Sequel: My Own Glory
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Just One Cup

Summer for Champions

The Penguins wiped the floor with the Rangers and headed into the finals with big hopes of another second Stanley Cup. The boys were not letting anything get in the way of this dream. Even Sidney.

I had everything planned out. I knew what I was going to do and I knew that it was the right decision. I was looking out for Maddi's future and she deserves what's best for her. And if this decision was it, then that's what I'm going to do.

"Are you ready for this?! The Penguins are going to win!" Maddi cheered, bouncing on the balls of her feet in the row of seats the WAG's had bought for Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The Pens were dominating against the Red Wings and Game 4 was the win all or play another game. Right now, everyone wanted the win.

"Don't jinx them Maddi!" Vero squealed. She was just as jittery as the five year old. I handed Vero her beer to calm down.

"Did I mess up my paint?" Maddi asked, turning to me, sticking her neck out for a good look.

"No babygirl, you're all good." I told her, kissing her head.

"Good. I don't want it messed up for the game." I laughed at her, just imagining her as a teenager doing the same thing. "Look! There they are!!" The lights dimmed as the boys took the ice.

Vero took my hand and squeezed it all, "This is it." She mumbled.

Passes, penalties, shots, oh my! The game couldn't of been any closer as the Wings would score then the Pens would score. Back and forth keeping the fans in black and gold on their toes, "Come on Sidney!!! You need to score!" Maddi yelled as loud as her little lungs could scream.

It might not of been Sidney scoring the next goal but it gave the Pens the lead, "Three more minutes guys! Three more minutes!" Maddi started chanting, the WAG's following, and the crowd helping out. The fans all stood as the seconds ticked down.

This is it.

You would think it was New Year's Eve the way the fans counted down and erupted into cheers as the Penguins won 2-1 against the Detroit Red Wings. They'd done it again. They are two-time Stanley Cup Champions.

Vero grabbed me into a hug, jumping up and down as we both screamed our happiness, "Let's head down!" She yelled over the people around us. I lifted Maddi onto my hip and followed Vero down to the tunnel.

"Look! There it is!" Maddi said pointing at the man holding Lord Stanley's Cup.

The presentation of the Conn Smythe Trophy was first, awarded to Geno who had his picture taken by multiple photographers and then joined his team.

The Stanley Cup was the next to go out, carried by two men in white gloves. The Cup was set on the small table. The Public Address announcer said his speech and when the words, "Sidney Crosby, it's my honor to present you with the Stanley Cup."

The Captain gladly accepted the Cup, hoisting it in the air as soon as the announcer released his grip. The yell from Sidney was drowned out by the cheers from the fans, his teammates, and the couching staff.

"Danni!" I barely heard through the voices yelling in the tunnel. I swiveled my head and spotted Mr. and Mrs. Crosby and Taylor waving at me. People patted them on the backs as they made their way towards us, engulfing Maddi and I in a celebratory hug.

"They won the Stanley Cup!" Maddi told them, Sid's parents smiling big. "Can we see Sidney now?" she asked.

"Soon." I told her. Some of the WAG's that came down with us were allowed to stand in the Penguins bench waiting for the cue to join their men on the ice.

Some of the players skated over, practically lifting their wife of girlfriend over the boards and squeezing them tightly, expressing the happiness flowing through them. The other WAG's were let onto the ice to claim their champion, showing them how proud they were with a passionate kiss.

Vero took off as fast as her high heeled boots would allow on ice towards her fiance. Marc met her half way, wrapping his arms around her waist and lifting her in the air as they celebrated their second winning.

"GENO!" Maddi called out, spotting the Russian talking to a reporter. He looked over, saying something to the reporter and skated for Maddi who wiggled from my grasp and ran to the Penguin forward. I made my way a little slower then the five year old, kissing Geno's cheek and accepting his tight hug.

