Sequel: My Own Glory
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Just One Cup

Three Years Later

April, 2015

"Sidney...I think it's time." Sidney's face turned as white as his button up shirt.

"Now?"

"Yes Sidney! Now!" I all but screamed as a wave of pain moved from my back to my front. I tried to get off the couch but the giant bulge where my stomach once was, was making it difficult. Thankfully Maddi came over to help me up while Sidney was still having a slight panic attack.

"I'll call Vero!" Maddi said, retrieving my cell phone from my purse.

"Sidney, focus babe." I said, snapping him from whatever daze he shouldn't be going through at the moment.

"Right...right! Oh my god! Okay, I'll get the bag and call coach and Mario and the hospital and..."

"Just get me to the hospital!" I yelled, the three of us moving toward the door.

"Vero's going to meet us at the hospital. She said she'll call them for a private room."

"I'll call Dan." Sidney said, punching in Dan's number on the touch screen in the car. Maddi handed me my phone back, which I used to dial Mario's number.

"Hello Danielle, what can I do for you?"

"Hi Mario, I just wanted to call and let you know Sidney might be late for the game tonight." I said pretty casually for the pain I was in.

"Why's that? Is something wrong?"

"I'm going into labor." There was silence, then laughter from Mario's deep voice.

"We'll meet you at the hospital." He told me.

By the time we got there, Sidney all but drove the car straight into the hospital room. The pain had increased and I was being wheeled to a private room. Vero and Mario showed up just as the doctor picked and prated at me.

"You just had a strong contraction but you're not quite there yet. We'll try and help you through the pain and will check up on you." The doctor said, allowing my guests into my room to come back.

"Sidney, you have a game to get ready for." I told him.

"I'm not going anywhere." He replied, taking my hand in his.

"The doctor said it'll be a while before anything happens. I'll try to hold off as much as I can." I joked, knowing I just wanted someone to push down on my stomach.

Sidney looked between me and Mario, not sure what to do, "You promise to wait?"

"Only if you promise to win." He smiled and kissed me before racing out of the hospital. Vero pulled up a chair beside me as Mario turned on the channel the Pen's game would be on.

I laid there, my hands rubbing my large belly still trying to comprehend that I was giving birth. And to Sidney Crosby's kids nonetheless.

The ring on my left hand sparkled in the bright lights of the private room and I couldn't help but smile as I thought back to these past three years.

After the Stanley Cup win 2012, they boys played well but couldn't get past the third round in playoffs the next year. By the time new season came around, things changed with the Penguins Organization. We had acquired new players and lost old ones...

It was the end of August and Madison was skipping into CONSOL with me trailing behind her. She wanted to watch the training camp and keep tabs on the new players coming in to the organization, a interest she could only pick up after sitting in front of clip after clip with the Penguins Captain.

Today, she was getting the chance to see them in person and if the new players even thought they were going to get a spot on the roster, they had to impress the five year old.

"Maddi, make sure you knock first!" I called after her as she neared the locker room door. The last thing I needed was for her to see naked men at the age five. So she tapped on the door which swung up, "Maddi!" A chorus of voices yelled as the team greeted the little girl.

When I caught up to her in the locker room, I raised an eyebrow on why she was just standing there. She usually runs to Sidney or Kris but something was wrong, "What's going on Maddi?" I asked. I wasn't expecting the giant crocodile tears falling from her eyes as she turned to look at me. I squatted down in front of her, wiping away the tears, "What's wrong baby girl?" She pointed across the room to a player I hadn't seen before, "I don't understand."

"Max is gone!" She cried, the entire room going quiet as she leaned into my body. I looked to Sidney for an answer. He stood up and walked me and Maddi, who was in my arms, out of the locker room.

"Max signed with another team." Sidney said as we stood in the hallway.

"What team?" I asked, smoothing out Maddi's hair.

"Philadelphia."

"He's a Flyer!?" Maddi screamed, "And he didn't tell me?"

So of course Maxime Talbot got a special visit from Madison soon after. The guilty look on his face was pathetic but funny as he groveled at the feet of the five year old. To say he made it up to her was an understatement. He got her a Talbot Flyers jersey, along with others from the Flyers team, all signed. Along with a request for tickets to several Flyer games, and a promise that Max will visit her throughout the year. The girl knew how to bargain.


But not everything was bad. Besides getting knocked out of playoffs earlier then desired, the boys had a great season and were only expected to dominate in the years to come.

Outside of the hockey world, in the summer of 2013 Sidney proposed to me with a little help from the then six year old.

For Maddi's 7th birthday I made her a deal, "We can have a big party like we've done before or...we can go to Disney World in the summer." Of course she chose Disney World, understanding that, that was her birthday present from Sidney and I.

