Sequel: Mess You Made

Smiling In Everything

Speaking of bridesmaids.

"Alex asked me to arrange his bachelor party," Jack says as we walk into the coffee shop. "Should I hire some strippers? I think we'd break the tradition if we didn't."

"I don't think you should be asking me about strippers," I raise an eyebrow.

"Oh. Right. Wrong person to be asking," he chuckles, slinging an arm over my shoulder. "Can we have it our house, or do you not want naked women dancing on our coffee table?" I slap his arm as he laughs out loud, pressing a light kiss to my temple. We get in line, standing behind some fat guy with a newspaper.

"What about you?" he asks, his other hand tracing down my side. "Has Rein asked you to do her bachelorette party yet?" He pulls me into his chest, my brows crinkling.

"Why would she ask me that?"

Jack goes to answer but we're interrupted by our names being called. We look over to see Alex and Rein entering the coffee house, their hands laced together. I hold back from grimacing in their direction.

My boyfriend waves as they walk up, stopping in the spot behind us in line. I make a pointed gesture not to look at Alex, still thinking about our afternoon yesterday.

"Hey guys," Rein grins, that perfect smile blinding me. "How's it going?"

"Sadie and I were just discussing your guys' cuteness," Jack teases, resting his chin on my head. I felt sick to my stomach. The other girl laughs as I flick my vision toward Alex, who's head was turned the opposite way.

I knew things would be awkward with him the next time we saw each other. Even though neither of us would admit it out loud, the tension between us yesterday while we were baking had upped a level. And I swear he had been seconds away from kissing me on the floor until Jack walked through the door. And knowing that I wished Jack hadn't walked in made guilt pulse through my veins.

"Awh, thanks," Rein was saying when I tune back into reality. "Alex and I were actually just talking about what venue to have the wedding at. We were thinking that cute little church outside of town. What do you think, Sades?"

I snap my eyes toward her. "Hmm? Oh, I think that...that would be adorable."

She grins. "Awesome! I thought so, too. Alex said he didn't care as long as it happened," Rein cooes, looking up at her fiance. "Isn't my boyfriend the sweetest?"

Alex finally showed some kind of emotion by smiling down at her. They kiss, and I turn my head away, my nose pressing into Jack's chest. I pretend to have to cough before looking back at them, their lips no longer connected.

"Man, Lex," Jack sighs. "I wish my lady spoke that highly of me."

"Hey!" I fake gasp, play-glaring at him. "I speak very highly of you!"

"I know," my boyfriend smiles, leaning down to capture my own lips in a kiss. "I'm just kidding. You know I love to tease you." I grin, kissing him again. When we pull away I glance back at the other couple; and unless my eyes betrayed me, I could have sworn I saw Alex scowl at us before turning away again.

__


"...maybe even some lilies would be pretty. But I also love roses. Especially since Alex gave them to me for our 6 month anniversary. Remember that night, honey? You asked me if I was willing to spend the rest of my life with you? And look at us now, about to get married..."

We'd been sitting here for over a half-hour just listening to Rein ramble on about the wedding, branching off into some random story every once in awhile. It was...sickening.

"...and I was hoping to get those flowers in by next month too, just to see how they would look as the centerpieces. Mom said that centerpieces are essential because they'll be the last thing the guests see before they leave the reception. I hope she's right, because we've picked out gorgeous ones. Not only gorgeous ones, but expensive ones at that..."

I lean my head against Jack's shoulder, my eyelids feeling heavy.

"...Alex also said he wanted to hire that jazz band we saw at the gazebo one time. Wouldn't that be so cute? It would resemble our first date, the beginning of our fantastic relationship. I will immediately book them, I just have to find their company number..."

Even Alex looked bored, his head resting against the window beside our table. Jack was fiddling with his napkin, sometimes taking a sip of his coffee.

"...the dress is being discussed at the moment. I want a mermaid style, with lace on top. Don't you think that would look so pretty? Especially with my bridesmaids dresses...oh! Speaking of bridesmaids. Sadie!"

My eyes blow wide as I sit up straight. "Sorry I didn't get much sleep last night."

Rein smiles soothingly. "It's okay. I just have a question for you."

Alex and Jack look over as well, Rein's fiancee scrunching his eyebrows in confusion. Jack started to grin. "What's your question?" I ask. "Do you need me to get a priest? My mom knows one at her church..."

"Oh, no, the priest is taken care of," Rein waves her hand in dismissal. "And this is much, much more important than the priest." Her white smile greeted me once again.

"What's up then?" I ask, cocking my head to the side.

She takes a deep breath, reaching to grab Alex's hand, who was gazing at his girlfriend weirdly. "Sadie," she smiles assuringly, "I want you to be my Maid of Honor."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ughh, sorry this took so long. And even after all this time, this chapter is short, lame, and a filler. So so so so sorry guys! Writer's block and marching band do not mix well. It puts off stories even longer :P I hope this is better! It's a three day weekend, so hopefully more updating can be done :)
Thoughts?

lilac encouragement;
Sierrarox
zillyboo
MusicIsKey
RebeccaRiot!
somebody_who_cares
jack barakitten.