It was the same for the rest of the team. Kris, Jordan, Marc, and everyone hugged the five year old. Kris put his Stanley Cup Champions hat on Maddi's head and Jordan set her on his shoulder.

While Maddi was preoccupied with the team, I gazed around the CONSOL Energy Center. Any signs of red and white were gone from the stands, the pride of black and gold cheering, capturing the moments on the cameras and in their memories.

Addie would of loved this.

I let out a squeal when my feet were lifted off the ground, my back and legs supported by a strong pair of arms. My arms wound their way around Sidney's neck and when he set me down I wasn't expecting the kiss he planted on my lips. I could hear the shutter of the cameras as they caught the Captain's action.

"I'm so proud of you." I said, looking up at Sidney's ear to ear smile.

"I love you." He said, his hands pulling me closer pressing my tighter to his equipment-clad body.

"I love you too."

"SIDNEY!" Maddi's high pitched scream caught our attention and just before she crashed into Sidney's knees, he swung her in the air, squeezing her in an embrace. Sid's family wasn't far behind, congratulating their son a thousand more times.

"Let's get a picture of the family!" A photographer suggested, waving Sidney and his family to stand close. Maddi and I stood off to the side, allowing the Crosby family to have a new portrait for their mantle. "No, you too. We want the Captain's girl too." He said. The Crosby family situated themselves, allowing Maddi and I to crash their picture. I held Maddi in my arms beside Sidney, his hand wrapping around and holding on to Maddi.

The wave of photographers who realized the Crosby family had two addition people in their group swarmed the area.

I felt Sidney lean in, "I love you so much." I looked up at him, allowing him to press his lips to mine.

"I love you too."

---

"You promise me you'll be on your best behavior...both of you." I said two weeks after the big win.

When I made that final phone call to Mr. Highman, I made a compromise, "And what's your decision?"

"I'll manage the coffee shoppes, but I won't move there. I'll spend a couple weeks in each place until the next season starts."

"Well, I'm sure we can help with transportation and hotels. Is there a reason you can't move?"

"Pittsburgh has become home for me and there are numerous things that are telling me that leaving wouldn't be right."

"I respect your decision, Ms. Samson. I'll have someone book flights and hotels for you. We appreciate you doing this."


After the game, I found Sidney and told him, explaining the situation, "So...you're staying in Pittsburgh?"

"Yeah, I'll just be traveling in the summer. I'm gonna call my mom and ask if she can watch Maddi for me--"

"I can do it." Sidney offered. The look on my face gave away my uncertainty of this plan, "Here me out. I can watch Maddi, we'll go and see the guys when they go home. We'll see Kris and Jordan, Marc, and Geno--"

"Geno lives in Russia, Sidney."

"I know. We might be able to go and visit him."

"In Russia?"

"...Yeah?" He paused, waiting for me to argue back but I just shook my head, "And when it's my day with the Cup, we'll head to Cole Harbour to see my folks. You can meet us there. Plus there's Marc and Vero's wedding and they won't want you to miss that."

"I plan on stopping by for the wedding but I won't be able to stay long."

"Are you going to meet us in Cole Harbour for my day with the Cup?"

"That's my plan." Sidney smiled, wrapping his arms around me, "I'm really glad you're staying."

"I'm sorry for..."

"Scaring me?" Sidney smirked. "I really thought you were gonna leave."

"I couldn't. I couldn't take you guys away from Maddi. That team means the world to her. And...I don't know how long I could stay away from you." Sidney squeezed me, his forehead resting on mine, "This summer's gonna suck."


So after the NHL Awards, which was an experience in it's own(being the first time Sidney and I have gone public, besides the Final game) I packed my bags to get ready for my trip.

And here we are, me standing in front of security threatening Sidney and Maddi to behave while I'm gone, "I don't want any phone calls from the Canadian government, or the American government, OR the Russian government. Understood?" I said wagging my finger at the two of them. They just smiled innocently and nodded. "Make sure to call me if anything's wrong. I gave you my parents and my brothers number just in case. I expect a phone call at least once a week for a check in."

