Dance for the King

Prince

Soft, thin silk and lace danced around a thin frame.

A sheer veil covered a sad face.

So beautiful...so beautiful.

The prince leaned forward almost across the table watching her. He knew it was likely dangerous, but he seemed to have an obsession watching her. He knew that his lovely princess hated that fact, but it was the one sin that he allowed himself, that he would ever allow himself.

A long white leg graced the air.

The angelic form slowly slide to the ground.

A soft sigh escaped full lips.

Falling back in his chair, the prince spared a smile for his bride. "Your maid dances well does she not?" he asked arching an eyebrow. He didn't listen to her reply. He already knew the answer, the tone. She hated her maid. She hated even more the desire he felt for her. A part of him felt guilt for that.

Gold eyes met deep green eyes for a single moment.

A gently callused hand gripped his.

The bench scrapped against the ground grating at nerves.

Everyone in the room stood watching the prince and princess as they stood. He held his bride's hand aloft and allowed a smile to touch his lips as he turned to face her. "Shall we, my lady?" Maybe if he was so fortunate one day he would take the dancer for his mistress. Until then, this princess would content him.