Sequel: My Own Glory
Status: Completed- So go read the sequal!! Please! :)

Just One Cup

I Promise

After our win against Washington on Wednesday, I felt good going into this road trip. We'll be traveling the west until the day before Christmas. The team was continuing our winning streak, I had gone up in points, and this trip will only make it better. We had a chance last year for the Cup and I wasn't about to let it slip through my hands this year. It was time the Penguins made another come back.

The only thing about leaving was Danni. During our date she had opened up about Maddi and her mother. I knew a lot about her yet there was so much I didn't know. She avoids talking about the day Addie died. I guess I don't blame her, but I want her to talk to me about it. I want her to trust me. No matter how strong Danni seemed, I knew she was still healing. They had been great friends and friendships like that don't just happen.

Today at practice I was unusally quiet. And the guys noticed, "Sid, what's going on?" Max asked sitting beside me in the locker room.

"Nothing. What's going on with you?"

"I'm worried about you man. You seem like somethings bothering you."

"Just a lot on my mind. Nothing I can't handle."

"He's just going to miss Danni on the road trip." Tyler teased, but as much as I wanted to throw something at him, he was right. Before when I left, Danni and I weren't as close. Now it feels harder to leave.

"Is that true?" Max asked. I shrugged and the guys let out their annoying 'awes'.

"It's understandable Sid. You've finally gotten serious with a girl that you don't want to leave. Everyone goes through it." Marc explained.

"I just feel like...I don't know, like something's not right it I leave. It's hard to explain." I said slipping off my under armour.

"Are you two serious?" Max questioned.

"I don't know. I took her out the other day."

"Did you do it?"

"TK, even if I did, I wouldn't tell you."

"So you haven't slept with her yet?" Now Jordon was getting into this.

"That's none of your business." The team erupted in disapproving groans.

"Maybe that's what you need, to get laid." Tyler said.

"And how am I suppose to do that with a four year old around?"

"Keep it down." Tyler can be such a smartass sometimes.

"Sid, when the right time comes, you'll know." Marc said ending the conversation about my relationship. He patted me on the shoulder and headed towards the showers.

When I finished getting cleaned up, I walked out of the locker room. As I made my way to the parking lot I heard Marc call my name, "Hey Sid, are you heading to Danni's?"

"Um, yeah. Why?"

"Think we can tag along? Vero wants to see Danni and Maddi." Marc said nodding his head at Vero beside him.

"Okay, I'm sure she wouldn't mind." I answered. I led Marc to Danni's small home not far outside the city. As the three of us walked to the door, it opened revealing Maddi in a cooking apron covered in flour and frosting, "Hurry! We're making cookies!" Marc perked up and quickened his pace, sweeping the girl off her feet.

Stepping inside, the smell of gingerbread welcomed us. My mouth began to water at the thought.

"Come on Marc, you can help me decorate!" Maddi said as she and the giant goalie strolled into the kitchen.

"Great. Just what he needs...sugar." Vero said.

In the kitchen Danni was busy rolling out a fresh mix of dough, "Hey guys. You're just in time." She greeted with that beautiful smile. I went around to her side and kissed her cheek.

"How was practice?" She always asked about my day. It always reminded me of home when my parents, or the Lemieux's, would ask. Danni knew pretty much nothing about hockey but she listened with smile.

"I'm so ready to play Carolina tomorrow. We're gonna kick their asses!" Marc answered. Vero slapped the back of his head as Danni and I shook our heads. "Oops. Sorry." Thankfully Maddi was to engrossed in her decorating to notice.

"That's good. You guys will do great." She said with that same smile.

Danni and Maddi had made so many batches of cookies you'd think they owned a bakery. Now all of us were sitting around the kitchen just frosting them, "Why did you make so many?" Marc asked eating one of the cookies that broke.

"Maddi wanted to give them to the team tomorrow after the game. It was going to be a surprise." Danni answered. It wasn't till I looked over at the different cookies that Maddi was making that I realized that each one sported a number on the black frosting.

"That's so sweet of you Maddi!" Vero gushed.

"We will defiantly pay for it come practice time." Marc said as he stole another gingerbread man.

"If you keep eating them now, there won't be any left." Vero told him with a stern look.

"We'll just make sure he doesn't get as many tomorrow." Danni said. She had just finished frosting a tree, when she licked the access frosting from her fingers.

Fuck.

"So Danni, Vero and I were wondering if we could kidnap Maddi tonight." Marc said. I looked up from my cookie and raised an eyebrow at Marc who was sitting there with that sly grin. Danni looked about as confused as I did, "What?"

"We'd love to have Maddi stay with us for the night." Vero explained.

"Really?" Maddi said "Oh please can I Danni? I don't have school tomorrow. Please? Please? Please?" She begged as she sprinted to Danni's side tugging on her jean leg. Danni blinked at the young girl, then at the couple across from her, "Are you sure?"

"Of course! We love Maddi. This just gives us the chance to spend some time with her. And Marc's looking for someone to play Mario Kart with." Vero told her. From the look on Danni's face, I was sure she was going to say no. This was completely out of the blue...what is Marc doing?

"Sure, I guess it's alright." What?

"Why don't you go pack?" Vero suggested to Maddi who flew out of the room.

"Are you guys sure? I don't want her to be a bother."

"Oh nonsense. We'd love to have her over. She'll keep Marc entertained." In no time Madison was back with her backpack puffed out, stuffed with her things. Danni went and checked her bag, Marc and Vero grabbed their coats and stood by the door waiting, and I'm still standing here trying to figure out what just happened.