"Danni, you worry too much. We'll be fine. Now go or you'll miss your flight." Sidney said. I nodded and knelt down to Maddi's level.

"Be good babygirl. Have fun and behave. I love you."

"Love you too Aunt Danni." Her little arms wound around my neck in a tight hug. Maddi stepped back and took hold of Sidney's hand, an action I've noticed that just makes my heart melt.

"Bring home the bacon." Sidney teased, his other hand taking my hand.

"Will do. I love you."

"Love you too." He replied. He lifted his black hat up from covering his eyes and kissed me.

The walk to the plan felt like death row. While I was off to "bring home the bacon," Sidney and Maddi were going to play.

---

Almost every night I talked to Maddi and Sidney, listening to their adventures. Fresh off the win, Sidney worked every day to get the Penguins Media done before he and Maddi visited his team members. In the beginning, Sidney's parents stayed with him to watch Maddi until they had to head back to Canada. After that, he brought Maddi every where; interviews, commercial shoots, TV appearances (if it wasn't too late), and photo shoots.

"They even took some pictures of me!" Maddi told me, her face close to the camera on the laptop.

"Did they? Will we get to see these pictures?"

"They said they'd send them to me." Sidney answered, pulling the five year old back on his lap. I smiled at the picture. I loved seeing Sidney holding Maddi as if she was his own. Sidney is the first guy to accept the way my life has turned out to be and even with the pressure lingering in the air about us, he never faltered. He stayed strong with everything and it just makes me fall more in love with him.

"So what's next on the agenda?" I asked.

"We're gonna go see Jordan and his family then head over to Montreal for the wedding." Sidney told me. In the months of June and July, Sidney had worked through all the media stuff and finally could see his friends and family. "You're meeting us in Montreal?"

"I will be there as long as you pick me up at the airport."

"Oh I suppose we can get you at the airport." Maddi giggled at Sidney's teasing, making the Captain laugh.

"Vero will not be happy if you forget me at the airport. The last person you want to piss off is a bride on her wedding day."

"Warning noted."

"When do you leave for Thunder Bay?"

"In a couple days actually. We need to start packing."

"You better. Vero's got all of Maddi's flower girl things so don't worry about that. Just make sure she packs more than just one outfit." I instructed. Sidney just nodded and promised to remember. "You two get to bed. It's late over there. I'll talk to you later." We said goodnight and I crawled into my cold, empty hotel bed. After the first night being away, I missed Sidney's warm body wrapped up with mine. I missed my goddaughter laughing and smiling her mothers smile because she was finally getting the life her mother and I want for her.

In the dark room of the hotel, the light from my phone shone. I laughed instantly as Sidney asked, "So...what are you wearing?"

---

Sidney and Maddi's trip to Thunder Bay was defiantly one I wish I could of been there for. Sidney sent me the pictures and videos he had taken of Maddi meeting the rambunctious Staal family.

"She wants a boat when she grows up." Sidney told me one night while he was still in Thunder Bay.

"A boat? We live in Pittsburgh!" I laughed thinking of where we'd park a boat in the driveway.

"I told her I had one at my place."

"How's everything else going?"

"Really good. Eric, Marc, and Jared all got her a jersey, then Jordan gave her a game worn one, signed and all. Parker's taking a liking to Maddi too. Eric had to tell him that he was too young but he's a Staal...he doesn't listen."

"That's too cute. I'm glad you two are having fun."

"I wish you were here. I wouldn't mind seeing you in a little bikini on my boat." I could tell over the phone he was wearing that infamous smirk.

"If you're good, you just might." He let out a strained groan.

"I can't wait to see you."

"Only a few more days. Until then, you'll have to snuggle with Jordan."

"What makes you think I'm not already?" He joked. God, do I miss him.

