Sequel: Mess You Made

Smiling In Everything

I think I just taught you a lesson.

When I pulled up to Mo's Bar and Grill, I could hear shouting and yelling coming from inside.

I lift myself out of my car, furrowing my eyebrows. I make sure to lock my vehicle as I clamber toward the building, mentally preparing myself for the drunks I would be encountering.

The minute I pull open the door of the bar, a strong wave of alcohol hits me. I had to choke back a cough at the odor. Did someone smash bottles of vodka and tequila on the ground or something? God. I shake my head as I move inside, making a pointed gesture to breath through my mouth.

And then I noticed why the smell of alcohol was so strong.

By the bar, a huge crowd of people were gathered, fists pumping and mouths open wide as they cheered and hollered something on. Around the crowd, glass and liquid was scattered, as if multiple bottles of different drinks had hit the ground.

"Fuck you!" That voice froze my movements. It sounded like that was called from the center of the fight. Oh my God. Alex is in the fight that's by the bar.

"Shit," I cuss out loud as I run over to the surrounding people.

I push past bodies, using my sharp elbows to shove them out of the way. I got a lot of insults and elbow jabs back but I ignore them as I come to the front of the crowd, my eyes widening at the sight before me.

Alex was clearly shit-faced drunk, his face slightly red as he looked up at his opponent. "You motherfucker!" he suddenly screams, launching out toward the other man.

I immediately jump in front of his lurching figure, putting my arms out. "No! Stop, Alex!'

I didn't know why he was fighting this random man in the a bar, or why he was so drunk for that matter, but I knew I had to stop him before he did something he would regret in the morning. I knew I had arrived at a late point in the fight already, Alex already sporting a lovely forming bruise along his cheek, but I had to halt the fight before it escalated and Alex ended up getting seriously injured.

It took him a few long moments to register who I was. "Sadie?" he asks, his eyes squinting as if his vision were blurry and he was trying to make out my figure.

I hold back from rolling my eyes and nod slowly. "Yes. Stop fighting, Alex."

"Who the fuck are you?" I here from behind me. I look over my shoulder to see the guy Alex had been wrestling with, staring at me with his mouth half-open and his body swaying slightly. "Get the fuck out of the way!"

I shake my head. "I'm here to take Alex home."

The drunk guy growls in impatience, and even that was slurred. "I'm not done with that pussy!" He points a swerving finger at Alex. "Ima beat him 'til he can't smell!"

I ignore this last incoherent sentence and shake my head a second time. "No. We're leaving." I try to take hold of Alex's arm to steady him, but the drunk guy reaches out and shoves my shoulders so I stumble back. I grab hold of the edge of the bar to keep my feet from falling out from under me, swiping the hair out of my face.

"You dick!" Alex suddenly shouts. "You do not touch her like that!"

I once again move in front of Alex before he could attack the guy, pressing a hand against his chest. I could feel his heart pounding messily in his chest. "Don't, Alex," I murmur quietly. "Let me handle this." I push him gently to keep him back.

I turn toward the drunk guy, my jaw tense as I look up at him. "You need to keep your girlfriend in line, Gaskarth," he slurs out. "Or something bad'll happen to her."

I feel my hand curl into a fist as he rambles on.

"Maybe I should take her out back and teach her a lesson," the drunk guy continues, his laugh loud and obnoxious. My eyes narrow. "Right after I punch the lights out of you, Gaskarth. One pussy to get another pussy, that's my - "

His speech was interrupted as I bring my arm back and connect my tight fist with his nose. There was a nasty crunch as the crowd went silent, his head lolling back as he fell.

"I think I just taught you a lesson, bud," I hiss, shaking my wrist out loosely.

Everyone around me screams and hoots as I grab hold of Alex's arm again, yanking him through the crowd. He was staring at me with his jaw slack, eyes wide. I ignore the expression of surprise as I half-drag him out of the bar, the grip on his bicep never loosening. Once we were outside in the lot did he pull himself free.

"What the hell was that?" he asks incredulously, sounding a tad sober. I sigh and turn to meet his gaze, crossing my arms over my chest. "Did you really just punch that guy?"

I shrug. "Yeah. He was an asshole. And he was threatening to rape me. What else could I have done?"

"I could've handled it."

I snort, shaking my head. "You can barely stand on your own two feet right now, Alex. I'm surprised you even remember that I punched someone. Just how many drinks did you have tonight?"

"He was threatening to rape you, of course I was going to retaliate!" he says back bitingly, as if I offended him by saying such a thing. "No one says something like that without wanting to get hit. And I would've hit him just fine if you hadn't been standing there." I noticed he had ignored my last question all together, but let it slide.

"Come on," I say a bit more gently. "Let's get you home. You're as drunk as a skunk."

He nods and allows me to take wrist. I start to move toward my car with him in tow, and I feel as Alex shifts his arms so he could move his hand to mine, lacing our fingers together.

I pretend to have not noticed as I lead him to my car, unlocking the doors. I help him into the passenger seat before rounding to the other side, cursing the high heavens that this had to happen today of all days.

