Sequel: Mess You Made

Smiling In Everything

I wanna cuddle with my fiancée.

"Do you regret it?"

I let my eyes open, the feeling of Alex's hand running up my side gently making me shiver. I roll my body over so I was looking him in the face, his dark eyes shining from the reflection of the lamp behind me.

"Do I regret what?" I ask softly, pulling the sheet up over my naked body, still feeling self conscious about the fact that I'm nude in front of Alex.

His hand stops, instead moving up to run through my hair.

"Do you regret sleeping with me?" he asks, his gaze connecting with mine. I could feel his breath hitting my lips and I wanted so badly to reach up and kiss him, but I keep myself where I was. His hand flows through my hair before smoothing over the arch of my back and coming up to a stop at the lower curve.

More shivers.

I close my eyes as I take a deep breath, wanting my answer to be truthful. "Yes," I reply simply. "But it felt so right and it's something I've always want—"

His lips crash onto mine, my nose sucking in air as his tongue enters my mouth with my permission. My arms immediately reach up to curl around his neck, pushing his head closer so the kiss could deepen. Our naked chests collide as our lips meshed together, his arms wrapping around my waist. He pulls back too soon, a whimper falling from my lips, leaving me wanting more. "That's all I needed to hear," he murmurs, his forehead touching mine. "It wasn't our most wise decision, but as long as you wanted it to happen, I can feel so much better about it."

I tried to smile, but it came out more of a grimace. "It definitely wasn't our most wise decision," I repeat, burying my face in his neck. His lips brush the top of my head and I wanted to make a noise of love at how touching that one movement was.

"We need to get up," I whisper a few minutes later. "It's almost one in the morning."

Alex takes a moment to collect himself before pulling back to look me in the face. "He'll be home soon from the venue won't he?" Alex asks gently, pushing a strand of my hair from my face, his lips coming down to peck my forehead, and then my nose, and then my lips. I could feel my heart swell and break at the same time.

"Yeah," I mumble, noticing how we were avoiding saying his name.

Alex nods before giving me one more kiss. We both get to our feet, finding our clothes at the foot of the bed. Before we bend down to pick them up, Alex gives me another kiss. And as we pull on our undergarments, he gives me a kiss. And as we pull on our bottoms, he gives me a kiss. And as we pull on our shirts, he gives me a kiss. Once we were both fully dressed, his shoes and socks back on, he pulls into him for a long, drawn out smooch.

"What's with all the kissing?" I giggle softly, his hand going down to lace our fingers together. I wasn't complaining as he tugs me out of the guest room, the dark of the hallway swarming around us as we emerge from the doorway.

"I just can't stop," he smiles, bringing our hands up to his face. "I love your kisses."

"And I love yours."

His smile widens, his lips pecking each of my knuckles before his lips find mine again. His kisses were intoxicating; it was like an adrenaline rush each time his mouth was on mine.

Suddenly, the front door bangs open. I could feel my jaw drop and Alex's body stiffens. There was a loud movement as thudding footsteps echoed against the hardwood flooring. Alex smoothly releases my hand, putting a finger up to his face to tell me to be silent. He moves back into the guest bedroom, closing the door behind him mutely.

"Sadie?" Jack calls, the sound of a body falling greeting my ears. "Where are you?"

I move out from behind the wall, looking down at the crumpled figure of Jack. I couldn't help but laugh, shaking my head as his own fell against the floor. "A little drunk are we?" I ask him, bending down to his level.

He looks up, pouting at me like a three year old. "I had too many beers. Can you take me up to my room?" I then noticed how disheveled he looked.

"You are very drunk," I mutter. "Come on, let's get you upstairs."

He lifts his arms from where he was splayed across the wood, and I stick my arms under his pits before hauling him to his feet. His arms wrap around my shoulders as I move him toward the staircase. "Take a step up, Jack," I tell him, a little annoyed by how pathetic he was acting. "That's how stairs work."

"But I'm tired," he whines, his head flopping against my neck like a rag doll. I blow out an aggravated breath, trying to remember that he's drunk. "Can't you do it for me?"

"No!" I groan. "You know how to walk."

He pouts again before stumbling up the first set of stairs, his body sagging when we get to the platform. "This is hard," he complains, his arms moving away from me as his figure leans against the wall. "I hate walking."

I roll my eyes, no longer amused. Sometimes a drunk Jack is an obnoxious Jack.

"Let's go," I tell him, pulling him toward the next set of stairs. "I'll get you some water so you can sleep this off once we get to our bedroom."

He nods obediently, letting me grab hold of his arm and pull him up the last set of stairs. Once we were on the second story, I practically drag him into our bedroom, where he runs for the bed, plopping down on it without removing his clothes. I ignore this, deciding I'd rather deal with his wrinkly pants then convince him to strip. I go into the bathroom and run some water in a cup, bringing it back out to his half-asleep figure.