---

"Aunt Danni!" Maddi yelled through the airport in Montreal. I laughed seeing the giant posters Maddi, Sidney, Max, Kris, Geno, and Jordan were holding with my name crayoned onto each one of them.

Maddi dropped her poster and ran to me. I set my bags down and opened my arms to me tanner goddaughter then when I last saw her.

"Look at you! I've missed you so much!" I said, kissing her head all over.

"I missed you too! I've had so much fun with everyone!" She told me, the five guys coming over to us. I stood up, hugging each guy and kissing their cheeks but when I finally got to Sidney, private kisses went out the window. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and his went around my waist, lifting me off the ground.

"I've missed you." He whispered.

"Okay love birds, we need to get going. The dinner's in a couple hours." Jordan said, ushering us towards the exit.

"Let's go babygirl. We need to go make ourselves beautiful." Max told Maddi, lifting her over his shoulder and walking to the exit. We grabbed my luggage and piled everything and everyone into Kris' SUV.

The hotel we were staying at was in the outskirts of the city, away from the public but with a romantic setting. Only the best for Fleury's girl.

Sidney, Maddi, and I were sharing a room right next to Kris and Max, and Jordan and Heather. "Why don't you get ready with us Maddi? I'm sure Aunt Danni wants to take a quick nap before dinner." Heather suggested, sending me a wink. Thank god, she's only five because Maddi nodded taking Heather's hand and going into their room. I gave Jordan Maddi's clothes and just before he left he said, "Try to keep it quiet. We have children present."

I dropped my bags against the wall and turned to Sidney. He was leaning against the closed door just watching me with a smirk on his face, "Something on your mind, Mr. Crosby?" I asked slowly walking towards him.

"There are several things on my mind, Ms. Samson. And I can promise you are number one."

Sidney closed the gap between us, picking me up so I can wrap my legs around his waist. He turns us around, my back against the door while his body presses tightly to me. His hands sliding down my waist.

"Have I told you that I've missed you?" I whispered.

"Have I told you that I love you?"

---

Dinner was beautifully set in an elegant ball room. The golds and whites accented by the little black details proved that these colors didn't just look good on a uniform.

Vero was all smiles as she and Marc walked around to everyone. Even through the embarrassing stories of her and Marc, her smile never faltered.

Sidney, Maddi, and I sat with Sidney's family who were also invited to the event. Maddi sat upon Mr. Crosby's lap as she munched on a cupcake. Sidney's arm rested on the back of my chair, his hand rubbing up and down on my shoulder. I leaned against his side with a hand on his knee.

When someone would talk about the love Marc and Vero had for each other, Sidney would lean down and kiss the side of my head. That told me he and I were thinking the same thing; that we loved each other just as much as the couple of 15 years did. I never would've thought I'd find a guy like Sidney and as I sat by his side, I couldn't of been happier.

The wedding went as smooth as the dinner did the next day. The ceremony was beautiful. Everything was outside and the worries of rain disappeared just looking at the bright blue sky above us. I smiled up at Sidney as he stood there in the line of groomsmen, by far the most handsome man up there...okay it was a close race.

Madison looked so adorable walking down the aisle in her gold flower girl dress. Everyone cooed at her as she sprinkled petals down the white aisle. Her red hair so bright against the light dress and shining sun. A few freckles filled her face from her days in the sun.

And Vero had to be one of the most beautiful brides I've ever seen. I glanced back at Marc wondering his reaction as his fiance walked down the aisle and the smile he had before went on for miles. I wouldn't of been surprised if his face stayed like that forever.

The Fleury wedding was definition of perfect wedding. Nothing went wrong, everyone had a fun time. I danced with guys and even Mr. Crosby, but I spent most of my time in the arms of Sidney. For someone that claimed he's not a dancer, he sure didn't want to get off the dance floor. It might of had something to do with the fact that here surrounded by his closest friends and could be the Sidney Crosby that only a few have seen. Sure there were some that asked for pictures but even I was captured in some photos, either with Sidney or Maddi, or even one of the guys dipping me on the dance floor.