As soon as Maddi finished with school, Sidney, Maddi, and I were on our way to two weeks in Disney World. Both our families were meeting us down there as a surprise for Maddi who was loving every minute.

We booked the Grand Floridian (only the best for my girl) and spent the first week in the different parks Disney had to offer. Besides stopping to sign a couple autographs and take pictures, we went unnoticed and could enjoy our family time.

By the middle of the our second week in Florida, Sidney had approached me about the two of us having dinner together. Of course both our parents encouraged it, volunteering to watch Maddi for the night. So while Sidney was off during the day doing...whatever, Maddi, Taylor, Sarah(my sister-in-law), Mrs. Crosby, my mother, and I went to the nearest town in search for a cute dress for my dinner with Sid. Why we needed to bring half the crew to search for one dress was unnecessary but they were already on the bus.

We spent hours walking around looking for a dress, getting mani/pedi's, and my mother even talked me into getting my hair done specially for the occasion.

Thankfully they left me to get dressed and finish up on my own, but that didn't mean they wouldn't be stalking my door until I walked out, "Danni, you look beautiful." My mom said, holding back the water works.

"Mom...it's just dinner." I said not getting why this was becoming a team effort. "Well I need to get going. Sidney wanted me to meet him at the restaurant. Behave. I love you babygirl." I said kissing Maddi's head and taking the elevator done to the lobby.

Sidney didn't exactly give me the rundown of the night but as I walked into Victoria & Albert's Restaurant in the hotel, I had a good feeling about the night, "Ms. Samson?" The hostess asked as I glanced around the room looking for the familiar dark curls.

"Um, yes, that's me."

"You can follow me." She led me through the restaurant past the other guests to a private spot in the back. It was floor to ceiling windows with a beautiful view of the Magic Kingdom across the way.

But it was the tall, built man standing next to the table for two that held my gaze. His black slacks just barely loose on his lean legs. He was dressed sleekly in a black button down shirt was stretched across his broad shoulders, and his gold tie suspiciously matching my dress.

I walked up to him, intentionally swaying my hips as I came to a stop, "You know, my boyfriend will be here soon but I'm sure we can sneak away quick." I teased getting a smirk from him.

"Love you too Danni." He leaned down and pecked my lips. Sidney pulled a chair out for me, then took the seat across from me.

The dinner couldn't of been more romantic; wine, soft music, great food. I loved having these moments with Sidney, where we could just be a couple. We could talk about anything and everything. That's what I loved about Sidney. I could talk to him about anything, and he I. Everyone know Sidney Crosby isn't a big talker unless needed, but he told me everything, he trusted me and I trusted him. We relied on each other for everything.

After dinner Sidney suggested taking a little stroll around the park. The sun had set and the bright lights around the park lit path for us.

We strolled hand in hand as people raced to their next ride before the park closes for the night, "I love this place. I always have."

"I've never been here." I stopped in place.

"You have never been here before?" He shrugged, "You poor soul."

"This place is great." He admitted, linking his arm with mine and his other hand in his pocket. "Hey, a penny." He stopped and bent down.

"Is it heads up? It might be lucky."

"Then hopefully this is my lucky night." He replied, looking up at me but there was not penny in his hands...

"That's not a penny." I mumbled starring at the rock on the white gold band.

"I can get one. I think there's one in my pocket." He joked, searching through his pockets. "Danni, I love you so much and we both know hockey's been the love of my life for the longest time," I cracked a grin, covering my face out of hiding my laughter and the shock of all this happening, "But you changed that. You and Maddi. I love both of you and I couldn't imagine the two of you not by my side. You understand me better than anyone. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Danielle Samson...will you marry me?"


The wedding was just right for Sidney and I. We invited our families and closest friends, had an amazing ceremony, and the honeymoon...even better! By the next month, believe it or not, I was pregnant. Sidney did get some teasing from his teammates but you could tell when the conversation turned to kids, Sidney's eyes would light up and he would smile that boyish smile.

Our families were just as excited to hear the news, just like the media was. Of course Sidney and I were interviewed about the pregnancy and even asked to be photographed down the line. All Sidney and I cared about was getting through this together and that Maddi was happy.

Madison was happy to be getting a new "brother" or "sister" in the family. When Sidney and I were married, we talked about adopting Maddi into the Crosby name and we actually talked with her, explaining the situation best we could. This moment made me so proud of her...

"I want to have mama's name because she's my mama."

Sidney and I knew that she was as much of a Crosby as any child we'll have. Maddi would be a daughter to us whether she carried the Crosby name on her back and we'd love her with every ounce we have.

So here we are, Sidney playing Tampa Bay while I'm watching from a hospital bed, waiting for this child to make up his or her mind on when they want to grace us with their presence.

"I wouldn't be surprised if that kid is waiting for Sidney." Vero commented as the second intermission ended.

