Sequel: Mess You Made

Smiling In Everything

Of course I'm willing.

"Ugh."

Jack looks up at me from his spot on the couch in the living room. "What's wrong babe?" he asks, standing up. I slip off my shoes and drop my bag. He comes over to me; and I don't even have to say anything. Jack just pulls me into a hug, lips grazing my head.

"Just a tough day, I guess," I murmur into his chest. Which is true, but for reasons he would never guess. Pining after his best friend and hating that Jack is so sweet.

He hums. "I know what can make you feel better."

I could already feel a grin taking over my lips. "And what is that?"

Jack doesn't answer, just smirks, and brings me into a kiss. I hum in thought as I respond quickly, moving my arms to around his neck. His arms around my waist tighten, and he lifts me into the air. I giggle against his lips as he moves us over to the couch, dropping me so my back hit the cushions.

"Someone's in a hurry," I chuckle as he moves on top of me, grinning.

His mouth lowers to my neck. "Of course I'm in a hurry," he murmurs, his hands trailing down my sides, "I just want to have some fun with my girlfriend."

I giggle again. "And I wanna have fun with you, but I'm tired."

Jack's face moves back in my line of vision, his bottom lip jutted out in a pout. "Okay," he sighs heavily. "So what did you do today?" His fingers traces over the neck-line of my v-neck, dipping in inconspicuously. I roll my eyes.

"Worked," I answer, yawning. "Rein invited me out for lunch yesterday so we could talk about wedding plans. I forgot to tell you." My eyes felt like they had weights on them, drooping slightly.

"Really?" Jack asks, sounding interested. "What did you guys plan?"

"We picked the bridesmaid's dresses," I mumble, burrowing my head into his neck. He felt really warm. I curl further into him. "We're going to pick them up next week. Has Alex asked you to be his Best Man yet?" I felt another yawn drawing up, but I push it down. Jack smooths my hair down with his palm.

"We've known I was gonna be his Best Man for years, Sades," he chuckles, pecking my temple lovingly. I piece of my heart broke off. "It's been set in stone forever."

"Is he gonna be your Best Man?"

He was mute for a few seconds. "Of course. Would Rein be your Maid of Honor?"

"Why are you asking?" I ponder. A nervous flutter went through my stomach. I was desperately trying to get him off this topic, because, if I were getting married, Rein would be the last person I would consider for my Maid of Honor.

Jack shrugs, resting his head on top of mine. "In case we get married, I just want you to be sure with who you pick for the court."

I clear my throat, suddenly wide awake. "Are...are you saying...you're willing to get married?"

He moves off of me, looking down at me with a curious gaze. "Of course I'm willing. Did you think I wasn't?" I sit up as well, biting my bottom lip.

"No, I just..." I look down at my lap, twiddling my thumbs. "I just never knew you would be willing, I guess. I'm not saying we have to get married right now, I just wanted to know if you were thinking that far ahead...or not."

A smile curves onto his lips. "Of course I'm thinking that far ahead," he mumbles, pecking my forehead. "I don't want anyone but you." A pang hits my chest.

"So...you're ready to get married?" I swallow.

Jack smiles. "You'll know when I'm ready to get married."

I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion, about to ask him what that means, when my cell phone in my pocket goes off. I sigh angrily and take it out, my eyes widening at who was calling. It's nine o'clock at night, what does he want?

"I'll be right back, 'kay babe?"

Jack nods, giving me a light kiss before I stand up. I was still shaken from my talk with Jack, but I let the intensity fade as I stop in the hall and answer my phone.

"Hello?" I ask, keeping my voice down.

"Sadie!"

I scrunch my nose. It was Alex. But he might as well have said a different name with how drunk he sounds. "What the hell are you calling me for?" I hiss.

"I...I..." he takes a deep breath. "Ineedyoutocomehelpmewithsomething."

"Could you repeat that?" I ask flatly. "Without the slurring?"

I hear something crash to the ground and a hastily said apology. Then there was some rustling, a door opening, a door banging shut, and then silence. Alex's breathing was heard as he comes back to the phone. "I..." he takes a moment to recollect his thoughts, "I need you to...to come pick me up."

"Are you drunk?" I ask, pinching my nose between my thumb and forefinger.

Silence. "Maybe."

I groan, slapping my hand to my forehead. "Why don't you call your fiancee to come get you?"

"Because..." he sounded sad, "she'd be mad at me. I don't want anyone to be mad at me." When he hears me sigh, his voice drops again. "Are you mad at me, Sadie?"

"No," I answer. "Just slightly annoyed."

"That's better than being mad at me," he chuckles, but it came out as more of a giggle. "Can you come pick me up? I'm at Mo's Bar and Grill. I, uh, I had a few too many drinks. Or was it beers? I don't know. Just...please?"

I sigh, looking at Jack sitting on the couch. He was waiting for me. I bite my bottom lip, but go against my better judgement. "Fine," I snap. "But you owe me."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" he answers, stumbling over his words.

"I'll be there in ten minutes," I mutter before hanging up.

I come back out into the living room, where Jack smiles up at me. "Who was that?" he asks, standing up to meet me by the staircase. His arms move to around my waist instantly.

I sigh, deciding to come up with a lie to save Alex's ass. "Work," I groan, the fib feeling sour on my tongue. I swallow the taste down, regretting this decision. "Apparently one of the new waitresses forgot to turn off a grill and there was a mishap. They didn't tell me everything, but they need me there."

Jack pouts again. "But you just got home."

"I know," I sigh. "I'll make it up for you when I get home, okay?"

He grins, nodding. "You better make it up to me in the way I am thinking of," he murmurs, kissing me softly. The kiss gave me shivers. "Get back quickly."

I laugh. "I'll try."
♠ ♠ ♠
Someone guessed what the foreshadowing is! Congratulations kayleeLAUREN! I will be writing her a one-shot, so look out for that. And just because she guessed it correctly, does not mean I am going to tell you all what it is. Because I still want to see who can guess it! If you guess it correctly, message me privately. You will get to choose a prize as well :)

Soo...Alex is drunk.
Any predicaments? Team Alex or Team Jack? Thoughts?
I like comments!

girl at the rockshow
itspaaatricia
kayleeLAUREN
lilac encouragement; (x2)
Kinkeh Dinosaurs
Sierrarox