The party was winding down with the sun. Lanterns hung from an overhead canvas to provide light. Coupes filled the dance floor in one final dance. Vero and Marc softly chatted to each other, kissing at random moments. I laughed as I watched them from across the floor, my head resting against Sidney's chest. We had fallen into an easy sway to the point I wasn't sure if we were even moving.

"What's so funny?" He asked, his head placed on top of mine.

"They are just too cute." Sid moved his head to see Marc and Vero completely at ease with one another.

"They're something."

"This was a beautiful wedding. Defiantly a girl's dream wedding."

"What's your dream wedding?" I paused, thinking about it. I've always been an easy going person, happy as long as everyone is too. I never dreamed of a giant wedding, something for close friends and family. The details of my 'dream' wedding never mattered to me. There was only thing that was the most important...

"Marrying the right guy."

"No giant wedding? Big dress?" Sidney asked, sounding shocked. I just shook my head.

"I want to be married to the right guy for me with my family and friends there. I don't need a circus because the only thing that will matter is being with the love of my life for the rest of my life." I looked up at Sidney, his hazel eyes already on me.

"That sounds like a very nice wedding."

"You sound surprised." I said with a chuckle.

"I always thought girls had their wedding planned out by the age of ten."

"I'm not like most girls."

"I know...that's what I love the most about you." He pecked my lips.

"What about you? What's your dream wedding?" He tilted his head in thought, that Crosby grin on his lips.

"Okay you're going to like this," He started with the biggest smirk on his face that it scared me, "The ceremony will be on the ice in CONSOL," I let out a loud laugh, "I'm going to invite everyone in the world to it. Then everyone will be invited to skate around and there will be lots of food and drinks. Music will play through the speakers and maybe even a disco ball."

"I can tell you've thought long and hard about that." I said when I could finally breathe again.

"Would you expect any less?" He joked. "Honestly though, if I was marrying the most beautiful, perfect woman that I planned to be with forever...I would get married in Vegas if that meant she was stuck with me."

"How romantic!"

"Only the best for my woman."

"I love weddings Aunt Danni!" Maddi said squeezing between Sid and I's legs. Sidney picked her up and set her on his hip, then reached around to keep an arm around me. "I want to go to another wedding!"

"Then I guess we'll have to wait and see who get's married next." I told her.

"That might be closer than you think." Max added with a wink, he and a bridesmaid dancing up to us.

"Are you getting married Max?" Sidney and I laughed as Max tried to find the right words to say to the five year old.

"I'm saving up for you Maddi." He promised, sending a wink to her and dancing away.

"Are you gonna get married Aunt Danni?" My goddaughter asked, turning her attention to me.

"One day."

"Are you gonna marry Sidney?" This time she leaned in close to whispered it in my ear. Sidney smirked hearing the question.

"I don't know. We'll have to see." Was my best answer. Sidney and I thought about our future, not wedding future, but far enough to make sure we knew what was going to effect Maddi. If something were to happen, we'd have to figure something out because of how much Maddi loves and adores Sidney. But as the three of us swayed together, the chances of anything bad happening were slim.

I had so much love for Sidney. And he reminded me every minute how much he loves and cares for Maddi and I.

---

The day after the wedding, I was back on a plane headed for Vermont for a couple weeks. After that I was bound for Minnesota and Wisconsin, and would end my travels in Washington before I headed up to Cole Harbour for Sidney's day with the Cup.

Sidney had stayed in Montreal to spend time with Max and Kris before he and Maddi took a flight with Geno back to Russia. That time schedule really screwed us up when we tried to talk. Sidney would call when I was sleeping or I would call when they were out and about seeing the sights.