"Yeah we'll this is getting to be too much. Hey baby," I said gently tapping my stomach, "Time to get out. Mommy wants to see you."

"I want to see the baby too!" Maddi said from her spot at the end of the bed. She turned and crawled further up the bed, resting her cheek against my belly, "But you have to wait till Sidney gets here...the Penguins have to win first." Even my 8 year old goddaughter was against me, "Just 20 more minutes Aunt Danni, hang in there." Maddi coached.

And they were the longest 20 minutes of my life. By the time the final buzzer rang, the baby decided it wanted to come out.

"No Aunt Danni! You have to wait!"

"I'm trying Maddi!" I said holding back the vulgar language I wanted to scream. A nurse instructed that Vero and Maddi wait outside while they prepped me for the birth.

Sidney burst through the door about 15 minutes later, dressed sloppily in his suit, that same panic look on his face again, "Did I miss it?"

"No you're just in time you son of a bitch!" I yelled as another contraction hit me. Sidney was by my side instantly, holding my hand.

Big mistake.

"Danni, babe, coach won't be happy if you break my hand." He whined.

"Your hand is the least of my problems Sidney Crosby!"

"Okay Danni, it's time to push."

And push I did. And squeezed Sidney's hand in the hardest death grip he'd probably ever been in. The words flying out of my mouth would put a sailor to shame as I pushed the baby out.

The room filled with the cry of the newborn. I laid back against the bed, out of breath and strength. Sidney kissed my sweaty forehead and brushed away the stray hairs that stuck to my face, "You did it baby. You did it."

But the pain returned and I felt like something was trying to come out of me, "There's another one! Keep pushing Danni!" The doctor encouraged.

"ANOTHER ONE!?" I glared up at Sidney who was just awe struck at the thought of another baby. But I pushed nonetheless and the sounds of another crying baby entered the room.

"Please...tell me...that...was...the last...one." I said in between breathes. The doctor laughed.

"That's the last one, I promise. The monitor never heard the second heart beat."

"What are they?" I asked, realizing no one ever told me what just came out of me.

"Two boys. You have to healthy baby boys."

"We have two boys. We have two boys!" Sidney said enthusiastically.

Our sons were brought back into the room, cleaned and wrapped in baby blue blankets. One was placed in my arms and the other went to Sidney, who sat next to me.

There was no way I could stop the tears from falling from my eyes. They were so beautiful and peaceful lying in our arms. I looked up at Sidney, his smile never faltered as he looked between his sons and then at me, "I love you." He leaned down, pressing his lips to mine.

"Knock knock!" Vero said, popping her head into the door. She and the entire team and staff of the Pittsburgh Penguins some how filed into the room, all smiling at the new additions to the big family. The guys let out a manly cheer, seeing the two babies instead of the expected one.

"Way to go Crosby!"

"Always the overachiever." They teased.

"Let me see! Let me see!" I heard Maddi say, pushing her way to the bed and allowing Marc to lift her onto the bed for a better look, "What are they're names?" She asked.

"You should name one Marc." The goalie suggested.

"Only if you name the other one Jordan." The blonde forward added.

"That way when they're big and play for the Penguins, there will always be a Marc on the team."

"What do you want to name them?" Sidney asked me. I looked down at the boy in my arms.

"Liam...Liam Michael. And Aiden Alexander."

"Liam and Aiden...I like it." Maddi complimented. The room nodded, the names of the new babies rolling off their tongues.

"I called both your parents. They should be here tomorrow." Mario told us, reminding me that I never called my mom.

"Hello--Oh, there are a lot of you in here," A nurse said joining the party. She made her way over to me, "How are the new parents doing?" Sidney and I smiled at each other, "Well, it's time for mommy to rest. We just want to check the babies health again and then all of you should rest." The nurse said, obviously recognizing everyone in the room and the father.

For the next hour and a half, the boys were passed around amongst the team, everyone taking in the new Crosby's in the world. After their time with both babies, the guys left all of them tired from their game and the excitement for their Captain.

When the boys were back in my arms, Sidney and Maddi sat by my sides. Maddi was slowly drifting off to sleep and Sidney's head was resting against mine as we just starred at our sons.

"You should take her home. Get some sleep." I whispered to him, not wanting to wake up the three children.

"I don't want to leave."

"You can come back in the morning, you'll just have to bring our parents with you." He smirked, letting out a yawn.

"I guess I'll see you in the morning. I love you." He said with a quick kiss for me and one for each of the boys. He scooped up Maddi in his arms and left me with our sons.

The next morning, mine and Sidney's parents arrived with balloons and flowers for the babies. Liam was giving to my parents to hold, and Aiden was given to the Crosby's.

"Twins? I can't believe you had twins." Taylor said, her and Maddi sitting on the bed.

My mother was snapping pictures of everyone holding a child, cooing at every moment.

