Sequel: Mess You Made

Smiling In Everything

Time to go.

I couldn't take it any longer.

Once I had myself cleaned up, my tight shoes back on and suffocating my feet, I went back into the venue. I could see Jack out and about, chatting with fans and friends, a beer in his hand. I clear my throat and push through the crowd, stopping at his side.

"Sades," he grins, wrapping his arm around my waist until his hand was resting on my lower hip. "Where did you run off to? I couldn't find you after the show."

I swallow. "I needed to cool down. It's...it's stuffy in here."

He nods, giving me a gentle smile, leaning down to peck his lips against the side of my head. It felt tedious, like it was all that was happening anymore, and it made a small coil of annoyance boil in my stomach. I swallow the sour spot down and get on my tip-toes, making sure my mouth was close to his ear so no one else could hear me. "I'm gonna head home, all right? It's been a long day."

When I pull back, he gives me a small smile. "Go on," he nods, finally pressing a kiss to my lips. I was surprised to feel absolutely nothing. "I'll be home soon, kay babe?" I smile back, knowing that meant I would see him at one o'clock in the morning, after meeting every single on his fans in this room.

We say goodbye one more time before I grab my bag, heading toward the door.

I was met by Rein before I could fully exit, my annoyance growing. I just wanted to leave. "Hey!" she grins. "You heading off?"

I nod, reaching up to tuck my hair behind my ear. "Yeah. I'm getting tired." And my feet hurt, I just threw up twenty minutes ago, and your soon-to-be wrote a song about me which confused me further and makes me want to cry.

"Well, I hope you feel better," she smiles, patting my shoulder like I was five years old. "Call me tomorrow if you feel okay. We need to get the dresses fitted and start planning the bachelorette party!" She shakes her shoulders in what I assumed was supposed to be a sexy sultry move, but it just came off ridiculous.

My own grin back was bland and flat, I could tell. But she didn't. "Definitely."

Rein pulls me into a hug, one I barely returned, before I practically shove her away. I felt good knowing I was taller than her in my heels. I felt superior.

I push the door open, letting the cool night air greet me. I breathe in deeply, happy to feel the light breeze brush against my sweaty skin. "What a night," I sigh softly to myself, before heading over to my car, not looking back at the bar; even though I knew Alex would be waiting for me to talk to him.

Alex—

I needed to find her.

I'd already checked the bar, the bathrooms, backstage, and out on the floor, where Jack was left alone. It was really unsettling me to know that she wasn't anywhere around; did she just run out after I sang A Daydream Away?

"Rein!" I call out, waving her over when I spot her over by the doors, a drink in her hand. She sees me as well, grinning. "Over here!"

She makes her way over, setting her martini down as she stops beside me at the bar.

"Have you seen Sadie?" I ask after she had given me her usual greeting of a too-long kiss where our teeth banged together because she was overly excited and drunk. "I needed to ask her something. But I can't seem to find her." For good measure, I glance around the venue, her tall figure found nowhere.

"Oh," Rein shrugs, her hands finding my chest, her slim fingers running over my newly clean shirt. "She left. She said something about being tired."

My eyes widen. "She left?"

My fiance cocks her head to the side, her brows deepening over her gaze. "Is it that big of a deal? I know and Sadie are good friends, but it's not like she left the state or country." She snorts. "She wouldn't do it. Her and Jack are far too in love. I saw them today during your acoustic set. All cuddly. It was ador—"

"I wouldn't be so sure," I mutter bitterly, my fists tightening.

She looked a bit alarmed. "What?"

I shake my head, taking a tiny step back from her, pretending I wanted to take a sip of my beer. "Nothing. Just trying to figure out why she would leave."

Rein didn't look like she believed me, but she shakes her head, getting over it. "Well, I was thinking we should head out too. Maybe go back to the house to celebrate your success from tonight." She looks up at me from below her lashes.

"We can leave," I nod. "But I wanna stick around for a little longer."

Her brows crease again. "Why?"

"Wanna meet some fans," I beckon toward the crowd that had gathered around Jack and Rian, Zack nowhere to be seen. "Duty calls."

She nods, understanding, pecking my cheek, before moving away to go talk to Zack's girlfriend, who was seated a little ways down the bar. I follow her with my eyes, making sure she wasn't watching me as she greets Cindy.

"Time to go," I whisper to myself.

I grab my jacket from the stool beside me, slipping it on hurriedly as I walk toward the doors. I take one last look back around the bar, breathing in deeply. I know I would have to explain myself to Rein; she'll notice sooner or later that I left without her. But right now, I'd prefer later over sooner.

I need to have some time alone with Sadie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay kids! School is officially over. It is summertime. And my sister now has her own laptop since she graduated, so what does that mean? *Drumroll* MORE UPDATING! Yay! I can't wait. It's been forever since I could post weekly, and now I should be able to.
And when marching band starts to conflict, I shall inform you all of it.
Thoughts?!

lilac encouragement;
all time perv.
BringSammyTheHorizon
heeytara
OmgJackBarakat
perfect disaster
takecontrol'xo.