We ended up resorting to emailing each other instead of Skyping. Sid continued to send me all the pictures he was taking and that feeling of wanting to be there overwhelmed me. Even when Sidney almost scared me with a picture of Maddi, her hands and eyes on the giant glass of beer in front of her. He said something about 'no drinking age' in Russia. Let's just say I sent him very mean threat in reply...But the picture was cute.

When I was finally flying to Sidney's hometown, I was ecstatic. I missed my goddaughter...and Sidney, even after all the worrying he had me doing from miles away.

Sidney was the only at the airport this time, wearing his famous disguise of a baseball cap and sunglasses as he stared at the monitors with all the plane times on them. I came up and stood beside him, "Do you know when the flight from Vancouver is coming in?" I asked holding in a giggle.

"Yeah it should be...really?" I dropped my head back in a laugh when he turned to answer me.

"I couldn't resist." I answered as he put his arms around me. "I almost couldn't tell it was you with that awesome disguise."

"Don't make fun of my disguise." He smirked, bending down for a kiss which I gladly accepted.

"Where's Maddi?" Sidney took my hand as we walked to the baggage claim.

"She is helping my mom cook a special dinner for you."

"Ooo, I'm very excited now. You know what would make it even better? Giving it to me in bed." Sidney laughed.

"You want dinner in bed?"

"Doesn't that sound fantastic?" I said, thinking about laying in Sidney's comfy bed with a delicious meal.

"How about we eat dinner at the table and I'll give you desert in bed?" He suggested, his eyebrows wiggling underneath is baseball cap.

"I hope desert is just as good as dinner." I told him with a bump of my hip as I grabbed my bag from the conveyor belt .

The ride back to Sidney's house was comforting. The windows down with music playing through the speakers. Sidney held my hand on the center console while I laid my head back against the head rest, tired from my flight. The scenery was beautiful on this summer day. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and I had a home cooked meal waiting for me.

Sidney turned down a hidden drive way and followed the path to a beautiful Craftsman House. Balloons were tied to various parts of the porch with a giant banner saying, Welcome Home Danni! hanging across the entrance way in Maddi's coloring.

"Not bad Crosby." He just shrugged and opened the front door. The smell of dinner a good welcoming.

"Aunt Danni's here!!" Maddi screamed, sprinting at full speed toward my knees.

"Babygirl I'm so happy to see you! Look at you all tan and freckled! Just as beautiful as I remember." I said, hugging my goddaughter tightly.

"I got you stuff from all the places we went!" She told me, taking me hand and leading into the kitchen where Mrs. Crosby and Taylor sat cooking a meal fit for a king.

"Danielle! We're so happy you're back! How was everything?" Mrs. Crosby started off, coming around the island to hug me.

"It was exhausting but fun."

"Good, good. Maddi's been working hard to make sure you had a big welcome home." I looked down at the five year old that climbed up onto a tall chair to continue mixing a big salad, a giant smile on her face...her mothers smile.

"Is that Danni I hear?" A deep voice asked coming from the other side of a screen porch.

"Mr. Crosby, good to see you as always." I said giving Sid's father a hug as well.

"You too. You're travels were good?"

"Yup, every stop was beautiful but not as beautiful as here." I answered. While the world outside was worthy of the Home Magazine, the sight of Maddi and Sidney's family together was everything I need.

"Dinner is almost ready. If you'd like, you and Sidney can set up the table outside." Mrs. Crosby suggested. Sid and I nodded, quickly putting my bags to the side and grabbing the plates and silverware to set up the lovely patio set outside, over looking the view of the lake.

"I have lemonade!" Maddi announced, slowly walking the clear pitcher of pink lemonade outside, both tiny hands grasping the life out of the thing. When she made it to the table, Sidney took it carefully and set it in the middle of the table.

Bowls and bowls of delicious looking salads and sides filled the table along with the chicken Mr. Crosby was grilling. Maddi sat between Sidney and I, and while I piled different sides onto Maddi's plate, Sidney fixed mine, kissing my cheek when he handed it to me.

