I assumed Sidney would be the one walking through the door but was shocked to see it was Kris, "Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked, sitting up in my bed.

"Thought I'd stop by. Sidney's been busy with press stuff so I thought I'd see how you're doing." He answered taking a seat in the chair next to the bed. "How've you been?"

"Tired, hungry, in pain." He smiled.

"I can imagine. Do you want me to get you something to eat?"

"No thanks, the doctor will be coming in soon. So where's Maddi?"

"Jordan's keeping her entertained. Something about buying a dog."

"What?!" The quiet defenseman laughed.

"Jordan wants to get a dog so he's taking Maddi to go look at some." I let out groan, just imaging a ball of fury running around my house when I can finally leave this place. "Don't worry, Jordan has made it clear that they will walk out with only one dog."

"That won't stop her from asking though. And can Jordan really say no to her?"

"Good point. Well, pray there isn't a dog in your house." He joked. "So the nurse said you were having a bad dream?" He asked changing the subject.

"Um, yeah, not a big deal."

"What was it about?" I shrugged, not really sure how to explain it, especially to Kris. "Was it about the other day?" I nodded.

"He tried to rape me." I whispered just barely. I had thought I said it too quiet but from the look on Kris' face, he heard me. I could see his jaw clench.

"Did you tell Sidney?"

"No. What's the point? Stephen didn't so I'm not worried about it."

"Yeah, but that's going to affect you. If Sidney knows he touched you..."

"He'll treat me differently. I don't want him too. I don't want anyone of you treating me like a victim. The bastard's locked up and from what Sidney has said 'he'll never get out'. I just want things to go back to the way they were." Kris nodded his head, understanding what I was saying, but I knew what he meant.

I know after how Stephen treated me, Sidney and I's life will be different. Sidney will be careful with me, making sure that I'm okay and that I'm safe, and as nice as that is, I don't want to have to depend on him that much. I've built myself up to where I am today and I will continue to build and progress.

"We all care about you Danni. None of us want to think about it. We've been doing our best to keep Maddi's mind off of it and we'll do the same with you. We want things to be back to normal just as much as you do, but we have to get through this stage first." Kris said, taking my hand, patting the top of it. It's strange that the quietest man has the most to say.

Until the doctor arrived, Kris and I steered away from talking about the other day and chatted about how the teams been doing. The team had won the few games since the incident and was ranked high enough to make the playoffs. Their first game was this coming Thursday against Ottawa.

From the news the doctor had given me, I could go home before the game but was ordered to be on bed rest until the next appointment. I wasn't quite sure to be more happy for leaving or upset that I won't be able to get back to work.

---

I was released the next day and sent straight to bed by Sidney and Maddi. From one bed to another...great. The two of them did everything from cooking to the chores. Anyone would've been happy for a break from chores but if you're use to being the one doing everything...after a few days I needed to do something.

Since I wasn't allowed to go to the first playoff game Thursday, Nathalie came and stayed with me. I tried to push her to go to the game but she wouldn't have any of it, "Do you know what Sidney would do to me if I let you by yourself? He may be quiet but I am not going behind his back." So the two of us ate dinner, watched the Penguins win Game 1, and waited to everyone to return.

Maddi burst through the door like a ball of cosmic energy, cheering and chanting for the Penguins. Once she finally held still for longer than two seconds, I noticed the face paint all over her face.

"Vero painted my face for the game! And Marc says because we won, I have to always paint my face." The five year old explained. I looked over at Sidney, eyebrow raised. He just shrugged and lifted the girl into the air saying something about cleaning off the paint.

I chatted with Mario and Nathalie before the two left for a good night's rest. I headed upstairs and could hear Maddi going on and on about the game to the Penguins Captain.

I leaned against the door frame and took in the image; Maddi was stripped down and sat in the bubbly water as Sidney, jacket off, sleeves rolled to his elbows, and tie off, scrubbed Maddi's face with a washcloth. Once Maddi was back to her natural skin color, Sidney washed her hair, sticking it into a shampoo mohawk.

When the five year old shined like the Stanley Cup, I handed Sidney Maddi's Penguins pajama's and her stuffed penguin and her teddy bear she's always had and tucked all of them under the covers, "Sweet dreams babygirl." I said kissing her head.

Sidney waited in the hall as I quietly shut the door. Before I turned to look at him, I was lifted off my feet and carried to the bedroom, "What are you doing?"

"Doctor says you shouldn't overwork yourself."

"The room's down the hall." I laughed. Sometimes this man...

"Stop complaining." He retorted, setting me on the bed and kissing me.

"Who's complaining?" He grinned. I pulled his collar bringing him closer to me but Sid stopped and gave me a stern look, "What?"

"No."

"...What?"

"Doctor said not to overwork yourself. I just told you that." He stood up and began stripping down.

"Fine. Then you do all the work!" He scoffed. I rolled my eyes, grabbed some pajamas then went to the bathroom, shutting the door. To mess with him, I took my merry old time getting ready for bed, knowing it was going to annoy Sid.

"Anytime you're finished Princess." He said through the door. My reply was just humming a tune like I didn't even hear him. Apparently, Sid didn't like that.

He opened the door and spun me around, pressing his lips hard to mine, "I missed you." He whispered against my lips.

"I missed you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, but I wanted to update. I've been working on my two new stories, Tomorrow's a New Day and The Beginning to the End. If you haven't already, I ask you to take a look, give some feedback. Good/Bad comments are all welcome.

I hope to update soon. I've got quite a bit of time it's just trying to come up with different ideas for all these stories and their chapters. Just hang in there and we'll get through this together.

Thanks for reading! Keep commenting and subscribing!! :)

With Love, <3