Status: Updated whenever...

Covert Affairs Drabbles

If there was ever a time to seize the day, now was the time to do it.

Seize the day. Every time Annie heard that phrase her mind involuntarily took her back to that day on the farm. Scott was a doctor, a profession she had always found interesting and had for a time actually considered going into, until that anatomy class in high school almost made her feint. She wasn’t expecting too much of the date when she got there. However, that had proved to be wrong. He made her feel relaxed instead of the usual stressed out feeling she had on dates as well as during this mission. He was sweet, and despite her insisting, he paid for the meal. They had even scheduled another date before he had to run out. She liked him. He was kind, caring, nice, and attractive, which is exactly why she decided that she needed to break up with him on date number two. She couldn’t bear to break his heart. She knew all too well what that felt like. She decided that ending it early would be the best decision as well as the one that would keep him out of danger.

Of course, she had good intentions to do so, and she almost did three times, but she couldn’t bring herself to do it. He made her smile, laugh, and be genuinely happy. It was nice. It wasn’t some whirlwind romance. He was enamoring. It was awhile before she felt completely comfortable with him, of course. That’s CIA instinct. They dated a year before she told him. More like blurted it unceremoniously. They sat down to watch romantic comedies pertaining to anniversaries, neither of them too keen on the anniversary celebrating thing. During a lull in one of the movie scenes she said it.

“I don’t work for the Smithsonian.” He returned it with a skeptical, ‘where do you work then?’ look. “I’m a CIA agent.” She assumed he thought she was joking when he chuckled and said;

“You would.” Off her glare, he explained further. “I knew you, Anne Catherine Walker, speed driving maniac, daring, blood-soup eating” she was momentarily stunned he remembered that from a year ago. “Could not work in art acquisitions.” He basically scoffed. “I mean don’t get me wrong it’s nice on a field trip but working there every day is not your style.” He smiled charmingly in that way which always made Annie giggle. “I’m assuming your sister doesn’t know?”

“No, she doesn’t. She was never good at keeping secrets. Especially from Michael.”

“Don’t worry.” He winked. “I will carry this to the grave.” He crossed his heart and that seemed to end the conversation. Annie was so thankful that he didn’t press for information. She settled easily into his side and fell asleep on his couch with him.

Scott proposed three months later. She said yes.

Looking back now, eight months into the marriage, she couldn’t help but smile at the saying. She would be happy for a long, long time because of it. She seized the day and married the love of her life because of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea where this came from. We met this doctor guy in one episode and she went on like two dates with him and I already have her marrying him. Anyway I may know where this came from actually.
a. swallowing way too much chlorine at swim practice.
b. he used the part of the prompt phrase in the episode and I had a lack of ideas.

Anyway, I wrote it really quickly and it's really late. Feel free to yell at me for all my awful grammatical mistakes.
On an unrelated note, anyone watch Suits tonight?