Everyone laughed when Maddi picked up her giant BBQ chicken wing and taking a big bite, BBQ sauce all over her face. She grinned up at me and I leaned down kissing some of the sauce off her cheek.

There is a moment that passes that I don't think Addie is here with us, watching over me and her beautiful daughter. I know she's laughing at our funny times, and whispering in our ears I'm here when we cry.

And as the sun peaked out from behind a cloud, it was at this very moment I knew she was here and she'll always be there.

---

Before I knew it, the summer was coming to an end. We celebrated Sidney's day with the Cup and his birthday with everyone; his team, his family, his friends, and his town. And no matter how big and exciting his days were, he kept me and Maddi by his side letting us join his ride as we soaked in the moments together.

The three of us made a quick stop to Rochester to visit my family before returning to Pittsburgh for another season.

And just as I promised Maddi all those months ago, we brought Sidney to meet Addie.

"You gotta pat it so it's nice and tight." Maddi told Sidney as the two were on their knees patting the dirt around the newly planted lilies we bought.

"I think I'm starting to get the hang of this." Sidney said. They both wiped off their hands with the towels I brought and stood up, looking down at the engraved stone with new flowers decorating it.

"Do you have the pictures?" Maddi asked me. I handed her the envelop which she opened, pulling out the various photos that were taken since the last time I was here.

Maddi sat crossed legged in front of her mothers headstone. Sidney and I holding each other behind her.

"Hi mama. It's me Maddi. And Aunt Danni's here and we even brought Sidney with us, but I'm sure you already see that," I smirked, "I know you saw the Penguins win the Cup this year and I know that you're a Sabres fan but I know you were cheering Sidney and Max and Marc and all of the guys on. You should have seen the Stanley Cup, mama, it was so big it was almost as tall as me! I have a picture of it right here!" Maddi held out the picture of the three of us with the Cup to the framed photo of Addie we had placed there, as if Addie was really there watching and listening, "I have a whole bunch of pictures from this summer because Sidney took me to see all these really cool places. Here's when we saw Jordan's mommy and daddy and all of his brothers! They all look the same!" She held out another picture, setting it into the little baggie we kept by the stone.

"And here's one when we went to Marc and Vero's wedding. I got to be a flower girl and it was so much fun! I love weddings! After the wedding we stayed with Max at his house and met his family and then we spent time with Kris. He even told me about a friend that he lost a long time ago and says he misses him a lot. He even gave me a picture of his friend so you can find him in heaven and watch hockey together," Maddi added a picture of Luc to the pile, along with some Sidney took with Max and Kris.

"I even went to Russia mama! And Geno showed us where he grew up and he even taught me Russian. I'm still not as good as him talking Russian but he promised to help me. Then in August we went to Sidney's house in Cole Harbour where his mommy and daddy and sister live. They're all really nice. Oh! And his dog Sammy! She's a really nice dog, just like Jordan's dog." A few more photos were added of the five year olds adventures.

"I'm gonna start training with the team when the season starts so I can be good at hockey just like Sidney. Then I'm gonna grew up and play in school and get drafted and then play in the NHL just like Sidney! And I know you're gonna watch me play every game. That's what Aunt Danni says." Maddi turned to look at Sidney and I, then stood up.

"Well, we need to go home now so we can go back to Pittsburgh. I promise to visit again, Mama. I love you." She blew a kiss to the photo and took my hand. I wiped away one tear that slipped from my eye and the three of us walked to the car.

An old chapter in our lives had ended and a new one was about to begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Pens win! Wouldn't of been as exciting if they didn't. There's only few more chapters left for this story and I just want to thank everyone that reads and comments on this. I had started writing this story unsure about it but thanks to all of you, it's where it is today. It's had some good success and I'll be sad to see it end.

But stay tuned for the few remaining chapters. I've got them planned out, now it's just writing it down.

Thanks again for everything!

With love, <3