"You and me both." I told her.

"Which one was born first?"

"Liam was first, Aiden was our surprise."

"Liam looks like Sidney." Mrs. Crosby said, pointing to the baby picture of her own son that she brought with her.

"And Aiden looks just like his mother." My mom added, a picture of me next to my youngest son.

"I bet Sid's already got the hockey equipment stored away for them." Taylor teased her oldest brother who shook his head. I wouldn't doubt if the thought crossed his mind.

"Are they going to play hockey, Aunt Danni?" Maddi asked.

"If they want too."

"Then I can have someone to play with me!" She cheered. Since starting hockey last year, she was getting surprisingly good at the Canadian sport. She and Sidney spent a good part of the day practicing hockey, either in the basement or at the rink. Her coach had nothing but good things to say about her. But since I wasn't as qualified as the Captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Maddi needed someone else to play hockey with.

"They are beautiful Danni. They're going to be handsome boys when they're older." My mom commented, making me groan.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I just got 'em."

Several days later, the boys and I were released from the hospital and finally on our way home. The nursery we set up only had one of everything, so while I was still in the hospital, Nathalie and Vero made sure that the other baby had a place of it's own.

Still living in the house I first moved in, Sidney and I designed the guest room into nursery. We didn't find out the gender early in the pregnancy so we kept it pretty neutral. The gifts giving to us at the baby shower was mostly split between the two, some we had to get another of, but the boys were welcomed home. And I was finally allowed a day of sleep.

Nathalie and Vero helped out quite a bit while the boys finished off their playoff season. They made it to the Conference finals but fell short against Boston. That's when the real parenthood began.

With Sidney now able to help more with the babies, it made my job a little easier. I wasn't the only one that went to the boys aid in the middle of the night. Sidney helped out a lot, feeding one baby while I took care of the other, changing diapers, entertaining them, getting them to sleep.

And through all this, Maddi was by our side helping with the boys. She fed them on occasion, held them(one at a time), talked to them, and there was actually one night when one of the boys was crying, I got up to take care of him and when I got there, Maddi was standing next to the crib, her arm through the bars holding onto Liam's hand and whispering to him. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen.

"Maddi, what are you doing up?" I whispered, taking Liam from his crib and sitting in the rocking chair. Maddi crawled onto my lap, careful not to hit the baby.

"I heard him crying and I wanted to help him sleep like you and Sidney do."

"Babygirl, you don't have to do that."

"I want too. They're family." I kissed her forehead as she rested her head against my chest. I began to hum different songs to put Liam to sleep, but I ended up making Maddi fall asleep as well.

I carefully stood up, somehow able to get Maddi to rest in the chair as I put Liam back in his crib, then I picked Maddi up and brought her back to her bed. I brushed her long, red curls out of her face and smiled down at her.

In the years that passed, she had grown so much. She was certainly taller and her baby fat was going away. Her red hair grew in length and brightness, her curls perfectly shaped. She was looking more and more like her mother.

I recall a time when Sidney and I sat down with a magazine just after the boys were born. The interviewer asked many questions about our sons and the plan for the future, but the question topics turned to Madison at one point, "Since you've decided not to completely adopt Madison, has anything changed with the new babies?"

"No. Madison has been in this 100% since we brought the boys home. She helps take care of them." Sidney answered.

"Did you think the relationship between Madison and you two would change with the new additions?"

"At first I was nervous," I started, "Since she still has her mother's name, I wasn't sure what would happen, but for an eight year old she takes it in stride. She's a very smart girl and I think she understands the situation. She's kind of had to grow up more than an eight year old should with what's happened in her life. But everyday, she's helping with the boys, always eager to volunteer."

"Madison is such a sweet girl. During the photo shoot, she listened and always had a smile on her face. I had actually asked her what things were like with the babies and she answered in the cutest way. She said that she loved having Liam and Aiden there and wanted to take care of them just like Aunt Danni took care of her." I smiled, motherly tears threatening to fall. "She seemed to understand that they weren't her biological brothers but the way she treated them and looked at them, no one would have guessed they weren't related. Well besides the red hair."


I had an amazing husband, two beautiful sons, and one goddaughter that I would love till the end of time. This was all still new to me in a way but I knew in the years to come, life would only get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter in the books. Hopefully it was alright. I've had it finished but never posted it for some weird reason. Anyways, this story only has a couple more chapters. I really wanted to look into the future so that's what those chapters will be about(similar to this one). I wasn't planning on a sequel that's why I'm doing it this way. If you all want one, I can think about it, but let me know soon so I can rearrange my plans.

Thank you all so much so taking the time to read and comment on this. It started out slow and it's gotten such a big response and I can't thank everyone enough. I'm glad you liked it and stuck with me through this story. It means so much to me.

Keep reading and commenting!

With all my love,<3