It was quiet as I made my way onto the road, not even the radio turned on or anything.

I felt awkward sitting in silence, no noise to keep me distracted from what had just happened. Alex was eerily mute, his head resting against the window of my car. I could tell his eyes were closed, and I was thinking maybe the alcohol in his system was wearing off. But a part of me was just hoping.

"Why did you go out to a bar tonight, Alex?"

It felt like he took years to answer the question, when in reality it had only been a few minutes. His eyes opened lazily and he brings his heavy gaze over to mine.

"Rein came home and started honing in on me about the wedding plans," he says, his voice sounding like it had fifty pounds weights on it. "She asked me why I wasn't helping as much and I said it wasn't my thing, and then she mentioned that I see you more than I see her..." he clears his throat uncomfortably, "and then we got in this big fight and she said something about going over to Jamie's to spend the night and I went to the bar to cool down." He swallows loudly. "Rein is mad at me."

"That's why you didn't call her isn't it?" I ask softly. "Because she's already mad at you?"

He nods. "Are you mad at me, Sadie?"

A small smile curves my lips as I make a right turn. "No, Alex. I'm not mad at you." I knew I had already told him this, but I repeated it for his sake. A drunk Alex is also a forgetful Alex, so I knew he hadn't remembered I said that earlier.

"Good," he murmurs quietly, slipping his eyes shut again, "I wouldn't want you to be mad at me."

"Why not?"

He smacks his lips, yawning loudly. "Because I don't want to lose you."

I didn't know how to respond, so I kept that sentence dangling in the air around us as I drive the rest of the way to his house in silence. I pulled up to his driveway ten minutes later, his breathing shallow and loud. I shake him awake, telling him we were home.

"England?" he asks dumbly, his mouth propped open.

I giggle in spite of myself, shaking my head. "No, silly. We're at your house."

He brightens at this and hurriedly gets out of my car, tripping over himself in the process. I hastily get out myself and go over to him, helping him get back to his feet.

"Let's get you to bed," I sigh, throwing his arm over my shoulder.

I put my arm around his torso and lead him to his door, using his key to unlock it. Peyton and Bastian bark as we enter, but I shush them as Alex whines about how their sounds were piercing his ears. I manage to get him up the stares in one piece, although he did fall quite a few times the way up.

We stumble into his bedroom and he immediately drops onto his bed. "So tired," he groans into his pillow, his voice muffled. I roll my eyes.

"Alex, you might wanna change," I tell him, shaking my head.

"Right," he mumbles, sitting up. He pushes his leather jacket off his body, throwing it onto the floor. I instantly pick it up, folding it neatly. He does the same with his shirt and pants, kicking his shoes off so he was left in just his socks and boxers. I ignore his half-naked body and take the dirty clothes and throw them in the hamper that was in his bathroom. When I come back out he is still sitting up-right, looking at me.

"I'm gonna go now, Lex," I say, smiling weakly. "You need to sleep this off. You're gonna have a massive hangover in the morning," I chuckle darkly. "Make sure to take some Ibuprofen and drink water in the morning, okay?"

I turn to go to the door, but his arm snakes out and grabs my hand.

"Please stay with me?" he whimpers gently. "I'm not used to only one person in bed."

I open my mouth mutely, my heart rate increasing immediately. Sleep over with Alex? In the same bed? It's like a dream come fucking true.

"Uhm, I...I probably shouldn't - "

"Please?"

His wide doe eyes convince me and I sigh heavily, agreeing. A part of me wanted to say no, knowing I had Jack waiting for me at home, but I knew Alex would only be worse if I didn't stay. So I make sure to send my boyfriend a quick text telling him my friends and I drank too much left over brandy from the diner (ironic, huh?) and that I was crashing at a girlfriend's place.

Then I shut off my phone as Alex dug around in a drawer by his bed before pulling out a piece of clothing, tossing it to me. I unfold it, seeing it was his Ramones t-shirt.

I quickly change into it, slipping off my jeans undetected.

I crawl into the bed, making sure to keep a safe distance away from Alex.

But a few moments later his arm wraps around my waist, his muscle tightening as he pulls me into him so my back hit his chest. The breath was knocked out of me as my heart starts pumping even faster, as if it would fly out of my chest.

"Since you offered me a ride, I offered you a t-shirt," he chuckles in my ear, his breath fanning over my skin like a mist. I take it in gratefully. "Goodnight, Sades."

I think I felt a small kiss hit below my earlobe from his lips, but I could've imagined it.

Then, his soft snores were heard as he fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Think you know what's gonna happen later on in the story? Tell me here! If you get it right, you win a prize ;) Hint: Maybe go back and reread the story and pay attention to certain details.
This chapter is uber long. But I know you love it!
Well, Team Alex fans do. :)
Thoughts?

FYI! I have a new story out :) Go read it? Thanks. Click.

I'm Frozen Still
girl at the rockshow
lilac encouragement;
Kinkeh Dinosaurs


Sorry if there are mistakes. It's one o'clock in the morning and I'm tired. I'll proofread later.