"Jack," I say, trying to sound patient, "I have your water."

He rolls over on his back and looks at me, grinning widely. "Thank you babe," he smiles, leaning up to give me a sloppy kiss on the cheek. I wipe it away hastily. He chugs the water, the cup never leaving his lips until it was gone. "Oh God, water is holy."

I shake my head, a small smile playing on my lips. "Now go to sleep," I tell him, setting the empty cup on the nightstand. "You need to sleep the alcohol off."

He nods, his head dropping onto the pillow.

I turn around to move back to the door when he calls my name. I look back at him.

"Where are you going?" he pouts, his arms stretched out toward me. "I wanna cuddle with my fiancée." His fingers wiggled for me, but all I could do was stare at him, my jaw slack.

Did he just call me his fiancée?

"Jack, what did you just call me?" I ask, forgetting for a moment that he was drunk. I move back over to him, his arms dropping when he sees me come near the bed. A lazy smile was on his face as I stop beside his drunken figure.

"My fiancée," he repeats. "We're gonna get ma-a-a-rried!"

I ignore his awful song, shaking my head. "Jack, we're not engaged. You must be thinking about Alex and Rein." Pang to the chest. I brush it off.

"We're gonna be engaged," he giggles like a little girl, reaching out and gripping my hand. It hurt; he was holding it too tight. Almost crushing the bones in my fingers. "I have a ring and everything." My eyes widen, while he beams and sits up hurriedly. "Do you wanna see it?" he asks enthusiastically.

I go to protest, hoping he was just drunkenly ranting, but he was already reaching inside of his pants pocket before I could stop him. He pulls out a small box with a velvet cover and my insides turned to mush at the sight of it.

"See!" he grins. "Here it is!"

My mouth was dry. I couldn't breathe. "Jack..."

He pops it open, my heart completely stopping at the sight of the diamond ring sitting among the silk. It was large; bigger than Rein's. It was gorgeous, the perfect ring for me. But all I felt was an overwhelming sense of guilt and anger that this was happening while he was drunk off his motherfucking ass.

"Put that away," I growl, snapping it shut. His face droops. "You are not going to propose to me while your drunk." Or ever. "It can't happen that way. Especially since you won't remember it the next morning."

He sighs, his shoulders sagging. More guilt washes over me.

"Just..." I sigh, taking the box from his hand and placing it on the nightstand. "Go to sleep. We'll talk in the morning, okay?"

Jack nods, puckering his lips. I roll my eyes and bend down to give him a very quick kiss. I peck before pushing away, making him lay back down on the bed. "Goodnight Sadie," he murmurs as his eyes droop closed. "I love you."

I wince as I stop by the door, my hand about to turn the lights off. "You too."

But he didn't hear me, his snores already filling the room from top to bottom. I exhale deeply, my heart sad as I close the door behind me. I had to take a moment to myself, my back hitting the wall once Jack was out of sight. Out of mind as well, I tell myself. I then move back down the stairs, my brain still on the fact that Jack was planning on fucking proposing. Why hadn't he yet? How long has he had that ring? Was he ever going to actually do it?

"Sadie?"

I whip around, expecting Jack to have followed me, but my shoulders relax in relief upon seeing someone else. "Alex," I breathe, running over to where he was waiting in the hall for me. I crush him into me, burying my face in his neck once again. I felt like crying, but I was all out of tears from crying hours earlier.

"What's wrong?" he asks, smoothing his hand down my back.

I wanted to tell him. So badly, but I refrain from doing so. "Just exhausted," I reply, the lie sour on my tongue. "A drunk Jack is really hard to get in bed." I chuckle, but that even felt lame on my lips.

Alex nods, chuckling as well. "He is."

He leans down and kisses me, his lips so sweet against mine that I pull him closer, wanting to savor it. Who knew when I'd be able to kiss him again.

"You better go," I breathe against his mouth, keeping our lips connected in another kiss. God, I could kiss him forever. "She's probably waiting for you." I felt like our teeth were banging together as I talked, but it was so worth it.

He nods, pulling away. I wanted to pout. "She probably is."

I walk him to the front door, opening it for him. We don't even say anything, just stare at each other. Finally, he leans down and gives me another glorious kiss; but this time it was a goodbye kiss. God, I would miss his lips. Then he was walking away down my driveway, his back to me. He turns to look at me as he stops by his car, his hand going to his face and then in the air, blowing me a kiss.

I laugh softly, giving him one in return. He catches it in his hand jokingly, before pretending to put it in his pocket for safekeeping. I laugh again.

Then he gets in his car and drives away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am proud of this chapter. A lot of people who are on Team Jack seem to think she's gonna end up with Alex. I wouldn't be so sure if I were you...
That's all I have to say on that matter. Thoughts?

takecontrol'xo
Kinkeh Dinosaurs
heeytara
lilac encouragement;
perfect disaster
all time perv.
Jessaaakkaa
fumes.
mmmxalright