"Well I guess you've got everything. You better behave young lady. I don't want any phone calls." Danni warned.

"I don't think that's the child you should worry about." I joked joining the group by the door.

"I promise to be good." Madison said.

"We'll bring her back tomorrow. Are you going to practice?" Vero asked glancing between Danni and I. What are these two up too? All of a sudden they want to babysit Maddi? What's the point of taking Maddi? That's going to leave Danni and I....

That sneaky son of a bitch.

"We'll get her at practice." I answered.

Danni kissed Maddi goodbye, then the four year old took Vero's hand. I volunteered to get the car seat from Danni's car and put it in Marc's, "You son of a bitch. What are you doing?" I whispered harshly at Marc.

"You'll thank me later. Just have fun.And if you don't make it to practice tomorrow, I'll let Coach know." He said with a shit eating grin. He slapped me on the back before I went to the front door, "Bye Sid. See you tomorrow." Vero said with the same grin. Danni and I waved as they pulled out of the drive way and down the street.

Back inside, Danni was quiet as she picked up the kitchen, "You alright?"

"This is the first time I've let her go somewhere alone." Well now I feel like a jerk. "But it was bound to happen sooner or later." She added.

"She'll be alright. If not, I'll kick Flower's ass tomorrow." She laughed, "Now you go pick a movie and I'll make us something to eat." I suggested giving her shoulders a squeeze. She nodded and walked into the living room. I turned and faced the kitchen, flipping through the few memorized recipes in my head and began searching the cabinets and fridge for anything.

At moments like this, I wish I paid more attention when Nathalie cooked. I can't think of anything to make! I'm such an idiot! All the stuff I can think of won't compare to Danni's cooking. Maybe I can just order something...

No I can't do that. I just said I was going to make something.

"Don't know what to cook, do you?" Danni's voice caused me to jump a few feet in the air. She chuckled and walked over to me.

"I honestly don't know what to make. Nothing I can think of could be compared to what you cook." I admitted rubbing the back of my neck.

"How about we order pizza? I don't feel like doing dishes." I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"I'll order it. You go start the movie." I told her.

When the pizza arrived, I scarfed down all but Danni's three pieces. Now full, I relaxed laying down with her on the inside, head resting on my chest. One of her legs draped over mine keeping her as close as she can on a small couch with a big hockey player. My arms circled tightly around her.

I could get use to this.

And who better than to have a woman like Danni in my arms. She had somehow snuck into my life and took me on a ride. And I didn't want to get off. She had this affect on me that I thought no one would ever be able to do. She cared for me, Sidney Crosby the Canadian boy, not the star player of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Before her that's what I thought I'd always be but as I looked at her, I had found that I had more purpose than to just play hockey. I can't bet how long this would last but I was reasdy to make sure it last as long as I can.

"What?" Danni asked. I hadn't noticed her look up at me, even as I starred at her.

I smiled.

"What?" She asked again, the corners of her lips pulling up.

"You're the most beautiful woman I know." Her smile grew at my answer, but her eyes diverted, avoiding my gaze. I lifted her chin, forcing her to look at me. Once her deep blue eyes held mine, I brushed my lips against hers.

--------

The feel of his lips against mine sent shocks right to my bones. The electricity bringing me to life. No mans kiss could compete.

He pulled me closer, our lips crushed to each other. His tongue grazed my lower lip asking for entrance and his hands rubbing my sides. All kinds of thoughts rushed through my mind when his calloused hands brushed the hem of my shirt up, sliding along my skin searing a path of heat.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about running my hands through Sidney's curls or over his muscled body created by hard work and determination. Or his lips trailing soft kisses down my body. Who wouldn't think about all that?

But as much as I dreamed of all that, was it right? Could I allow myself to get that close to a man? Since Maddi's birth, I struggled in the dating game. No man wanted to be involved with me in any way. I had come to the conclusion that no guy would want anything to do with me and I lived with that. There were more important things to worry about than my dating life.

I thought that up until I met Sidney. He's accepted me and my life. He respects me. In the time we've been together, he's been 100% supportive.He understands what I'm going through and won't push me into doing anything. It's not easy to bring a guy home with a toddler in the other room.

I moved to straddle his hips, pressing myself against him. I slowly pulled away from him, watching as his face looked sad and confused by my actions. I smirked and climbed off of him, strolling over to the stairs making sure to swing my hips from side to side. Just as I got to the foot of the stairs, I looked over my shoulder at Sidney, who sat up on the couch, and winked at him.

As soon as I heard his feet hit the floor, I took off up the stairs.

---

My heart rate had finally reached its normal beat. The room was cooler than it had been only minutes before. This moment felt like my first time but this time, I laid in the arms of a man who was winning my heart over.

I looked at him. He seemed so at peace with the world; his eyes closed, his breathing even, and the slightest upward turn on his lips. Though he looked asleep, he was wide awake, his hand stroking my waist. Any movement I made, his grip tightened. I hadn't felt like this in a long time And who would've thought it'd be Sidney Crosby who would make me feel like this?

"I don't want to go on this road trip." Sidney mumbled.

"Why not?"

"I don't want to leave you."

"I'll be here when you get back." He turned his head and opened his eyes. "I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's not the greatest. And sorry it's been a while. I've had it written out but I've lacked the drive to type it out. I know it's not the best but I appreciate all of you that read it and comment. Thank you so much <3